• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gordon Lightfoot

heart

heart on fire
INFP or ISFP?

I am leaning to thinking he is ISFP.

My favorite songs of his are: "Cherokee Bend" and "Ghosts of Cape Horn".

Gordon Lightfoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[YOUTUBE="CGTRlXQ2XAs"]Gordon Lightfoot interview[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="MOOs-MqDOI0"]Sundown---Gordon Lightfoot 1974[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="r2DjqB0SO9M"]If You Could Read My Mind--Gordon Lightfoot[/YOUTUBE]

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I don't know a thing about his type but I do know I've always enjoyed his music! :yes:

heart

heart on fire
Well, what I mean is, what's your best guess based on his bio, art and how he acts in interviews. This isn't meant to be definiative or anything, just speculation.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was wondering that the other day...I really enjoy his music. Don Quixote is one of my favourites, it seems very Fi-driven.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was INFP or ISFP, though going by his lyrics I'd say S. Haven't seen any bios though.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Gordon Lightfoot! :D
My favorites are "the wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald", "Ghosts of Cape horn" and "The Ballad of Yarmouth Castle"

I think he might be ISFP or ISTP

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
Well, FWIW I have seen Gordon in concert at least 16 times...he is rather demanding and precise...to the point of starting songs over if even an (relatively) unnoticiable flub is committed. The shows run on a schedule that to my notice has been exactly the same for every show I've seen. The song list may change, but the format is exact. If something is not going right on his end...like the sound man can't get the levels just right he can get a little irritated. I had heard and noticed early on that Gord did not like to have people clapping along during songs...even Alberta Bound...saying to the audience "leave the driving to us...." Though the last shows I had seen he seemed to have come to terms with it. I sense that he is very concerned with providing the best possible show that he can. And it is rare that band members (very talented) are cut loose to improvise in any way; hewing to exact interpretations of recorded work....I saw him one evening at the Toledo Zoo Ampitheatre and he did let Terry Clements cut loose on a tune or two and it was fantastic. Gord seems to have a complete composed idea in his mind and wants that to be the "standard". He seems very responsible when it comes to his work and duty bound to provide a high quality product. He will cut loose a bit if the audience is responsive...If the crowd is really vocal and appreciative he will go beyond normal limits and really give back to the fans...I remeber one of the first shows I went to an August day where the temp plumetted to 45 degrees and it rained heavily and incessantly at the outdoor pavillion....maybe a 5th of the audienced showed shivering and wet....and Gord was so impressed and wanting to be fair to those who braved the weather put on an extended and very lively show, exuberant practically. Gord does not like to get "personal" on stage...business, business.....

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hirsch: that sounds like an ENTJ. Possibly ESTJ, but I don't see him being one.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
There seems to be a dichotmoy here; the poet of sentient lyric and strong melody and the master sargeant concert performer...we must remember for alot of years Gord suffered from significant alcoholism. Also when his old friend Cathey Smith was charged with having administered the heroin that killed John Belushi, Gord came to her aid with financial resources that allowed her to mount a defense. So he is a loyal friend in face of what could be very bad publicity for him.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't speak for all ENTJ's, but I don't give a rat's ass about bad publicity. If someone is my friend, I help them. Simple as that. I expect my friends to help me when I need it, too. To not help is to not be a friend at all. Doesn't matter what they've done.

heart

heart on fire
I can't see him as a thinker and he does not seem extroverted. Just like with Conan O'Brian ( who I am convinced is INFP) there's almost no biography about his personal life on Wikipedia, that tells me he keeps his private life very private.

I mean P types can be perfectionists if they decide that something really matters and will focus on that one thing. Like a writer who re-writes scenes ten times and still not satisfied but makes typos in chat and doesn't care. So I am not totally sold that he's not a Fi dom.

I am still pretty convinced of ISFP with strong Te development.

My ISFP friend is the most loyal person I know. She's relaxed and loose most of the time but when it comes to being a mother she's a perfectionist and always, always does what she thinks is best, she never slacks.

I think too many unbalanced FP give the stereotype that is the way FP always are, flaky.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think the demanding attitude on stage points to ENTJ necessarily. I'm exactly like that when I'm planning things...it really stresses me out when other people interfere with my plans for something that should be in my control. I use "preset formats" like that too - once you've figured out the most efficient way to run something, why not use it every time?

That in mind, I'll revise my earlier guess to say ISTP or ISFP - those sound more like ISxP traits than NP traits. I think ISFP is still the most likely.

alicia91

Definately ISTP or ISFP. I can also be very perfectionistic and controlling about my work too.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've just fallen in love with one his albums, "Don Quixote". It's been on repeat for a good while and it just makes me feel peaceful and generally well. :)

Good God... This guy rocks.