User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by mnestic View Post
    I love Mister Rogers too! I also think INFP, though I suck at typing people. He's just so accepting, like the INFPs in my life.
    I know-accepting
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    By the way, I have a bit of idol-worship going on with Mister Rogers. So if anybody talks smack about him in this thread, I will turn green and bust out of all my clothing except the parts that would be interesting if they busted.

That said, he screams Fi to me. ISFP?
    I thought he was an ISFJ because he reminded me of an ISFJ friend who LOVED repetition. Doing or saying the same things over and over again every day and never getting tired of it is what struck me about Mister Rogers. Routine and repetition... and that's what he tried to provide for the children who watched his program. I think he was an ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

tee-hee

I didn't remember I had already posted in this thread.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I can see ISFJ more clearly than INFP or INFJ. I just don't see N in him. It's kind of N-centric to insist that someone has to be N to do what he did.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I can see ISFJ more clearly than INFP or INFJ. I just don't see N in him. It's kind of N-centric to insist that someone has to be N to do what he did.
    He hated television. HATED it. And yet, he still realized what he could do with it.

Ni.

I don't identify with him at all

Not that I don't like him.. but I think I prefer Mr. Robinson instead.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

ISFJ. Kind of stereotypically ISFJ male, right?

I can also see some INFPs strongly identifying with Mister Rogers, or idolizing him as a child, because of his pronounced Si (ours tertiary>>>tert temptation).

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My impression is ISFJ just because I understand ISFPs to have a certain vivaciousness that is less subdued and structured than their J counterparts. I think of Maria from the Sound of Music to be an ISFP being alone in nature and feeling great wonder, but getting in trouble for missing meals and being unstructured. Mr Rogers emits safety, harmlessness, and predictability. He is a safe and loving figure for children, and even Koko the gorilla idolized him and wanted to meet him. To me that seems more like Fe because it is about how he makes others feel, and not a lot of focus on his own feelings or passions.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

He really seems INFP to me, the little imaginary land and everything on top of his basic personality. INFP men sometimes have a certain "fragility" to them that ISFJs don't, IME. I think ISFJs are more likely to fit a more masculine stereotype despite their supposedly effeminate personality type. An INFP generally doesn't give a rat's ass about conforming to gender norms.

I can usually tell the diff between an INFP and an ISFJ male pretty easily (because I prefer ISFJ despite my own NF-ness). I could be wrong, though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I thought he was an ISFJ because he reminded me of an ISFJ friend who LOVED repetition. Doing or saying the same things over and over again every day and never getting tired of it is what struck me about Mister Rogers. Routine and repetition... and that's what he tried to provide for the children who watched his program. I think he was an ISFJ.
    You can learn to provide routine (which children usually crave) and repetition (rote learning has always been popular) for children by being educated. That doesn't make him an ISFJ. INFPs also have tert Si, btw.