• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Che Guevara

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I've never seen this one discussed before.

I think he was an ENFP.

- He was very linguistically gifted
- Very idealistic, though not very resilient in following through
- Brought a bunch of idiosyncratic ideas to many different jobs
- He seemed to function via personal indignation and/or "championing" of Latin Americans
- He had this charismatic presence a la Bill Clinton
- He was notoriously inconsistant in his principles a la Bill Clinton

and so on...

Comments welcome :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmm I don't know much about the guy but I'd say ENFP seems likely.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Charisma, yes.

Extrovert. Perhaps.

Thinker - not sure. Definitely in tune with the people's wants and needs. Perhaps Fe?

Not sure about the P/J.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
437gz6.jpg

Sorry, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Uhm, as far as the topic goes.. I think ENFP works. I don't think a revolutionary like him can really be a J. He was too open-ended.

Mole

Permabanned

I think he was an ENFP.

- He seemed to function via personal indignation and/or "championing" of Latin Americans

and so on...

He was a psychopathic killer.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Totally baseless and unscientific.
but i'd say ENFJ.
I mean, the way and the reason why he got into the whole revolution thing.
And that 'everybody gotta be happy' general theme.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ernesto "Che" Guevara type?

I searched for Che Guevara but couldn't find any threads specifically on this topic...more just offhand references to him in unrelated threads.

I'm going to go with INTJ; what do you all think?

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
It doesn't look like Se was his inferior.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't look like Se was his inferior.

Well, maybe he was good at Se-related tasks because he conceptualized them as abstract theories. He did publish work on the theory of guerilla warfare, but...fair point you've got. Maybe he was ENTJ?

What do you think?

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I always thought he was some sort of NF, he was far too emotional to be an NT.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So... I'm going to be the first guy to say he's ST?

For all you that say he's an NF, I think you're mistaking personification for type.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think he was an ENFP.

and so on...

Bill Clinton is an ESFP

Guevarra? Pffff... :dry: Who cares? ISFP maybe..

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've read a lot about him, and he does definitely not come across as a Perceiver. My vote is on ENxJ.
His logic and tendencies towards emotional decisions were about equal, so i'll make that an X.
At least in my head. I'm not saying F's can't kill people, but he definitely valued justice higher than mercy. Nothing wrong about that. But a clear NF would maybe have pardoned a few more of the old fascist pigs officials.

As I said, he surely can't have been much of a Perceiver. Sure, he was adventurous and shit. But he was really a doer, with a ton of willpower and drive. He had struggled with asthma during his entire life, and even had attacks during the revolution. Didn't really stop him for long! He was also a workaholic, and not at all a laid back kind of person. An NF would have been more of a romantic, or at least caring for his family, Che basically ignored them. He quite literally spent all his waking time writing or working for the revolutionary movement.

Besides, it's Guevara. Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna.

/the current Comandante en Jefe

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You think he was revolting from boredom? C'mon...

No. The fact that you would respond that way merely from me saying Che is ST means you seriously need to go back to the books.

I've read a lot about him, and he does definitely not come across as a Perceiver. My vote is on ENxJ.
His logic and tendencies towards emotional decisions were about equal, so i'll make that an X.
At least in my head. I'm not saying F's can't kill people, but he definitely valued justice higher than mercy. Nothing wrong about that. But a clear NF would maybe have pardoned a few more of the old fascist pigs officials.

As I said, he surely can't have been much of a Perceiver. Sure, he was adventurous and shit. But he was really a doer, with a ton of willpower and drive. He had struggled with asthma during his entire life, and even had attacks during the revolution. Didn't really stop him for long! He was also a workaholic, and not at all a laid back kind of person. An NF would have been more of a romantic, or at least caring for his family, Che basically ignored them. He quite literally spent all his waking time writing or working for the revolutionary movement.

A "doer" as opposed to what? A thinker? An observer? A commander? A doer as oppsed to any one of those things would be well suited for most EPs, as well as ISTPs (just maybe ISFPs, though I doubt Che was ISFP).

Those who use Judging functions first tend to be more deliberate and paced than those who use Perceiving functions first, espeically comparing the Extraverts. EPs are the most impulsive of all, while EJs are not only deliberate, they are more bound perameters than IPs are. That being said, IPs are for their own reasons the most deliberate of all (remember, they use Ji first... not Pi).

It is this "doer" behavior of Che that is one of the reasons I figure he is a Perceiver, actually. He was extremely experiential. Everything was an ongoing process, and unmeasured endurace test for him. I'm not saying all Ps are like that (not even close) but it's a lot weirder for a non-P to be like that.

Indeed, he is likely not a Feeler. He was terribly impersonal, and emotionally distancing. That he supposedly fought for an "idealistic" cause says nothing about his type. We all struggle for causes, and the very concept of a cause itself or how people are connected to them is extremely vague and interpretive.

The way he went about the cause is more important. He had a knack for the military way of doing things, but he was no great communicator, and not a sociologist. Part of his downfall came from not being good at gauging the minds of the people, or knowing how to persuade them. His approach was practical and tactical, and he took things one step at a time, not attached to the past, not planning for the future. He was in the moment.

So, being impersonal and unsentimental, and indeed, more inclined toward justice than mercy, he seems like a T. Being his focus was local, present, linear, concrete, and direct, he seems more like an S than an N (it's worth noting that Castro was probably a major Inuititve influence in his life). But being an ST, was he an STJ? Absolutely not. This man is not a man of strict guidelines, of familiar establishments, or familar facts. He was someone always throwing himself onto new experiences, hands on, with ad hoc approaches (he did literally write the book on Geurilla warfare). He was an STP.

So E or I? I'm really not sure. At the moment, I'm inclined to think ISTP, but I'm not elaborating right now because it feels too shakey to me.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
He was a psychopathic killer.

and also a coward. or he wouldn't feel the need for so much backup generated through manipulation. Not even gonna guess so to not insult anyone with a similar prefrences. crazy hoarse, however, may be a (E) No Doubt (N) (F) (j). So enfjs got my respect.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd like to respond now to the very original post.

I think he was an ENFP.

Nothing to do with being ENFP.

- Very idealistic, though not very resilient in following through.

He was passionate, that's for sure. However, I wouldn't take his overly simplified release of his passion as a sign of some NF type idealism. I largely think Castro guided Che into turning his mere passion and resentment into a piece of a greater ideal. Even then, fighting for it, Che still took an incredibly straight-forward, mechanical apporach to a messianic mission. He did not play the idealist's rule in the ideal.

As for lack of following through, if you say that, 6 types come to my mind. ENFP isn't good enough.

That basically makes him a human being. It is the exceptional ones that don't do that, regardless of type.

I'm not quite sure what functioning via indignation really means.
If it's about the drive of his resentment, then again, that doesn't take an NF.

Also, don't pidgeon-hole him. Angolans aren't Latin Americans.

Lots of charismatic types, hardly just ENFP. Especially since their are different kinds of charisma. I kind tell you that Che didn't "connect" with people, a la Bill Clinton. That being said, don't base one person's type off of another person's type. Do you even know that Clinton is ENFP.

Again, lots of people do that. Look at the reason, not the mere act itself. I don't think his inconsistency, if you can even call it that, comes from the fact that he set himself a simple (though admittedly large) objective, and did whatever seemed like good option for working toward it at the time.