Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Okey dokey. Thanks for the icon comment; although it tends to make people think that I'm female, it serves to make my sometimes harsh criticisms seem less potent
    I feel that way about my kitten icon sometimes. It's like "oh I'm being mean and nasty and look at this cute little kitten who is mouthing you off!"

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I feel that way about my kitten icon sometimes. It's like "oh I'm being mean and nasty and look at this cute little kitten who is mouthing you off!"
    And the fact is, they're both very cute
    4w5 sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    And the fact is, they're both very cute

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don DeLillo? YouTube - Don DeLillo & John Humphrys

No idea. INFJ?
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I agree with you on many of these, but here's a few I'd like to debate:

I think you are spot on about F. Scott Fitzgerald being an SP, but I think he was an ISFP because he was sooooo romantic, particularly obsessed with his wife Zelda, and while he went to many parties, there was something very "inner life" about Fitzgerald - he and Zelda lived in their own little world. He could possibly be ISTP, but I don't think he was an E, despite his fame.
    I agree. Fitzgerald always seemed introverted to me as well - But then again, so does Hemingway. I always saw them (especially in Hemingway's case) as compensating for a naturally inward nature because it wasn't considered "masculine". Perhaps I'm understimating the depth of the ESTP.

I'll add some new writers:

Nikolai Gogol - INTJ.
    I had initially thought INTP, but I see similarities between him and Dostoevsky (INFJ), Though unlike Dostoevsky, Gogol populates his world with fairly one dimensional characters, and by the biographical information that's been provided online, I'm going with INTJ.

Robert Musil - INTX.
    I've only read Five Women and an essay by Coetzee, but I'm certain he's an NT. Perhaps someone who has read Man Without Qualities can lend a hand.

Robert Walser and Knut Hamsun were most likely INTPs (though Hamsun could have been an INFJ).

I think Thomas Bernhard was either an INTJ or a disgruntled INFP

John Berryman - Probably INFP.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Lifted from my SP author thread. Any comments? Irving certainly could be ISFP, and I've always been 50:50 on Byron being ESTP/ENTP. Wordsworth too perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I'm fairly confident that John Irving is ISFP. You have him as ISFJ, but his bio marks him as an SP. He had some trouble in school and conventional learning was difficult for him, but he became interested in wrestling, and gained confidence that way. And he really appreciates the craft of writing. You might think he's SJ because he starts with the last sentence. But that's more of a technique, I think.

William Wordsworth is definitely ISFP as well. C'mon, he's the original "nature boy"! He was also well known for his skill in landscape/garden design, which is a very ISFP interest. Many of his quotes are filled with concrete terms, and The Prelude reads like an ISFP memoir. Oh, and check the first stanza of Michael.

I think Mr. "Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know" Lord Bryon was ESTP. I'm not as sure about that one. The heroic adventures seem SP, the eccentricity less so.

I'd add Colin MacInnes ("Absolute Beginners") to ISFP. The one biography I found paints him that way, and the book is full of imagery, slang, and street life. Ed Vulliamy on writer Colin MacInnes | UK news | The Observer

There's not many SP writers, really. We've probably found most of them. Nice idea for a thread.
    4w5 sp

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    Nikolai Gogol - INTJ.
    I had initially thought INTP, but I see similarities between him and Dostoevsky (INFJ), Though unlike Dostoevsky, Gogol populates his world with fairly one dimensional characters, and by the biographical information that's been provided online, I'm going with INTJ.

Robert Musil - INTX.
    I've only read Five Women and an essay by Coetzee, but I'm certain he's an NT. Perhaps someone who has read Man Without Qualities can lend a hand.

Robert Walser and Knut Hamsun were most likely INTPs (though Hamsun could have been an INFJ).

I think Thomas Bernhard was either an INTJ or a disgruntled INFP

John Berryman - Probably INFP.
    i've been meaning to read some of musil's work soon. one of my favorite writers, milan kundera, thinks very very highly of him. he frequently mentions musil and gombrowicz as very influential writers for him and for the course of the european novel (according to his version of its historical narrative) in general.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

How about Bukowski? (ESFP?)

Dorothy Parker? (ISFP?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

malcolm lowry?
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INFJ

I just had to post on this out-of-date thread because so many of the authors' assigned types struck me as off.
    While I do agree wholeheartedly with the typing of George Eliot as INFJ and E. M. Forster as INFP (among others) there are more doubtful typings in this list than there are correct ones.

• Reading Paradise Lost alongside his prose writings, it is evident Milton is INTJ.
    • Jane Austen bases all of her novels on emotions and psychology. She is a Feeling type.
    • There are very few Extrovert writers as it is such a solitary profession. Ray Bradbury, for example, was an introvert.
    • Wordsworth was Intuitive.
    • Easton Ellis, Orwell and Ginsberg all strike me as Thinking.

I could go on, but I'm beginning to rant. I'm sorry, OP, if you are still active on here, as I've argued with something you've probably worked hard on. I get emotionally attached to my favourite authors so am hurt when I believe others misunderstand them. I don't mean to cut down what may have taken effort for you, and admire your dedication.