• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bjork's type

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Connecting deeply and then shutting off, could she be the dreaded INFJ??

Could be, but I also think that's a sx/sp thing - that push-and-pull between connecting intensely and then withdrawing.

S

Stansmith

isfj SEI

ISFJ art is something else. Its as if you took an entp's art but made it super serious and jagged.

This seems to be the most accurate description for her. She doesn't seem to fit any MBTI archetype.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
I'm convinced of SEI/ISFJ typing. Very eccentric and creative Si. Does not bear world pain on her shoulders. This excludes EII/INFP. Loves technology. Made an interview where she opened TV set and even explored theory of CathodeRayTube. I'm sold. She really likes ENTPness. :wubbie:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fwiw I posted early in the thread years ago, and I think I was wrong. She could be an INFJ. I have also wondered ISFP which also uses Ni. There is definitely Ni in her work. She is more adept with sensory expression than the average INFJ with inferior-Se, which is why I wondered about ISFP. Ni is not about analysis like I thought before.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I havent listened to her music much, but she definitely seems like an INFJ

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Why INFJ over ISFJ?
I mean her music videos gives me a very strong indication of Si. Straight from Jung's description very multi-layered sensory stuff. I don't hear lot of timely Ni views either. Brings in some NT stuff instead of ST stuff in her speech. There are great commonalities between SFs and NTs as well as in case of NFs and STs.

yoliyoli

ISFJ camp! Let's see, Iceland is a very SJ country even though it may not seem like it. I see idols from there getting typed as SPs and NJs all the time despite that they are not like that at all. Yes, they're dreamy, but not that dreamy. You've got to remember Iceland is a country built on tradition, not fallacy or speculation. Everything they do is based off history. Parades. Sagas. Timeliness, you name it. Just because they're liberal doesn't mean they're not traditional. Si is retrofitting the past for future use. Ni is retrofitting the future for past use, and present use to some extent. That's why SJs are so creative. They know what works and they stick to it. They don't speculate. The more you stare at yourself in the mirror in the past, the more you'll notice. Iceland's just happens to have a colorfulness about it and a more liberalness to it because of their governmental system, which was pretty rockin' for the time. Notice how they've kept it all this time. If they were NJ inclined, they might have changed it to spice it up - because whatever. But they haven't, so that says something about their values and mores.

I'm saying this because Bjork's from there and a lot of Icelanders share the same values. They like community, but they also like independence. So if that had to be applied to a function, Si and Fe then. Both are community oriented. Si can be very independent when it wants to, especially since it's an introverted function - subjectiveness! And if you notice, even some of Jonsi's music is very past-oriented if very experimental sometimes. It all traces back to the Sagas and community orientation. That's just my two cents, though. (As an ISTJ, mind you.)

I think she's an INFP. Look at how she describes the inside of the TV in this old interview of her at around 1:15.

She sees her own world in the wirings of the TV and creates a story about it on the spot. It screams Ne to me. She also has that childlike, mystical quality that is seen in many INFPs. She's very experimental in her music, but does include traditional Icelandic elements to her music too. That can be tertiary Si that sticks to some traditional values, and auxiliary Ne that is branching out and experimenting with different styles that is shown throughout her musical career. Her song lyrics are very Fi, and she exudes feeling in her music through the raw emotion of her voice. I say she is INFP, but it can be anyone's guess.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I always sense strong Fi and strong Se in het music : so either ESFP or ISFP.
Intensely dislike most of her stuff. I like art when it's conceptual or premeditated. She seems to go with a flow, which in its own is admirable. Just rarely my taste.

yoliyoli

I do see the INFP but I'm also like, where's the Fe coming from? 'Cause I got that a lot from her song "Bachelorette." I do agree she kind of reminds me of Johnny Depp, which seemed to be assigned INFP for a long time but switched to some kind of SP for some reason? Which I agree with. Of course there's no way to know for sure but to be honest this TV segment always bored me. I had looked it up to find out what an Icelandic accent sounded like and they happened to have a recording of it, and I listened to it to be nice, and I was just really bored. It didn't sound intuitive or abstract at all. Just like she was taking apart a TV. Like my dad would do. I was like ?? What's the appeal? Like yes, you're sciencey but for what point...

I don't know.