User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 40

  1. #21
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    Effy: INTJ no possible way she is an F
    you know very disturbed Fe user is very disturbed. imo it seems that what he looking for, is more of Fe than Te thing, basically she wants to control peoples emotions, wrap them around her finger and its her view of fun, i doubt an INTJ would care for that sort of stuff.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  2. #22
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    An INFJ wants to understand, an INTJ wants to control.
    She's not interested in people, she's interested in manipulating connections. She enjoys standing out of the group, she has absolutely no interest in being "nice" to achieve goals (Fe), and her fucked up Fi manifests itself in season 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    basically she wants to control peoples emotions, wrap them around her finger and its her view of fun, i doubt an INTJ would care for that sort of stuff.
    That's exactly what a troubled INTJ would care for

  3. #23
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    An INFJ wants to understand, an INTJ wants to control.
    She's not interested in people, she's interested in manipulating connections. She enjoys standing out of the group, she has absolutely no interest in being "nice" to achieve goals (Fe), and her fucked up Fi manifests itself in season 4.
    you got it wrong, Fe is not about understanding any more as Te is, they are actually very similar, you are confusing it to Ji. Fe isnt about achieving goals either, being nice isnt Fe thing either if you are as disturbed as she is.

    what she went through on season 4 had nothing to do with Fi, she just lost her mind(also it seemed more of a problem with P than J function), not everything in human mind is about MBTI you know. not to mention that she is a fictional character and fictional characters might go through some unrealistic internal mind works, even if the character had a really realistic personality in other ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    That's exactly what a troubled INTJ would care for
    controlling overall or controlling emotions? controlling emotions and social circles is a Fe thing, controlling overall is Je thing, Te would be more like controlling what way a mild bottle is in the fridge . okay it can get more like getting people under your control to do tasks for you and that sort of stuff, but controlling social circles + emotions is definitely an Fe thing, no doubt. also you should remember that F type does not equal to emotional person, Fe users can be as stone cold(or even worse) than Te types.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  4. #24
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    you got it wrong, Fe is not about understanding any more as Te is, they are actually very similar, you are confusing it to Ji. Fe isnt about achieving goals either
    *facepalm*

    Re-read my post please.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    what she went through on season 4 had nothing to do with Fi, she just lost her mind(also it seemed more of a problem with P than J function)
    Losing her mind = Ni-Fi loop.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    not everything in human mind is about MBTI you know
    *facepalm*

    So you can't type anybody based on their actions in confusing and disturbing situations, which happen to lead to psychosis...?
    How is this an argument against her being a Fi-user?

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    not to mention that she is a fictional character and fictional characters might go through some unrealistic internal mind works, even if the character had a really realistic personality in other ways.
    Yes, her really realistic personality is a Ni-dom Te-aux INTJ who handles stress exactly the way she does.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    controlling overall or controlling emotions?
    "Controlling overall"? What does it mean to "controll overall"? Everything is accomplished through manipulating connections and moving chess pieces. It can be achieved through Fe or Te. Effy doesn't care shit about people's emotions and inner world until it serves her purpose, she's a thinker.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Te would be more like controlling what way a mild bottle is in the fridge .
    ...................

    I think I had enough facepalms for today.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    also you should remember that F type does not equal to emotional person, Fe users can be as stone cold(or even worse) than Te types.
    No, F type means decision-making based on emotions. T type means decision-making based on logic and rationally identified interests.
    How on earth can you say that Effy's basing her decisions on her current emotional state?
    Last edited by Litvyak; 04-26-2011 at 06:20 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    F type means decision-making based on emotions.
    lol you are so lost with the basics that there is no point on arguing you, not to mention that you are an INTJ so you would simply refuse to understand if i would teach you the basics..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #26
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Sorry if I sounded condescending, I had a really, really fucked up week.
    I've also made some mistakes in my last post. How about you disregard my rudeness, and I disregard your short-sighted type-based generalization on trying to "teach me" stuff, deal?

    What I'm saying is:

    Quote Originally Posted by personality.info
    "Feeling people make decisions based on feelings, so the Extraverted Feeling function allows a person to adjust their behavior to the needs of others. Is it the ability to relate and the desire to connect with others with warmth and consideration. It draws others out and responds to expressed or unexpressed needs."
    Effy does not base her actions on feelings. She is a careful planner, remember that episode from season 2 where he basicly put up a petit Xanatos Gambit to re-arrange the relationships of Sid+Cassie and Tony+Michelle because of an art project?
    She crafted a VERY complicated plan to solve a seemingly impossible situation because she just couldn't FEEL anything otherwise. She couldn't bring herself to paint anger, passion, love etc. because her emotions were so rough, so she tryed to force Sid into finishing the project for her.

