• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alexander the Great

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
This is the first time I've heard someone suggest he was NF. I think he's ENTP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Why an NF? I am genuinely curious.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Totally ENTP.
By the way, his fail was introverted sensing: he was one of the greatest conquerant of the history, but his empire had'nt real structure, and he did'nt know where was his own limits no the other's, he did'nt care about his corporal health and died from exhaustion, alcoolism and madness.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
NF? i think you're thinking of his boyfriend.

Gauche

Ok guys, I didn't think it will shock you so much:)

I thought about NF because of his approach to his leadership and his goals, or in his case, it's better to say quest.

You know, he was not a cruel conqueror like e.g. Napoleon, whose goal was only to unite a whole countries under his absolute power. I've heard that Alexander have had an ideal of connecting the world into one nation. He seemed much less to crave an absolute power over people, he wanted the people to be happy and united at the end, though he apparently were doing it by means of war. Also he seemed to have a little interest in mundane trumpery. This includes physical pleasures as well. He was not very fond of sexual orgies and all that kind of crap which such a great leader usually enjoyed to full extent...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
oh, i didn't realize your reason was because he was "good".

of course he was NF.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Was he not a cruel conqueror? Like Napoleon?
Now, which rock did you grow up underneath? :smile:
Back then, there was a real monopoly on who wrote the history books. Guess who? Yeah, the conquerors. And Napoleon did a lot of good things, despite cutting off a few well-deserving noble heads.

Vive la revolucion! Vive la france! :devil:

Ok guys, I didn't think it will shock you so much:)

I thought about NF because of his approach to his leadership and his goals, or in his case, it's better to say quest.

You know, he was not a cruel conqueror like e.g. Napoleon, whose goal was only to unite a whole countries under his absolute power. I've heard that Alexander have had an ideal of connecting the world into one nation. He seemed much less to crave an absolute power over people, he wanted the people to be happy and united at the end, though he apparently were doing it by means of war. Also he seemed to have a little interest in mundane trumpery. This includes physical pleasures as well. He was not very fond of sexual orgies and all that kind of crap which such a great leader usually enjoyed to full extent...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then he made himself an emperor, so what was the point?

Cool guy. Very, very cool guy. He also gave women the right to inherit stuff and I think a few other rights that were previously unheard of in Europe.

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre empereur!

picture.php

heart

heart on fire
Whatever gains women made in the original phases of the French Revolution were wiped out by Napoleon's civil code of 1804, it merely reinforced husband's and father's rights over women.

Prof. Stetson concludes, "Any difference in French and American family law in the nineteenth century seemed insignificant to the women under their sway. Whether ruled by common-law coverture or the code of Napoleon, society offered women few alternatives to marriage and marriage destroyed all legal economic independence for women."

The wife was excluded from inheriting any portion of the family property, it being assumed that the husband would make separate arrangements for the maintenance of his spouse.

Many states in the USA at this same time allowed a woman to sue for divorce if her husband committed adultery, not so in Napoleon's France, though a husband could have his wife imprisoned for between 3 months and 2 years for her adultery.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
it's getting easier and easier to "type" famous people on this board.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
it's getting easier and easier to "type" famous people on this board.

Indeed, I'm genuinely curious how anyone here can attempt to have any idea whether Alexander interacted with the world as a sensor or an intuitive.

He could have been a debauched ESTP putting his stamp on the world, an ESTJ seeking to build an empire, an ENTJ looking for global domination, and so it goes on....

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then I have been told wrong by one of my teachers... I will take this to him.
Aside from that, great move. Few people gets to shut me up with a single post :happy:

Whatever gains women made in the original phases of the French Revolution were wiped out by Napoleon's civil code of 1804, it merely reinforced husband's and father's rights over women.

Many states in the USA at this same time allowed a woman to sue for divorce if her husband committed adultery, not so in Napoleon's France, though a husband could have his wife imprisoned for between 3 months and 2 years for her adultery.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

For the most part what you've described here is the difference between an ENTP and ENTJ. An ENTP might go out and conquer and kill a bunch of people, but doesn't do so for personal power and wealth. Instead they do it mainly for the raw challenge to see if they can accomplish it. Cyrus the Great was also different from a lot of conquerers, and I tend to think he's ENTP for the same reason. Likewise consider the modern day example of Warren Buffet, who despite his extreme wealth, lives in a fairly modest house and doesn't live a lifestyle much different than anyone else (in terms of money spent). Te-dominants by contrast are much more concerned with displaying their personal status.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I contend that Alexander the Great was an ESTP, as was Napoleon. They strike me less as impractical visionaries and more as conquerors (AKA doers).

Proselyte

MBTI Type
EPIC
Alex - ENTJ with morals. I know it's unheard of, but a motivated leader and strategist who sought to spread his Greco-Macedonian culture around the known world (and gain power for himself, of course) It's just like the age old, 'Was Napoleon the Heir to the Revolution' question.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Alex - ENTJ with morals. I know it's unheard of, but a motivated leader and strategist who sought to spread his Greco-Macedonian culture around the known world (and gain power for himself, of course) It's just like the age old, 'Was Napoleon the Heir to the Revolution' question.

Welcome back, Jack. :p

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
From what I heard, he's ENTJ, I have no reason to argue that.