• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Snoop Dogg

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I realize I'm biased, but I think that Snoop Dogg is an INTJ. Developed INTJs are rarely shy; I think that Snoop's "laid back" persona is the way he's learned to present his introvertedness (yay for fake words) in a socially acceptable way. In general, however, he's a very ambitious, focused individual who, from all of the interviews I've read, clearly had an idea of what he wanted to do with his life and planned things out step-by-step to achieve them, to hell with what other people may have thought.

Overall, though, he's got that INTJ "I'm so in charge I don't even need say it or make a point of it" attitude.

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I think snoop doggs type is *PIMP* or *FOOL* lol

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually think I might go with Mycroft. Though Snoop Dogg isn't Intuitive, he's Intuizzle! :p (He also looks like a Klingon!)

Though I'm leaning more along ENTJ, since he was more openly rebellious and a blunt fighter for the underdog (an INTJ would probably be more subtle, but like you say, he could be a developed INTJ). I think most iconic rappers (Ice-T, Dr. Dre, etc.) are Intuitive. Rap music, in particular, because their music is not about anything based in reality, they're usually fantasies.

He does show that NT tendency for wordplay.

EDIT: I am also secretly a fan of Snoop Dogg...oops, not a secret anymore! :p

ygolo

My termites win
I was going to do Counter-Culture Icons Part 2: Rap & Hip-Hop, but I guess I will think of something else.

I watched the Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav, and Snoop Dogg was pretty much the funniest one on there.

I would have picked Dr. Dre and Jay Z to be INTJs for sure but I thought Snoop Dogg was an ISTP. For some reason, I had a tendency to type a lot of my ISTP friends as INTJs before they revealed their type. So now I hedge the other direction.

I think Flavor Flav is an extravert. But Snoop Dogg definitely seems like a quiet "cool" type.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Eminem is an INFJ, now that we're talking about rappers. His music is clearly fantasy-oriented -- they are about his fantasies about killing his wife and so forth...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't have any idea what his type is, but I think he is pretty.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Eminem's definitely got the INFJ intensity about him.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I thought Snoop was ISTP.

The only popular rappers that strike me as TJ or NTJ are

50 Cent EXTJ I think it's cool he calls him self 50 Cent cause it means change.
Dr. Dre ENTJ
Jay Z INTJ
Nas NTJ (INTJ?)

Most others are probably SP (many are SFP). Also a good portion of rappers use ghostwriters so you can't always tell by their lyrics. I think 50, Dre, Jay-z, and Nas write their own stuff.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But in ghostwriting, wouldn't the songs still be singer's ideas?

I thought people turned to ghostwriters because they had ideas in their heads but had trouble expressing them by themselves, so they dictated ideas to an author.

I don't think that turning to ghostwriting really indicates type. Ghostwriting is the case anyone would turn to when they don't have the actual skill. Type doesn't determine actual skill, but more of your outlook.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
But in ghostwriting, wouldn't the songs still be singer's ideas?

I thought people turned to ghostwriters because they had ideas in their heads but had trouble expressing them by themselves, so they dictated ideas to an author.

I don't think that turning to ghostwriting really indicates type. Ghostwriting is the case anyone would turn to when they don't have the actual skill. Type doesn't determine actual skill, but more of your outlook.

I don't know if the artist creates the image and the ghostwriter crafts it. I don't think ghostwriting indicates type at all, in fact I think it obscures type because you're not getting the pure artist.

When a ghostwriter writes a rapper's lyrics (but the rapper claims credit for them) you're getting the ghost writer's psyche and not the artist's or some mixture of the two (or three because after all, we've got a product to sell). A good artist tries to get a ghostwriter who matches their personality enough so that the lyrics and persona go together. You want PB&J not polka dots and stripes.

That's why rappers rarely admit to using ghostwriters, it's all about being authentic and having these experiences, and all the crap they've lived through. I think most popular rap (not underground which is where the better stuff is) is all about Si.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
he's an ENTP! he must be.. I've been trying to figure it out watching the father hood.

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Eminem's definitely got the INFJ intensity about him.

I don't see INFJs having the aggressive in your face style Eminem does. I could see an INFJ being more of the cerberal "conscious" or "backpacker rappers" though. De La Soul, Tribe, Common, etc.

Mostly I think they would stick to folk music, gospel, hymns and classical instruments - where they can hide in the back and play with hair covering their face. (I'm mostly kidding here btw - don't flame me)

Snoop? I would go with ESTP or ISTP. There is nothing N about him. Not to say anything is wrong with that. I think the majority of rappers are Ss. Especially the ones that rap mostly about bling and scoring bitches (which is most of them, including Snoop).

Dre, I could see as an N.