    Remember season 3? They were out in the woods, and she told Freddie to hit her, because she wanted to feel something. Of course, she DID feel lots of stuff, including but not limited to immense love, but she found it impossible to tame her feelings, let alone communicate them. She feels strongly, and it scares her, so she fucks around.
    This is the fucked-up Fi of a thinker, not the fucked up Fe of a feeler imo. And this is her pre-psychotic stage.

    What you might be confusing for "feeling" is her ability to see right through people. True, she does that, but she's using Ni.



    Sexiest female character I've ever seen on TV.

  7. #27
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Sorry if I sounded condescending, I had a really, really fucked up week.
    I've also made some mistakes in my last post. How about you disregard my rudeness, and I disregard your short-sighted type-based generalization on trying to "teach me" stuff, deal?

    What I'm saying is:



    Effy does not base her actions on feelings. She is a careful planner, remember that episode from season 2 where he basicly put up a petit Xanatos Gambit to re-arrange the relationships of Sid+Cassie and Tony+Michelle because of an art project?
    She crafted a VERY complicated plan to solve a seemingly impossible situation because she just couldn't FEEL anything otherwise. She couldn't bring herself to paint anger, passion, love etc. because her emotions were so rough, so she tryed to force Sid into finishing the project for her.

    Remember season 3? They were out in the woods, and she told Freddie to hit her, because she wanted to feel something. Of course, she DID feel lots of stuff, including but not limited to immense love, but she found it impossible to tame her feelings, let alone communicate them. She feels strongly, and it scares her, so she fucks around.
    This is the fucked-up Fi of a thinker, not the fucked up Fe of a feeler imo. And this is her pre-psychotic stage.

    What you might be confusing for "feeling" is her ability to see right through people. True, she does that, but she's using Ni.



    Sexiest female character I've ever seen on TV.
    you are using the word 'feeling' in a wrong way when speaking about this. what you seem to use the word feeling for seems to be some mixture of affects, feelings(as in i feel like doing this) and F function. and it looks like thats where the confusion comes.

    Quote Originally Posted by carl jung, psychological types
    AFFECT. By the term affect I mean a state of feeling characterized by marked physical innervation on the one hand and a peculiar disturbance of the ideational process on the other. I use emotion as synonymous with affect. I distinguish ... feeling from affect, in spite of the fact that the dividing line is fluid, since every feeling, after attaining a certain strength, releases physical innervations, thus becoming an affect. For practical reasons, however, it is advisable to distinguish affect from feeling, since feeling can be a voluntarily disposable function, whereas affect is usually not. Similarly, affect is clearly distinguished from feeling by quite perceptible physical innervations, while feeling for the most part lacks them, or else their intensity is so slight that they can be demonstrated only by the most delicate instruments ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by carl jung, psychological types
    3. Feeling

    Feeling in the extraverted attitude is orientated by objective data, i.e. the object is the indispensable determinant of the kind of feeling. It agrees with objective values. If one has always known feeling as a subjective fact, the nature of extraverted feeling will not immediately be understood, since it has freed itself as fully as possible from the subjective factor, and has, instead, become wholly subordinated to the influence of the object. Even where it seems to show a certain independence of the quality of the concrete object, it is none the less under the spell of. traditional or generally valid standards of some sort. I may feel constrained, for instance, to use the predicate 'beautiful' or 'good', not because I find the object 'beautiful' or 'good' from my own subjective feeling, but because it is fitting and politic so to do; and fitting it certainly is, inasmuch as a contrary opinion would disturb the general feeling situation. A feeling-judgment such as this is in no way a simulation or a lie -- it is merely an act of accommodation. A picture, for instance, may be termed beautiful, because a picture that is hung in a drawing-room and bearing a well-known signature is generally assumed to be beautiful, or because the predicate 'ugly' might offend the family of the fortunate possessor, or because there is a benevolent intention on the part of the visitor to create a pleasant feeling-atmosphere, to which end everything must be felt as agreeable. Such feelings are governed by the standard of the objective determinants. As such they are genuine, and represent the total visible feeling-function.

    In precisely the same way as extraverted thinking strives to rid itself of subjective influences, extraverted feeling has also to undergo a certain process of differentiation, before it is finally denuded of every subjective [p. 447] trimming. The valuations resulting from the act of feeling either correspond directly with objective values or at least chime in with certain traditional and generally known standards of value. This kind of feeling is very largely responsible for the fact that so many people flock to the theatre, to concerts, or to Church, and what is more, with correctly adjusted positive feelings. Fashions, too, owe their existence to it, and, what is far more valuable, the whole positive and wide-spread support of social, philanthropic, and such like cultural enterprises. In such matters, extraverted feeling proves itself a creative factor. Without this feeling, for instance, a beautiful and harmonious sociability would be unthinkable. So far extraverted feeling is just as beneficent and rationally effective as extraverted thinking. But this salutary effect is lost as soon as the object gains an exaggerated influence. For, when this happens, extraverted feeling draws the personality too much into the object, i.e. the object assimilates the person, whereupon the personal character of the feeling, which constitutes its principal charm, is lost. Feeling then becomes cold, material, untrustworthy. It betrays a secret aim, or at least arouses the suspicion of it in an impartial observer. No longer does it make that welcome and refreshing impression the invariable accompaniment of genuine feeling; instead, one scents a pose or affectation, although the egocentric motive may be entirely unconscious.

    Such overstressed, extraverted feeling certainly fulfils æsthetic expectations, but no longer does it speak to the heart; it merely appeals to the senses, or -- worse still -- to the reason. Doubtless it can provide æsthetic padding for a situation, but there it stops, and beyond that its effect is nil. It has become sterile. Should this process go further, a strangely contradictory dissociation of feeling develops; every object is seized upon with feeling- [p. 448] valuations, and numerous relationships are made which are inherently and mutually incompatible. Since such aberrations would be quite impossible if a sufficiently emphasized subject were present, the last vestige of a real personal standpoint also becomes suppressed. The subject becomes so swallowed up in individual feeling processes that to the observer it seems as though there were no longer a subject of feeling but merely a feeling process. In such a condition feeling has entirely forfeited its original human warmth, it gives an impression of pose, inconstancy, unreliability, and in the worst cases appears definitely hysterical.
    now that we cleared out the difference between emotions/affects and feelings and i cba to continue atm. so if you just answer to this question and we can continue from that. you meant that she doesent base her actions on emotions, not feelings as jung described them above right?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  8. #28
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    First generation

    Tony: ENTJ
    Michelle: ENFJ ESFJ
    Sid: ISFP
    Cassie: INFJ
    Chris: ESFP
    Jal: ISTJ
    Maxxie: ISFP
    Anwar: ISFJ ENFP

    Second generation

    Effy: INTJ
    Pandora: ENFP
    Cook: ESTP
    Freddie: ISFJ
    JJ: ENTJ (please explain) INTP
    Naomie Campbell: ESTJENfJ
    Megan: ENFJ
    Emily: ISFP
    JJ is a nerdy ENTJ, like Bill Gates. He need to control his environment (J) and is openly talkative about his weird ideas and analysis (E).

    Naomie is actually ENTJ, but I think that she's a 1w2 and the wing 2 make you think she more ENfJ.

    Michelle is ESFJ, yeah, Anwar, I don't remember.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

  9. #29
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    What about Cassie?

    Her character fascinates me. ENFJ?

    Cassie Video Diary
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought Fi-dom. And ISFP specifically.
    Sid I get ISTP.
    Tony, ENTx, though I lean more towards ENTJ.
    Michelle ESFP.
    Jal INFJ.
    Chris ESTP.

    Only watched the first season or volume so far.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  10. #30
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I've always thought Fi-dom. And ISFP specifically.
    Sid I get ISTP.
    Tony, ENTx, though I lean more towards ENTJ.
    Michelle ESFP.
    Jal INFJ.
    Chris ESTP.

    Only watched the first season or volume so far.
    After watching the second volume... I've decided Cassie is definitely an INFx.
    Sid: ISFP
    Maxxie: ISFP
    Anwar: ESxx
    Michelle: ESFP
    Effy: INTJ
    Chris: ESxP
    Jal: ISFJ or maybe ESFJ. Def an SJ.
    Tony: ENTx
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Similar Threads

  1. Chuck (tv series)
    By Malcontent in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 04:45 PM
  2. NCIS(TV Series) Personality Types?
    By Magia Erebea User in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 03:13 PM
  3. Sex, Love & Secrets (tv series)
    By TickTock in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:39 AM
  4. Lost in Space (TV series) characters
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 04:43 AM
  5. Applying MBTI to the "Jericho" TV-series
    By Valiant in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO