• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bob Marley

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My first thought was that this was Scrooge's former partner from "A Christmas Carol," (the one who told Scrooge about wearing the chains he made in life and that he would be visited by spirits) but then I remembered it was Jacob Marley and Bob Cratchit. :doh:

This is apparently someone completely different who I don't know.

From what I can tell in the entry, though... ENFx?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I don't know much about the guy, but from what I've heard of his songs, it seems like he's an ENFx.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Happy birthday, Bob.

Rest in peace.

KDude

Funny, in light of Hermes' thread elsewhere.

I think he had simpler, down to earth interests compared to many ENFPs. He even liked football more than music, suprisingly.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-zzVfyTuZg].[/youtube]

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
For a long time there, I loved basketball more than music. So I can see that for an ENFP

KDude

Maybe you're a sensor then ;)

Seriously though, I don't think he's the easiest person to type.. Plus, he's a high a lot in interviews.. and that just gives him an air of the chill E9 ISFP too. All in all though, he seemed like a more down to earth sort of man. To me anyways. His expansiveness (One Love) is more of a healthy Fi thing, rather than SP or NF, I think.

Just because.. My favorite tune of his. :cool:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIoeuWizSoo]Johnny Was[/youtube]

G

Ginkgo

For a long time there, I loved basketball more than music. So I can see that for an ENFP

Being an ENFP does not necessitate loving basketball or music. That's just your personal preference as an individual.

KDude

The point I'm only making is that it's an odd impression to leave on one's closest friends if he was ENFP. The SP artist is generally the one that'll have more tactile or athletic interests on the side and may swing either way. NFs revolve around conceptual and idealistic interests, and swing on that scale.

If I'm over-simplifying it, sorry. It's worth a mention at least, since it was a significant part of his life.

KDude

Whatever floats your boat. ENFPs are oddly similar in some ways. Next time though, don't bother asking people to explain themselves and get them to participate, if you yourself are going to be short. :cool:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I haven't a clue myself, I only can go from my own experience.

All I can draw from is who I've noted are ISFPs. Often they are artist. The high that bob Marley often has gives off a very chill, easy-going vibe. His behavior, his gesture, even his eyes, note for something FP - most definately, but what are those other two letters?

The trouble I'm having is what is the difference between an S and an N visually? What can be withdrawn from his interactions. Even in his history there must be some action that says "Oh, only an S would do that..." or an "S would think that."

However, I think we are all very familiar with his writings/lyrics/songs and ultimately there is something very E about that. And I'd reckon there isn't anything to be said about him being an ESFP - that is just too far fetch. When I think ESFP, I think Magic Johnson - and no matter how cool Magic gets, he'll never strike that cord with me that Bob Marley does.

So, I reckon he has gotta be a ENFP...right?

Well, here is the trouble. ISFPs are often listed with such great names as Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, and my favorite Andre 3000. These are guys that unbeknowest to me, shy from the spotlight when the stage isn't there. Bob Marley never came across as someone affected by the spotlight, and seemed to be putting on a masquerade (not a fascade) or an exaggeration of himself when he hit the stage. There was little flamboyant about him, i.e Jimi Hendrix's way of dressing, or Andre 3000's extravegent sets.

So I'm leaning ENFP, but I can definately see how he could come across as ISFP - especially in his interviews. Really, I just want someone to prove me wrong so I can say "There we go...We lost another one."

KDude

Cool post. One other thing I'll add is that ISFPs don't generally muse at length about things. Some ENFPs have that way of firing off their thoughts..not sure how to explain it, but Bob seemed to do it quite a bit.

I'll just agree that he's ENFP.. Training with Pele is Se though ;D

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFPs and ISFPs do seem somewhat similar to each other, ENFPs are said to be the most introverted extroverts and ISFPs are said to be one of the most social-oriented introverts. Any how, I think Bob Marley could be an ENFP or even INFP, thing is, is he more Ne or Se? Fi seems pretty clear with him to me.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I lean a lot more to Ne, simply because of those twitches he does in his interviews. While he muses, he does these intuitive head spins and his hand gestures seem to do a lot more spacial expressing. I dont know if that is too abstract, or weird to say...but maybe thats what I'm getting across. Something about him seem's very me-ish. So much about him in conversation, even while he is laid back, is expressed. Not just his face, or where he is looking, but why he is looking that direction.

And I dont want to read too much into it, but that is what I see. So much of his stares are off into space, and rarely at the floor. That could be accredit to his individuality, but from what I know of Bob Marley, the guy is tough. To be so dreamy in conversation, whether high or not, just seems rather Ne-ish. Its like he pauses, not for his thoughts, but to keep himself from rambling.

What makes you think Se? I think I could see that. Especially in his lyrics. So much is earthy about what he brings up, from three little birds, to allusions to lions.