Thread: Che Guevara

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Bufo View Post
    It doesn't look like Se was his inferior.
    Well, maybe he was good at Se-related tasks because he conceptualized them as abstract theories. He did publish work on the theory of guerilla warfare, but...fair point you've got. Maybe he was ENTJ?

What do you think?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

I always thought he was some sort of NF, he was far too emotional to be an NT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Enneagram
    1w2

Threads merged.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

So... I'm going to be the first guy to say he's ST?

For all you that say he's an NF, I think you're mistaking personification for type.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    I've never seen this one discussed before.

I think he was an ENFP.

- He was very linguistically gifted
    - Very idealistic, though not very resilient in following through
    - Brought a bunch of idiosyncratic ideas to many different jobs
    - He seemed to function via personal indignation and/or "championing" of Latin Americans
    - He had this charismatic presence a la Bill Clinton
    - He was notoriously inconsistant in his principles a la Bill Clinton

and so on...

Comments welcome
    Bill Clinton is an ESFP

Guevarra? Pffff... Who cares? ISFP maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So... I'm going to be the first guy to say he's ST?

For all you that say he's an NF, I think you're mistaking personification for type.
    You think he was revolting from boredom? C'mon...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I've read a lot about him, and he does definitely not come across as a Perceiver. My vote is on ENxJ.
    His logic and tendencies towards emotional decisions were about equal, so i'll make that an X.
    At least in my head. I'm not saying F's can't kill people, but he definitely valued justice higher than mercy. Nothing wrong about that. But a clear NF would maybe have pardoned a few more of the old fascist pigs officials.

As I said, he surely can't have been much of a Perceiver. Sure, he was adventurous and shit. But he was really a doer, with a ton of willpower and drive. He had struggled with asthma during his entire life, and even had attacks during the revolution. Didn't really stop him for long! He was also a workaholic, and not at all a laid back kind of person. An NF would have been more of a romantic, or at least caring for his family, Che basically ignored them. He quite literally spent all his waking time writing or working for the revolutionary movement.

Besides, it's Guevara. Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna.

/the current Comandante en Jefe

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    You think he was revolting from boredom? C'mon...
    No. The fact that you would respond that way merely from me saying Che is ST means you seriously need to go back to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I've read a lot about him, and he does definitely not come across as a Perceiver. My vote is on ENxJ.
    His logic and tendencies towards emotional decisions were about equal, so i'll make that an X.
    At least in my head. I'm not saying F's can't kill people, but he definitely valued justice higher than mercy. Nothing wrong about that. But a clear NF would maybe have pardoned a few more of the old fascist pigs officials.

As I said, he surely can't have been much of a Perceiver. Sure, he was adventurous and shit. But he was really a doer, with a ton of willpower and drive. He had struggled with asthma during his entire life, and even had attacks during the revolution. Didn't really stop him for long! He was also a workaholic, and not at all a laid back kind of person. An NF would have been more of a romantic, or at least caring for his family, Che basically ignored them. He quite literally spent all his waking time writing or working for the revolutionary movement.
    A "doer" as opposed to what? A thinker? An observer? A commander? A doer as oppsed to any one of those things would be well suited for most EPs, as well as ISTPs (just maybe ISFPs, though I doubt Che was ISFP).

Those who use Judging functions first tend to be more deliberate and paced than those who use Perceiving functions first, espeically comparing the Extraverts. EPs are the most impulsive of all, while EJs are not only deliberate, they are more bound perameters than IPs are. That being said, IPs are for their own reasons the most deliberate of all (remember, they use Ji first... not Pi).

It is this "doer" behavior of Che that is one of the reasons I figure he is a Perceiver, actually. He was extremely experiential. Everything was an ongoing process, and unmeasured endurace test for him. I'm not saying all Ps are like that (not even close) but it's a lot weirder for a non-P to be like that.

Indeed, he is likely not a Feeler. He was terribly impersonal, and emotionally distancing. That he supposedly fought for an "idealistic" cause says nothing about his type. We all struggle for causes, and the very concept of a cause itself or how people are connected to them is extremely vague and interpretive.

The way he went about the cause is more important. He had a knack for the military way of doing things, but he was no great communicator, and not a sociologist. Part of his downfall came from not being good at gauging the minds of the people, or knowing how to persuade them. His approach was practical and tactical, and he took things one step at a time, not attached to the past, not planning for the future. He was in the moment.

So, being impersonal and unsentimental, and indeed, more inclined toward justice than mercy, he seems like a T. Being his focus was local, present, linear, concrete, and direct, he seems more like an S than an N (it's worth noting that Castro was probably a major Inuititve influence in his life). But being an ST, was he an STJ? Absolutely not. This man is not a man of strict guidelines, of familiar establishments, or familar facts. He was someone always throwing himself onto new experiences, hands on, with ad hoc approaches (he did literally write the book on Geurilla warfare). He was an STP.

So E or I? I'm really not sure. At the moment, I'm inclined to think ISTP, but I'm not elaborating right now because it feels too shakey to me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    He was a psychopathic killer.
    and also a coward. or he wouldn't feel the need for so much backup generated through manipulation. Not even gonna guess so to not insult anyone with a similar prefrences. crazy hoarse, however, may be a (E) No Doubt (N) (F) (j). So enfjs got my respect.

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'd like to respond now to the very original post.

I've never seen this one discussed before.

I think he was an ENFP.

- He was very linguistically gifted
    Nothing to do with being ENFP.

- Very idealistic, though not very resilient in following through.
    He was passionate, that's for sure. However, I wouldn't take his overly simplified release of his passion as a sign of some NF type idealism. I largely think Castro guided Che into turning his mere passion and resentment into a piece of a greater ideal. Even then, fighting for it, Che still took an incredibly straight-forward, mechanical apporach to a messianic mission. He did not play the idealist's rule in the ideal.

As for lack of following through, if you say that, 6 types come to my mind. ENFP isn't good enough.

- Brought a bunch of idiosyncratic ideas to many different jobs
    That basically makes him a human being. It is the exceptional ones that don't do that, regardless of type.

- He seemed to function via personal indignation and/or "championing" of Latin Americans
    I'm not quite sure what functioning via indignation really means.
    If it's about the drive of his resentment, then again, that doesn't take an NF.

Also, don't pidgeon-hole him. Angolans aren't Latin Americans.

- He had this charismatic presence a la Bill Clinton
    Lots of charismatic types, hardly just ENFP. Especially since their are different kinds of charisma. I kind tell you that Che didn't "connect" with people, a la Bill Clinton. That being said, don't base one person's type off of another person's type. Do you even know that Clinton is ENFP.

- He was notoriously inconsistant in his principles a la Bill Clinton
    Again, lots of people do that. Look at the reason, not the mere act itself. I don't think his inconsistency, if you can even call it that, comes from the fact that he set himself a simple (though admittedly large) objective, and did whatever seemed like good option for working toward it at the time.
    Go to sleep, iguana.