User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Mister Rogers' type?

By the way, I have a bit of idol-worship going on with Mister Rogers. So if anybody talks smack about him in this thread, I will turn green and bust out of all my clothing except the parts that would be interesting if they busted.

That said, he screams Fi to me. ISFP?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ENTJ

ISFP makes sense.

Yet, he was somewhat fanciful, what with his fond connection to the land of Make-Believe. Maybe a wispy INFP...?

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's often said that he's INFP. Although not knowing him, I have no comment.
    4w5 sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ENTJ

ISFP makes sense.

Yet, he was somewhat fanciful, what with his fond connection to the land of Make-Believe. Maybe a wispy INFP...?
    I think INFP, as well.

Although Night, you may be on to something with the ENTJ thing!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can see INFP, but he seems very ISFP to me. The land of make-believe is a bit of a red herring, IMO, because he doesn't do that stuff for its own sake. He's very, very tuned into the real fears and concerns of children (in a very Fi-Se way--almost everything he does seems to be identifying feeling tones about things that a person encounters in the real sensory world), and uses their language of pretend to help them deal with it.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can see INFP, but he seems very ISFP to me. The land of make-believe is a bit of a red herring, IMO, because he doesn't do that stuff for its own sake. He's very, very tuned into the real fears and concerns of children (in a very Fi-Se way--almost everything he does seems to be identifying feeling tones about things that a person encounters in the real sensory world), and uses their language of pretend to help them deal with it.
    That does make a good deal of sense. Mr. Rogers is sort of like...theraputic television for children. I used to adore watching that show. Could he possibly borderline the realm of 'S' and 'N'?

And, are you typing Mr. Rogers as a TV character, or are we taking him as a person as a whole into account, too? [I'm not slamming him here, I loved watching him-- but just saying-- ] He didn't really hold much fondness for children...and those restrictive clothes cover up a full-bodied tattoo...and he was a war veteran. Just saying...could that say anything about his type as well?
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I like what you're cooking here. He's something of a steward.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Urban myth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    That does make a good deal of sense. Mr. Rogers is sort of like...theraputic television for children. I used to adore watching that show. Could he possibly borderline the realm of 'S' and 'N'?
    Well, that would certainly explain why I'm so drawn to him, as I borderline the realm of S and N myself. I think you are right. The show is very therapeutic. I loved it as a child, and I love sharing it with my children now as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    And, are you typing Mr. Rogers as a TV character, or are we taking him as a person as a whole into account, too? [I'm not slamming him here, I loved watching him-- but just saying-- ] He didn't really hold much fondness for children...and those restrictive clothes cover up a full-bodied tattoo...and he's a war veteran. Just saying...could that say anything about his type as well?
    I think you've been reading too many forwarded emails. He never served in the military, and had no tattoos. I just watched an episode with my son where he rolls up his sleeve to get a flu shot, and there were no tattoos to be seen. And he had a great fondness for children. He was being himself on the TV show. Everything I've read about him and by him suggests this. Fi is very concerned with authenticity.

snopes.com: Mister Rogers

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

His focus on inner emotional strength plus the imaginative nature of the show make me think INFP.

Wonderful clip of Mister Rogers talking to Congress when Nixon tried to cut funding for PBS:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXEuEUQIP3Q"]Mr Rogers Goes to Washington[/YOUTUBE]

I agree with Fi dom at the very least.