User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Bjork's type

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I must admit I originally would guess that Bjork is INFP, but after reading this thread I lean more toward INFJ.
    May I ask why you think so? I always thought P too but after really watching interviews, reading her lyrics and so forth i really am leaning towards INFJ too. I'd just like to know why you think J. Not sure J is right but since I think I'm the only person who thinks so i'd like to hear why someone else might think it is so. Thanks.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    inxx
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    May I ask why you think so? I always thought P too but after really watching interviews, reading her lyrics and so forth i really am leaning towards INFJ too. I'd just like to know why you think J. Not sure J is right but since I think I'm the only person who thinks so i'd like to hear why someone else might think it is so. Thanks.
    I see a certain benefit to Bjork being INFJ. If she is in fact, then (sorry folks) but there is NO WAY Hitler is one too.

Silliness aside, because of the presence of Ni in her work she is closer than many other celebrities and leaders suggested on this site. I'm not sure i could call her a dead center, textbook version of one because her Fi and Se are particularly strong. Ti is stronger than Se for INFJs which means they are more logical/analytical than Sensory. I'm guessing she could be a borderline type. (INFJ Ni Fe Ti Se)
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I see a certain benefit to Bjork being INFJ. If she is in fact, then (sorry folks) but there is NO WAY Hitler is one too.

Silliness aside, because of the presence of Ni in her work she is closer than many other celebrities and leaders suggested on this site. I'm not sure i could call her a dead center, textbook version of one because her Fi and Se are particularly strong. I'm guessing she could be a borderline type.
    Okay, who brought up Hitler on this thread? I know I didn't.

Meanlittlechimp and I both settled on ENFP for the Fuehrer.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Well it's a tough call either way, but some of the song lyrics posted earlier on seem more INFJ such as those to "Violently Happy". INFJ's seem to have that sort of Violent/Harmless dicotomy inside them. Also I have a harder time imagining an INFP hauling off and hitting some reporter for asking her son a question, but I can see an INFJ doing it.

Other than little details like those, I'd type her as some sort of INF, but now I'm leaning toward INFJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    1w2

How are people able to tell INFJ lyrics from ENFJ lyrics? What if you're dealing with eNfj vs. a InFJ?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How are people able to tell INFJ lyrics from ENFJ lyrics? What if you're dealing with eNfj vs. a InFJ?
    Tonia did mention ENFJ at one point and I really considered that...only thing is I definately think she is more introverted. So unless she's an E leaning way towards I....I think I'm going with I. (also Bjork describes herself as introverted with times when she' extroverts but I definately think it tires her out and it's not something she does totally naturally.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Well I'm not saying I know Bjork well enough to get a strong read on her, but she doesn't really show up anywhere on my extravert radar. I'd narrowed her down to INFP/ISFP/INFJ since all three types can seem similar outwardly until you get to know them better. I originally thought of her more as INFP, but now I'm leaning more toward INFJ.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    infj

I'm just sceptical it's always possible to find a persons personality from analysing their art/entertainment and their public persona, in interviews etc, a private investigator might be necessary.

Psychopaths(for instance) can not only appear nice and sweet or frail and delicate, they can appear nicer and sweeter than any genuinely nice person and do it for longer, almost like a cartoon character. If they seem too good to be true and have hypnotised you, they probably are too good to be true.

A lot of Bjorks charm is that she is like a little girl, her voice, exhibitionism, hitting people, this points to immaturity which points to personality disorders*, I'd say a barage of them in her case.

I'm not saying she can't be a genius entertainer or make a great contribution to humanity through her art.

*"Emotional Vampires" by Al Bernstein

I think Artie had a run in with Bjork...

MBTI
    inxx
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by artie View Post
    A lot of Bjorks charm is that she is like a little girl, her voice, exhibitionism, hitting people, this points to immaturity which points to personality disorders*, I'd say a barage of them in her case.
    I'm curious what effects those precise qualities have on typing her? To what extent are those qualities being assumed to fit easily in with INFJ? I would have to suggest they have no particular relationship at all.

Whatever Bjork's type, I see strong use of (not in any particular order) Se, Fi, Fe, Ni, and possibly Ne. i would venture to suggest her type is one in which Ti/Te is the last function. She doesn't exhibit or speak to logic, analysis, or structured thinking. Her presentation seems to be a strong mixture of Feeling, iNtuition, and Sensing. She is clearly either a Sensor with highly developed iNtuition or an iNtuitor with highly developed Sensing. These two qualities run in such close tandem in the presentation of her work, the best way to determine which is dominant is to compare earlier and later work. According to personality theory we tend to develop our strongest functions first. Was her early work presenting with less Sensory or less iNtuitive qualities? Which has become noticeably more refined? Which quality has developed into her later life. This close interplay of the two is why i think she is likely a Feeling dominant. Those personalities have S and N as the next two functions with T as the last. This seems so strongly consistent with her presentation. That is why i just can't quite buy the INFJ line hook and sinker.

If you notice that even me as an INFJ naturally applies a noticeable degree of analysis and logic to this discussion whereas the feeling dominant iNtuitives are more comfortable responding based solely on instinct and personal impression. I see Bjork as much more closely aligned with this second group. This is what people miss when they make assumptions about INFJs - we look ALOT like INTJs. We are as close to them as INFPs are to ISFPs. If a person looks absolutely nothing like an INTJ in their thought processes, the chances of them being an INFJ are lessened.

Typing people based only on the dominant and secondary functions leads to false conclusions. Tertiary and last functions can be very strong in people's personality. This is an important consideration if one cares to reach a reasoned conclusions about analyzing anyone's personality.

On a curious note: how many INFJs here find that they naturally resonate with Bjork as an inner ideal? She is interesting, but kinda alien to me personally. How do others feel? Also, how many feeling dominates readily identify with her expression?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.