User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Dean Winchester from "Supernatural" -- though I think he may vary between types throughout the series.

I appreciate how much they show his inferior-Fi shadow mode. You almost never see that with ESTJs on TV or in books. They're usually one-dimensional and/or invulnerable. But Dean is very much a sensitive Fi-using ESTJ, and for obvious reasons, I relate to that and I appreciate seeing it.

Cross-posting from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC
    I think he must vary between ESTJ and ESTP, or maybe he has ESTP tendencies as an ESTJ. Regardless, the more I watch the show, the more I see inferior-Fi happening.

Example in spoiler tags, below.

It's worth noting that there are so few ESTJs in popular culture that I relate to. Hermione Granger was the only one, until Dean. So even though Supernatural isn't exactly TV literature, it has a special place in my Fi marshmallow center.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Dean Winchester from "Supernatural" -- though I think he may vary between types throughout the series.

I appreciate how much they show his inferior-Fi shadow mode. You almost never see that with ESTJs on TV or in books. They're usually one-dimensional and/or invulnerable. But Dean is very much a sensitive Fi-using ESTJ, and for obvious reasons, I relate to that and I appreciate seeing it.
    How does it come out, usually? What would be a good example of it showing up in the character?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    How does it come out, usually? What would be a good example of it showing up?
    The example in my earlier post (in the spoiler tags) is a good one. Obsession with standards not being met, and values being violated, by self or others. Feeling like nothing ever goes right, or like we can't do anything right. Feeling like no one appreciates the work we do -- or like the work we do doesn't matter. Oversensitivity and over-the-top self-pity.

Edit: In the eye of the beholder, it probably shows up through not actually articulating it, but seeming "off" -- or maybe trying and failing to articulate it. There are LOADS of scenes like that in Supernatural but I'm not finding them on YouTube.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    The example in my earlier post (in the spoiler tags) is a good one. Obsession with standards not being met, and values being violated, by self or others. Feeling like nothing ever goes right, or like we can't do anything right. Feeling like no one appreciates the work we do -- or like the work we do doesn't matter. Oversensitivity and over-the-top self-pity.
    I'm not really sure what the best way to respond to this post, but thanks for sharing. It answered my question, and the video helped, too.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I'm not really sure what the best way to respond to this post, but thanks for sharing. It answered my question, and the video helped, too.
    No problem.

I think most writers of ESTJ characters rely on the fact that ESTJs won't talk about their Fi, because they typically don't. Supernatural's writers are an exception. I think the only reason why that's the case, is that Sam -- Dean's brother, and some kind of xNFx -- frequently pesters him into talking about it. At minimum, to acknowledge that it exists, instead of lying about it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

Getting some ESTJ vibes from Princess Leia.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

From shows I've been netflixing lately....

Pete Campbell - Mad Men (FYI, I'm only in the 2nd season)*
    enneagram 3

Gloria (the head nurse who is obsessed with Michelle Obama) - Nurse Jackie (into the 4th season)
    enneagram 3

Elizabeth Keen - The Blacklist
    enneagram 6

*And Peggy is totally INFP e9, right?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Lt. Atkins - Angie Tribeca

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

The first that comes to mind is Eric Taylor from Friday Night Lights (the TV show)

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7

@EJCC, funnily enough, I was watching Sailor Moon last night and wondering whether Jupiter was an ESTJ or an ESFJ. Then I log on here and see your avatar!

I can't decide whether Rei is an ESTJ or an ENTJ either. Rubeus seems ESTJ-ish too.

What do you think?