• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bob Marley

KDude

Yes, I know what you mean.. I started noticing it after checking his conversations on youtube. I tried pointing this out about enfps before awhile back in another thread actually, but yeah, there's a distant "look" sometimes that you guys get when you're in musing mode. Heh.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IxFP, i always think of him as an introvert.

Found this oldschool documentary, it's full of wtf, outdated biased and pretty inaccurate in parts. But still it's interesting.

S

Stansmith

His presence is so SeNi-ish, I can't relate to it at all. Definitely an ISFP. Not all ENFPs are Robin Williams-esque, but his demeanor is too virile, "zen", earthy and messiah-esque to be Ne-dominant.

S

Stansmith

Tupac (ENFJ) is another SeNi user that's commonly mistyped as ENFP. Contrary to popular belief, most male ENFPs act more like a lighter version of an ENTP, and less like a reincarnation of Jesus or Ghandi.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tupac (ENFJ) is another SeNi user that's commonly mistyped as ENFP. Contrary to popular belief, most male ENFPs are more Dave Chappelle-esque and less Ghandi/Jesus-esque.

dave chappelle is an infp tho yeah? i know whatcha mean tho i think he's an isfp too

S

Stansmith

I can't see anything but infp for him but who the hell knows

lol idk, his subject matter feels kind of off-beat for an INFP. I'd imagine an INFP stand up comedian having more Demitri Martin or Mitch Hedberg-esque material and less "have you ever walked into a barbershop and _______?" bits. His humor is primarily Ne backed by Fi and Te.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dave Chappelle is pretty clearly E. ENFP seems likely. I would consider INFP and ISFP highly unlikely.

As for Bob Marley, one of the differences between ISFP and INFP is that ISFPs (Fi/Se) tend to be more into physical, sensory art and musicianship - ex. Miles Davis, Prince, Hendrix. INFPs are more oriented towards art with a purpose that relates to social change and helping people. ex - Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bob Marley.

S

Stansmith

INFP actually makes sense, although I'm still leaning towards ISFP. His social activism doesn't really suggest Ne or Se.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The N/S between IFP types results in a different temperament. That's a good lens to look at it from when typing between ISFP and INFP. SP artists are more sensory oriented and NF artists are more people oriented.

S

Stansmith

The N/S between IFP types results in a different temperament. That's a good lens to look at it from when typing between ISFP and INFP. SP artists are more sensory oriented and NF artists are more people oriented.

That's a bit of a reach. Most people, including INFPs, are gonna make art to express themselves, not out of a grandiose desire to change the world. I doubt a 16 year old INFP is sitting in his room like "wow, I'm gonna make music that brings about world peace", they'll probably have the same narcissistic approach to art as ISFPs, just in a more abstract way.

Making music for a greater humanitarian purpose isn't specific to any type or temperament, it's a matter of preference, and what Bob Marley does is no different from an ESFJ making a Christian Rock album. If anything, it's a feeler thing.

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it's a reach at all. The temperaments are a fundamental aspect of typing in my opinion and there's a strong difference between NF and SP.

From Keirsey.com:

As Abstract Cooperators, Idealists (NF) speak mostly of what they hope for and imagine might be possible for people, and they want to act in good conscience, always trying to reach their goals without compromising their personal code of ethics.

As Concrete Utilitarians, Artisans (SP) speak mostly about what they see right in front of them, about what they can get their hands on, and they will do whatever works, whatever gives them a quick, effective payoff, even if they have to bend the rules.

NF musicians:

Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Roger Waters
Joni Mitchell
Sixto Rodriguez
Ben Harper
Bono
Peter Gabriel

SP musicians:

David Lee Roth
Axl Rose
Jimi Hendrix
David Bowie
Beyonce
Britney Spears
Justin Beiber
Madonna

And an ESFJ making a Christian Rap Album is definitely different. ESFJs are not wired to change the world. INFPs are. Quite a big difference if you ask me.

As Concrete Cooperators, Guardians (SJ) speak mostly of their duties and responsibilities, of what they can keep an eye on and take good care of, and they're careful to obey the laws, follow the rules, and respect the rights of others.