• ESTJ

0 0%
  • INTJ

0 0%
  • ENTJ

0 0%
First 123 Last

heart on fire

I have since changed my mind, I say he is ISFP.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've made this analysis before, but my estimate is ENTP based on the structure and content of his work. He uses Ne to gather a diverse array of raw materials and Ti to synthesize these logically. There are some indications from his personal life to support it, but his music is not a direct expression of his emotional states in the way Schubert's was.

Our modern ears do not hear his music in the context of his time. What Mozart did that was revolutionary was to switch between styles almost measure by measure. He followed the Baroque period in which aesthetics were ruled by the "affections". There were generalized moods and each piece was written to uniformly express one affection through the choice of mode, motives, and overall styles. If you listen to the opening of the Jupiter symphony, you can hear Mozart switching from overture style, to singing style, to sturm und drang. This was shocking and disorienting to his listeners. My position is that this is an example of using Ne to gather a diverse array of musical impressions and then weave these together using the pristine logic of Ti. He also conceived of the work internally. He worked it out in his head before putting it down on paper. His music, possibly more than anyone's, can be analyzed and reduced to perfect fractal patterns using Schenkerian analysis. It is in many ways an abstraction of pure logic.

Those are the cliff notes on Mozart. The facts about Mozart's music are not my own devising. My references are from various texts, and I can look these up as needed. The application to MBTI is my own surmising.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

heart on fire

Would a Thinker say this: "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Would a Thinker say this: "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."
    hahaha I would pay good money to see that.*

My analysis is based primarily on his work. We may have one of those rare moments when a person can feel and think logically at the same time.

Actually, that is how I would define the art of composition - a person who can feel and think logically at the same time. It is highly structured sound designed to abstractly convey some aspect of the human experience by recreating some aspect of that experience.

*Disclaimer due to current F/T tensions - I don't mean it as a diss. just that it's unexpectedly dramatic.
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

My first thought when I read the topic, was: "Could he be anything but an ENFP?"
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    hahaha I would pay good money to see that.

My analysis is based primarily on his work. We may have one of those rare moments when a person can feel and think logically at the same time.
    They talked about this with Spielberg, that great artists and great men probably have developed their functions to higher degrees than other people do. Who knows?

But creativity doesn't seem to come to some in logical, intentional...Like sitting down and saying "Okay, create!"... it seems to come in sudden flashes, sometimes as whole pieces, in film strip fashion etc. Mozart spoke that his best work came to him quiet moments riding in carriages etc. Could have come to him from his unconscious mind?

i'm enfp, and i usually say this.

he could be ISFP though, but its wrong to think of him as isfp only because he was musician.

and above statement sounds more NF.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They talked about this with Spielberg, that great artists and great men probably have developed their functions to higher degrees than other people do. Who knows?

But creativity doesn't seem to come to some in logical, intentional...Like sitting down and saying "Okay, create!"... it seems to come in sudden flashes, sometimes as whole pieces, in film strip fashion etc. Mozart spoke that his best work came to him quiet moments riding in carriages etc. Could have come to him from his unconscious mind?
    Creativity does require the ability to access the unconscious mind. Even the fractal patterns I mention that are evident when analyzing his work likely never entered his conscious thought. Schenkerian Analysis was invented after Mozart had lived and died. Great art contains deep structure that extends beyond what a conscious mind is likely to process. In many ways, I think that is the heart of genius.

In order for deep structure to be present throughout the mind, it is necessary for years of logical thought and training to internalize patterns so deeply that they become second nature. Mozart's training like other great artists was rigorous on top of his natural talent.
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    I

Don't know, I never met the guy.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm not sure if he's N or S, though I typed him as ISFP. How the hell can anyone possibly think Mozart was a T, though?

"I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings."

Unless Mozart was lying, or there's some obscure scrap of possibility that I hardly feel like searching for right now, there's pretty much no way he could've possibly said that without being an Fi user.