User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 124

  1. #1
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default DN's Director Type List

    This is where I'll be compiling the types of directors. If anyone wants to add to the list, I would be very grateful.



    INFP
    Peter Jackson
    Tim Burton
    George Lucas
    Terry Gilliam
    Sofia Coppola
    Ingmar Bergman
    Cameron Crowe
    Sam Raimi
    Robert Altman
    David Lynch

    INTP
    Christopher Nolan
    Ridley Scott
    Paul Verhoeven
    Paul Thomas Anderson
    Bryan Singer
    Richard Kelly
    George A. Romero
    Charlie Kaufman
    Paul Greengrass
    Woody Allen

    ENFP
    Baz Luhrmann
    Oliver Stone
    Micheal Moore
    Stephen Spielberg
    Brett Ratner
    John Landis

    ENTP
    Quentin Tarantino
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Billy Wilder
    Francis Ford Coppola
    Michel Gondry

    INTJ
    Stanley Kubrick
    Joel Coen
    Sergio Leone
    Fernando Meirelles

    ISTP
    Clint Eastwood
    David Fincher
    John Carpenter
    Don Siegel

    INFJ
    Roman Polanski
    Guillermo del Toro
    Frank Capra
    Andrei Tarkovsky

    ESTJ
    Orson Welles
    John Milius

    ISFJ
    Chris Colombus
    Andy Warhol

    ESTP
    Robert Rodriguez

    ISTJ
    John Ford

    ENFJ
    Werner Herzog

    ENTJ
    James Cameron

    ESFJ


    ESFP


    ISFP


    Undecided
    Danny Boyle: xNFP
    Ethan Coen: INxP
    Micheal Bay: ExTJ
    M. Night Shyamalan: INFx
    Rob Zombie: xSTP
    Tony Scott: ISxP
    Howard Hughes: xNTJ
    Darren Aronofsky: INxJ
    Sam Mendes: IxxP

    Last edited by dynamiteninja; 02-20-2009 at 04:12 AM.
    4w5 sp

  2. #2
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Well I think thats the biggies, bar Scorcese (a Feeler), Ridley Scott (who I really don't care for). the Wachowskis (NTs?), the Coen brothers (also NTs?) and Francis Ford Coppola (another Feeler).
    4w5 sp

  3. #3
    Senior Member Killjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Isn't Lynch an INTx?

    And Scorsese is probably an IxxP. I've also seen Spielberg listed as ISFP.

    And for the Coens:

    Joel: INTJ

    Ethan: INXP

  4. #4
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Isn't Lynch an INTx?

    And Scorsese is probably an IxxP. I've also seen Spielberg listed as ISFP.

    And for the Coens:

    Joel: INTJ

    Ethan: INXP
    I think that Lynch was typed as INFP here.

    There was a whole argument about how Spielberg wasn't an ISFP somewhere on this forum also.

    Thanks for the rest though. Will add.
    4w5 sp

  5. #5
    Senior Member Killjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Lynch seems Ni dominant to me...

    Now, Ingmar Bergman is an INFP.

    How about Tarkovsky? INFx?

  6. #6
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Chris Columbus: ISFJ

    Rob Zombie: ISTP

    Michael Bay may be an ExTJ.

    Martin Scorsese is an INFJ, in my opinion.

    And Spielberg has the mannerisms of an NF, and I've also done research on the guy. He really seems to be an ENFP. (Keirsey types him as ISFP, and he also types Woody Allen as an ISTP, which I don't understand, either.)

  7. #7
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Chris Columbus: ISFJ

    Rob Zombie: ISTP

    Michael Bay may be an ExTJ.

    Martin Scorsese is an INFJ, in my opinion.

    And Spielberg has the mannerisms of an NF, and I've also done research on the guy. He really seems to be an ENFP. (Keirsey types him as ISFP, and he also types Woody Allen as an ISTP, which I don't understand, either.)
    Rob Zombie not ESTP?

    And perhaps reasonings on the other types?

    Will add Chris Colombus, Micheal Bay and change Scorsese.
    4w5 sp

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Rob Zombie not ESTP?

    And perhaps reasonings on the other types?

    Will add Chris Colombus, Micheal Bay and change Scorsese.
    I could see ESTP for Zombie, as well.

    Michael Bay is said to be somewhat like James Cameron in the way he works (an obsessive control freak). I could've said ESTP because the kind of movies he makes appeals to that sort of crowd, but I think that's only the tip of the iceberg. Although I think ENTJ is more likely than ESTJ.

    I also think M. Night Shyamalan may be an INFx.

  9. #9
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I could see ESTP for Zombie, as well.

    Michael Bay is said to be somewhat like James Cameron in the way he works (an obsessive control freak). I could've said ESTP because the kind of movies he makes appeals to that sort of crowd, but I think that's only the tip of the iceberg. Although I think ENTJ is more likely than ESTJ.

    I also think M. Night Shyamalan may be an INFx.
    I agree on Shyamalan. (ADDS)
    4w5 sp

  10. #10
    Member jungie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Gondry - xNTP?
    How about Cronenberg? xxxP?

Similar Threads

  1. DN's Celebrity Type List (Merged)
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 543
    Last Post: 08-16-2017, 06:58 PM
  2. DN's Author Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  3. DN's Author Type List III
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  4. DN's Celebrity Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
  5. DN's Author Type List II
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO