First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Then he made himself an emperor, so what was the point?
    Cool guy. Very, very cool guy. He also gave women the right to inherit stuff and I think a few other rights that were previously unheard of in Europe.

Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre empereur!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

heart on fire

Whatever gains women made in the original phases of the French Revolution were wiped out by Napoleon's civil code of 1804, it merely reinforced husband's and father's rights over women.

Prof. Stetson concludes, "Any difference in French and American family law in the nineteenth century seemed insignificant to the women under their sway. Whether ruled by common-law coverture or the code of Napoleon, society offered women few alternatives to marriage and marriage destroyed all legal economic independence for women."

The wife was excluded from inheriting any portion of the family property, it being assumed that the husband would make separate arrangements for the maintenance of his spouse.
    Many states in the USA at this same time allowed a woman to sue for divorce if her husband committed adultery, not so in Napoleon's France, though a husband could have his wife imprisoned for between 3 months and 2 years for her adultery.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

it's getting easier and easier to "type" famous people on this board.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    it's getting easier and easier to "type" famous people on this board.
    Indeed, I'm genuinely curious how anyone here can attempt to have any idea whether Alexander interacted with the world as a sensor or an intuitive.

He could have been a debauched ESTP putting his stamp on the world, an ESTJ seeking to build an empire, an ENTJ looking for global domination, and so it goes on....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Then I have been told wrong by one of my teachers... I will take this to him.
    Aside from that, great move. Few people gets to shut me up with a single post

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Whatever gains women made in the original phases of the French Revolution were wiped out by Napoleon's civil code of 1804, it merely reinforced husband's and father's rights over women.

Many states in the USA at this same time allowed a woman to sue for divorce if her husband committed adultery, not so in Napoleon's France, though a husband could have his wife imprisoned for between 3 months and 2 years for her adultery.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    You know, he was not a cruel conqueror like e.g. Napoleon, whose goal was only to unite a whole countries under his absolute power. I've heard that Alexander have had an ideal of connecting the world into one nation. He seemed much less to crave an absolute power over people, he wanted the people to be happy and united at the end, though he apparently were doing it by means of war. Also he seemed to have a little interest in mundane trumpery. This includes physical pleasures as well. He was not very fond of sexual orgies and all that kind of crap which such a great leader usually enjoyed to full extent...
    For the most part what you've described here is the difference between an ENTP and ENTJ. An ENTP might go out and conquer and kill a bunch of people, but doesn't do so for personal power and wealth. Instead they do it mainly for the raw challenge to see if they can accomplish it. Cyrus the Great was also different from a lot of conquerers, and I tend to think he's ENTP for the same reason. Likewise consider the modern day example of Warren Buffet, who despite his extreme wealth, lives in a fairly modest house and doesn't live a lifestyle much different than anyone else (in terms of money spent). Te-dominants by contrast are much more concerned with displaying their personal status.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I contend that Alexander the Great was an ESTP, as was Napoleon. They strike me less as impractical visionaries and more as conquerors (AKA doers).

MBTI
    EPIC

Alex - ENTJ with morals. I know it's unheard of, but a motivated leader and strategist who sought to spread his Greco-Macedonian culture around the known world (and gain power for himself, of course) It's just like the age old, 'Was Napoleon the Heir to the Revolution' question.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Proselyte View Post
    Alex - ENTJ with morals. I know it's unheard of, but a motivated leader and strategist who sought to spread his Greco-Macedonian culture around the known world (and gain power for himself, of course) It's just like the age old, 'Was Napoleon the Heir to the Revolution' question.
    Welcome back, Jack. :p
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    I

From what I heard, he's ENTJ, I have no reason to argue that.