INFJ

Björk is the typical artsy ISFP.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ

ISFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Fairly certain she is IFP, and I would guess she is INFP.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i see infj, i watched the charlie rose interview and i'm like, this is a female thom yorke! i get Fe explosions, not Fi implosions. we get so overcharged, sometimes. also way more Ni leaps than Ne, it doesn't have the same subjective reality/coherency or purport to, it's more about encoding thoughts than feelings one fragment at a time, scanning thru the possible connections for impact rather than subjective personal historical relationship and letting the thoughts be felt by big language and intensity of articulation on the outside working their way inward.

MBTI
    INFJ

Having been a fan of Björk for ages, I've always kind of "known" her to be an INFJ. With that I mean I haven't put any rational thought into it, it's just my first instinct. I'm not sure if she really is, but that's how I know her.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think she is ISFP. I just don't see any turmoil expressed over the world in her lyrics. INFPs seem to lament the world a lot more, as it is so far from their ideal. I just don't see that much idealism coming from her. Think of The Cure & The Jesus & Mary Chain - their lyrics are very INFP, and there's so much more discussion of how the things should be, but how they are not that way.

I also think many INFPs come off as more ornery in their public persona. ISFPs seem more gentle & sweet, like Bjork.

INFJs seem like old souls to me also, whereas IxFP seem stuck in childhood. Bjork definitely seems more childlike. ISFPs do use Ni, even if tertiary. They don't seem like typical sensors.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ISFPs seem more gentle & sweet, like Bjork.

INFJs seem like old souls to me also, whereas IxFP seem stuck in childhood. Bjork definitely seems more childlike. ISFPs do use Ni, even if tertiary. They don't seem like typical sensors.
    Yeah, now you say so, both INXP seem to want to or either do stay like children. I guess an INTP would too, by the way...

Although INFP stays a real possibility (in how she can act/pose/dress), on the terrain of ISFP vs INFJ, which in the case of Tori Amos probably falls towards INFJ, for Björk it falls to ISFP.

And the extraverted part may well be seen in view of Iceland's reported tendency towards extraversion as a difference from other Scandinavian countries (except maybe Denmark). It's a country of fled Norwegians (next to an admixture of Celts), and a young country, not unlike the United States (I mean, in this regard).
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah, strange, I still see Amos as an istj.

When I listen to Bjork speak, she skips around, not very logical at all. Sounds very passionate. I say infp. Charlie Rose probably just intimidated the hell out of her.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

First of all, Tori Amos seems ENFP to me. And you are off your rocker if you think she's ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think she is ISFP. I just don't see any turmoil expressed over the world in her lyrics. INFPs seem to lament the world a lot more, as it is so far from their ideal. I just don't see that much idealism coming from her. Think of The Cure & The Jesus & Mary Chain - their lyrics are very INFP, and there's so much more discussion of how the things should be, but how they are not that way.

I also think many INFPs come off as more ornery in their public persona. ISFPs seem more gentle & sweet, like Bjork.
    By this reasoning, Kate Bush (someone who I consider to be an almost indisputable INFP) is ISFP.

I would consider ISFP for Bjork, but it wouldn't be for any of the reasons you listed. It would instead be because of her extreme aesthetic focus (ever seen that interview of her about her home?) With her it seems like it's more the aesthetic first, words/concept second. And she seems less verbal.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast