• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Taken (The Movie)

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So I just got back from the Movie Taken , and would like to say it is an amazing movie. It just recently came out in theaters, so probably not a lot of you have seen it..here's a trailer that gives a pretty good rundown of it:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg"][/YOUTUBE]
YouTube - [Official] Taken - Trailer 2 [ HD TRAILER] [30 January 2009]

After seeing this I, I pretty easily typed the main character as an INFJ, and my dad didn't agree- he claims that he was an INTJ.
What do you think?

Why F?
I think he is an F because of his willingness to do whatever it takes to get to his daughter. In all, he killed nearly 20 people, most were shot, one was electricuted, and others were simply beaten. He risked his whole life and more to get to his daughter before she was sold off into underground foreign prostitution businesses, and didn't give up. In general, to anyone who has trouble distinguishing T's vs. F's, I think, must see this video, for it gives a perfect and real definition.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Taken, haha. Nice. The movie was... interesting.

The main guy is some kind of INJ.

His daughter is probably an SFP, along with her friend (hee hee).

The mother was a J, along with her new husband, an EJ.

That's what I got, at least.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I'd say he's an F, too.

The characters in the movie were all fairly one-dimensional and cartoonish, so they'll either be really simple to type or really hard to type. I liked the action sequences, but the rest of the movie felt underbaked. And the daughter was written like she was 12 and not 17.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
F or T, can't truly tell because I don't know.

But he's forever harping on consequences of action, yeah? Planning and dictating. He responds to new things by describing results and incorporating horrible practical realities. One particularly resonant line:

"Now, the next part is very important... they're going to take you."

Plus, of course, this one:

"I will find you. And I will kill you."

Fi conviction making an instant commitment to planned action that utilises all available resources?

Plus, he doesn't seem to understand people very well.

But overall I have the feeling I'm wrong, so, frankly, how would you tell the difference between INFJ and INTJ on this one?

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
So I just got back from the Movie Taken , and would like to say it is an amazing movie. It just recently came out in theaters, so probably not a lot of you have seen it..here's a trailer that gives a pretty good rundown of it:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvUxdQ4q-Lg"][/YOUTUBE]
YouTube - [Official] Taken - Trailer 2 [ HD TRAILER] [30 January 2009]

After seeing this I, I pretty easily typed the main character as an INFJ, and my dad didn't agree- he claims that he was an INTJ.
What do you think?

Why F?
I think he is an F because of his willingness to do whatever it takes to get to his daughter. In all, he killed nearly 20 people, most were shot, one was electricuted, and others were simply beaten. He risked his whole life and more to get to his daughter before she was sold off into underground foreign prostitution businesses, and didn't give up. In general, to anyone who has trouble distinguishing T's vs. F's, I think, must see this video, for it gives a perfect and real definition.

WHAT THE FUCK, man!

How is that guy INFJ ?!?!?

He is a classic ISTJ. Overbearing, duty to country comes first (story of his life, before becoming disillusioned), pessimist (assumes worst case scenarios).

Even his spy friends referred to him as "Mr attention to detail". That's pretty much sums up an ISTJ cop/soldier/spy - "attention to detail"

Seriously, man, INFJ???

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
WHAT THE FUCK, man!

How is that guy INFJ ?!?!?

He is a classic ISTJ. Overbearing, duty to country comes first (story of his life, before becoming disillusioned), pessimist (assumes worst case scenarios).

Even his spy friends referred to him as "Mr attention to detail". That's pretty much sums up an ISTJ cop/soldier/spy - "attention to detail"

Seriously, man, INFJ???

I see where you're coming from, and I am undestand ISTJ, but it goes way beyong that- it's not simply the way he is referred to and what he does or did as a job, but the character he is on the inside. It was hard to type him, Introverted no doubt, and Judging as he was very planned out. I'm thinking Intuitive because of his ableness to stay cool when things got shady and hectic- he had a well devised plan, plotted it out, was ready, and put it into action as an NJ would have done. His whole character was based around his Feeling attribute- he didn't care that he had commited no less than 30 offenses, and killed nearly a dozen people- and it was all for his daughter. First of all, not something I can see an ISTJ doing, really..and secondly, he stopped thinking and got in touch with his feelings and did what he needed to do. Not once did he question any of it, or wonder whether what he was doing was unlogical or unpracticle. I'm thinking an SJ would have contacted the authorities and executed his plans in safe, logical, fair, and legal ways. But no, he easily broke any laws that stood in his way and killed at random to get to his goal.

You can think ISTJ, I'm not saying it's completely wrong, but my standpoint is INFJ, and I am very assure because I can see myself doing the exact same thing that he did- I'd kill anyone- friends, aquantences, or civilians if it was for my loved child. I can relate to his character so strongly that I am very strong towards his INFJ, probably more sure than other things. People may see him as an INTJ- he was a plotter and his great schemes always seemed to go out as planned, but the F was the motivator of every decision he made throughout the whole movie.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
F or T, can't truly tell because I don't know.

But he's forever harping on consequences of action, yeah? Planning and dictating. He responds to new things by describing results and incorporating horrible practical realities. One particularly resonant line:

"Now, the next part is very important... they're going to take you."

Plus, of course, this one:

"I will find you. And I will kill you."

Fi conviction making an instant commitment to planned action that utilises all available resources?

Plus, he doesn't seem to understand people very well.

But overall I have the feeling I'm wrong, so, frankly, how would you tell the difference between INFJ and INTJ on this one?

Every plan he plotted and carried out was based off of his soul desire to get back his daughter and he would have done any human thing to do it- even if it ment death in the end, which I'm sure he would have risked. I think it's slightly different than an INTJ.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm thinking Intuitive because of his ableness to stay cool when things got shady and hectic

How is that an iNtuitive quality?

His whole character was based around his Feeling attribute- he didn't care that he had commited no less than 30 offenses, and killed nearly a dozen people- and it was all for his daughter. First of all, not something I can see an ISTJ doing, really..

He was being an extremely overprotective ISTJ father. Kind of like a farmer with a shotgun who chases after a boy who took his daughter's virginity.

and secondly, he stopped thinking and got in touch with his feelings and did what he needed to do.

He was extremely Thinking when the kidnapping events unfolded - he wasn't giving his daughter emotional support. He was giving her a list of things to do to help the investigation.

Then he went over to his ex-wife's family and continued doing everything by the numbers, practically being oblivious to her feelings.

Not once did he question any of it, or wonder whether what he was doing was unlogical or unpracticle. I'm thinking an SJ would have contacted the authorities and executed his plans in safe, logical, fair, and legal ways. But no, he easily broke any laws that stood in his way and killed at random to get to his goal.

Why would he "contact authorities"? He WAS the authority. He was a top man when it came international "incidents". Saying that he would have went to authority simply because he was SJ is a very crude application of MBTI.

Here, I'll break it all down for you

"Logical" - He approach was very methodical, organized and by the numbers
"Fair" - As far as he was concerned, everyone got what was coming to them.
"Safe and Legal ways" - He was a disillusion spy who did plenty of illegal things on government's bidding while watching his friends die (explained in the begging of the movie). Do you really think he gave two shits about "safe and legal way" when his daughter's life was at stake?

You can think ISTJ, I'm not saying it's completely wrong, but my standpoint is INFJ, and I am very assure because I can see myself doing the exact same thing that he did- I'd kill anyone- friends, aquantences, or civilians if it was for my loved child. I can relate to his character so strongly that I am very strong towards his INFJ, probably more sure than other things. People may see him as an INTJ- he was a plotter and his great schemes always seemed to go out as planned, but the F was the motivator of every decision he made throughout the whole movie.

Any parent wants to kill a person harming their child. That's not the point. I'm sure most people in the audience related to the character's plight.