• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESTJ's in popular culture

rmrf

Wendy in later episodes of south park

I've always got an INFJ vibe from her. ENFJ is also possible but I'm more confident in INFJ as I think Ni > Fe and ENFJs are very extroverted; in media they are often the archetypal 'popular girls'.

Haven't watched a lot of south park in recent years, in what way has she changed?

- - - Updated - - -

Wendy in later episodes of south park

I've always got an INFJ vibe from her. ENFJ is also possible but I'm more confident in INFJ as I think Ni > Fe and ENFJs are very extroverted; in media they are often the archetypal 'popular girls'.

Haven't watched a lot of south park in recent years, in what way has she changed?

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
in later episodes she is more opinated and outspoken the way she beat eric cartman seems it seems ej if she was ni she would have realize beating cartman serves no purpose there is a chance she is extj with good fi

earlier seasons she seems xnfp

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
So how would you consider gaston estp.

ESTP males often feel a misplaced entitlement to women. If Gaston were an ESTJ he'd have Te which would help him understand how the world works. But as an ESTP, all he can really think about is how cool he is (dominant Se).

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
actually dude that seems like ti or fi

te is actually catorgorizing things in logical order two i believe any type can think they are cool three se is scanning and he does not do that

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
actually dude that seems like ti or fi

te is actually catorgorizing things in logical order two i believe any type can think they are cool three se is scanning and he does not do that

I'm not saying Se makes him think he's cool. I'm saying his lack of Te makes him not able to understand external logic. Instead, he has auxiliary Ti which makes him trust his own logic. In his case, that meant whenever Lefou (an actual ESTJ with Te) questions any of Gaston's decisions, he gets a wack in the head for it because Gaston prefers to do things his own way. Also, a person with Si makes decisions based on their own life experience. Gaston, on the other hand, has Se. So he makes decisions based on what he's observing in the present.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hey [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I thought of another great fictional ESTJ: Captain, later Admiral Sir Edward Pellew, from the Hornblower TV series, played by Robert Lindsay. He's badass, no-nonsense, and roars hilarious things at people, like "DAMN YOUR IMPUDENCE, SIR!" He's also fiercely loyal and protective of his crew, and especially Hornblower, who is like the son he never had. He's pretty damned awesome. And I'm almost positive he's an ESTJ.

Antsers

MBTI Type
ENFP
Celebrities:

Hugh Jackman
Michael Fassbender
Nick Robinson
Jason Statham
Bradley Cooper
Chris Hemsworth
Mark Ruffalo
Jeremy Renner
Jude Law
Gavin Rossdale
Stephen Amell
Colton Haynes
Patrick Dempsey

Kaya Scodelario
Cara Delevigne
Avril Lavigne
Mila Kunis
Olivia Wilde
Hayden Panettiere
Lauren Cohan
Elizabeth Gillies
Ellen Pompeo

Wait-- what's the purpose of this? :O

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
More like a 90s popular culture.

Commander Zod - it can't get much more ESTJ than that.

Note: when all blue robots die fort automatically blows up.

Sil

This is a test.
shawn's dad, henry spencer, on psych :)

Definitely an ESTJ, although maybe closer to the E/I divide in terms of plain old intra/extraversion.

^ Yeah, he's totally ESTJ. I think "Lassie" is too, probably, but more shallow and not very nice :( And what do you think about Gus? I'm thinking some sort of SJ...

Lassie seems more ISTJ than ESTJ. Although if he were an ESTJ, I would be thrilled. I love his character.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dean Winchester from "Supernatural" -- though I think he may vary between types throughout the series.

I appreciate how much they show his inferior-Fi shadow mode. You almost never see that with ESTJs on TV or in books. They're usually one-dimensional and/or invulnerable. But Dean is very much a sensitive Fi-using ESTJ, and for obvious reasons, I relate to that and I appreciate seeing it.

Cross-posting from another thread:

EJCC said:
I think he must vary between ESTJ and ESTP, or maybe he has ESTP tendencies as an ESTJ. Regardless, the more I watch the show, the more I see inferior-Fi happening.

Example in spoiler tags, below.

It's worth noting that there are so few ESTJs in popular culture that I relate to. Hermione Granger was the only one, until Dean. So even though Supernatural isn't exactly TV literature, it has a special place in my Fi marshmallow center.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dean Winchester from "Supernatural" -- though I think he may vary between types throughout the series.

I appreciate how much they show his inferior-Fi shadow mode. You almost never see that with ESTJs on TV or in books. They're usually one-dimensional and/or invulnerable. But Dean is very much a sensitive Fi-using ESTJ, and for obvious reasons, I relate to that and I appreciate seeing it.

How does it come out, usually? What would be a good example of it showing up in the character?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How does it come out, usually? What would be a good example of it showing up?
The example in my earlier post (in the spoiler tags) is a good one. Obsession with standards not being met, and values being violated, by self or others. Feeling like nothing ever goes right, or like we can't do anything right. Feeling like no one appreciates the work we do -- or like the work we do doesn't matter. Oversensitivity and over-the-top self-pity.

Edit: In the eye of the beholder, it probably shows up through not actually articulating it, but seeming "off" -- or maybe trying and failing to articulate it. There are LOADS of scenes like that in Supernatural but I'm not finding them on YouTube.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The example in my earlier post (in the spoiler tags) is a good one. Obsession with standards not being met, and values being violated, by self or others. Feeling like nothing ever goes right, or like we can't do anything right. Feeling like no one appreciates the work we do -- or like the work we do doesn't matter. Oversensitivity and over-the-top self-pity.

I'm not really sure what the best way to respond to this post, but thanks for sharing. It answered my question, and the video helped, too.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not really sure what the best way to respond to this post, but thanks for sharing. It answered my question, and the video helped, too.
No problem. :)

I think most writers of ESTJ characters rely on the fact that ESTJs won't talk about their Fi, because they typically don't. Supernatural's writers are an exception. I think the only reason why that's the case, is that Sam -- Dean's brother, and some kind of xNFx -- frequently pesters him into talking about it. At minimum, to acknowledge that it exists, instead of lying about it.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Getting some ESTJ vibes from Princess Leia.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From shows I've been netflixing lately....

Pete Campbell - Mad Men (FYI, I'm only in the 2nd season)*
enneagram 3

Gloria (the head nurse who is obsessed with Michelle Obama) - Nurse Jackie (into the 4th season)
enneagram 3

Elizabeth Keen - The Blacklist
enneagram 6

*And Peggy is totally INFP e9, right? :D

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
The first that comes to mind is Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights (the TV show)

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], funnily enough, I was watching Sailor Moon last night and wondering whether Jupiter was an ESTJ or an ESFJ. Then I log on here and see your avatar! :)

I can't decide whether Rei is an ESTJ or an ENTJ either. Rubeus seems ESTJ-ish too.

What do you think?