• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the aviator(Howard hughes) potrayed by Leonardo Dicaprio.

R

Riva

i can't believe that no one has started a thread abt this. well there is always a first to everything.
i don't know much abt Howard Hughes. got to know what i know abt him from the film. and frankly i am not that interested in knowing what Howard Hughe's type is. just wanna have some 'EXPERT' opinion on what his type is depicted by DiCaprio.

i am inclined to say that he is an ENTP. a really Workaholic ENTP. then again an ENTP will turn into a workaholic overnight if there is something interesting to do. and well Hughes was doing the most interesting thing that existed back then. Aviation and Movie Making.

it should be noted that most ENTPs ARE and look laid back. but some are hyperactive and can't sit in their seats for more than 5 seconds. they would stop what they were doing(common to all ENTPs) and follow their hunch to Tokyo. and do something completely different to what they intended to do when they arrive there.
most likely they would run around saying GODZILLA!!! GODZILLA!!!
well Hughes was definitely someone of that sort.

he could also be an ENTJ or an ENFX

and there are many points to support my view that he is an ENTP.but don,t have time now. gotto to go to Tokyo.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
hard to type because he was out of his mind. it would be interesting to see if OCD has any correlation to type though.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
yeah i was about to suggest ENTJ, cuz his eccentricities and strange ways might make him seem introverted/inventor type

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think he's an ENTP.
Having OCD has nothing to do with being a J..

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Howard Hughes exhibited classic traits of a neurotic NT -- obsessions and compulsions -- with that said, I think INTJ or ENTJ are most likely.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
He was mentally ill. But I would guess very strongly I from his biographical material.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I think I'd go with either INTJ or INTP.

R

Riva

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future, the way of the future...

R

Riva

its a bit hard. because the guy had a pretty odd personal life didn't he. hypochondriac and all. although the whole film was based on him he was basically sick. if he wasn't sick and was more social it would have been easy to guess.

nevertheless i am inclinedd to think that he's a ENTx.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was under the impression he didn't really get sick in the head until after he'd been bumped on the noggin pretty hard and generally traumatized in plane crashes. I thought it was organic damage rather than a result of type. No?

R

Riva

I was under the impression he didn't really get sick in the head until after he'd been bumped on the noggin pretty hard and generally traumatized in plane crashes. I thought it was organic damage rather than a result of type. No?

well i guess it was fear put in to him by his mother than his type or crash. can you remember the beginning of the film? his mom is giving him a bath and makes him repeat-
Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine, Quarantine

and also makes him tell that everything outside this room is dirty. she makes HIM repeat things like it is unclean, dirty, will kill you etc a lot of times.

i guess that hints AS TO how he got the compulsive disorder AND his HYPOCHINDRIA is most obviously a result of his mother putting him under a lot of stress concerning hygene.