User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I agree that Introverts can almost perfectly emulate Extroversion for short durations.

Do you think, though, that as a celebrity akin to RW you would (not just "could if your life depended on it", but would) consistently appear ENFX to people who know and have experience with MBTI?
    If she a) is only a mild-moderate introvert and b) has one large unit of time per week where she doesn't have to do anything and can hide from people, yes.

On my gap year program, I lived with 37 other people. From September-April. We did everything together. Large communal dorm rooms, too, so no private rooms. I thoroughly enjoyed it, actually.
    And while when I'm at home I span from seeing friends every other day to going 6 weeks during the busy semester without contact, on this program when the conditions warranted (which, was, always) I regularly socialized all day, every day 24/6 days a week, and only took off one large chunk of time per week (like, 4-6 hours in one stretch) to myself. I could last longer if our schedule was packed, but then I'd get a bit grumpy.
    And I'm sure I would have been typed ENFx by my behavior if those people didn't know that I needed that large chunk of time every week. In fact, I appeared so ENF that people were seriously concerned about me for the first few months when I weekly took time to myself; they all thought I was desperately homesick or struggling with something because I needed "alone time". It never occured to them that I was an introvert and I had to flat out explain it. (But I didn't know MBTI until the end of the program when we all did it together, so I explained it with "if I don't do this, I will become Uber-Bitch"). And it took them months to believe me.

And, like I said, at home I'm comfortable going sometimes 6 weeks without contacting friends. (although this is somewhat rare and I do live with people, so I'm not a total hermit.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Ushername, yes, you're likely a socionics ENFj. There's another forum member at the socionics forum that used to test as a MBTI INTJ - Kristiina.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I mentioned this in the ENFJ thread in teh NF forum, but due to my values of prioritizing people, I generally appear as ENFJ in more impersonal social situations (such as the ones where she would be exposed to in interviews, at work with a camera in front of her, etc.). I do this, too. (Typelogic INTJ description: "many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.")

I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe. I just spend a hugely disproportionate time alone, and know that I'm an INTJ. It's not that any of these personas are a misrepresentation of myself... they are just what happens when an INTJ values social interaction and people. An INTJ female I know online attests to this as well.
    As I've said earlier in this thread, I don't really like to type people solely based on a five minute interview. After reading through all the links in this thread, her IMBD page, watching the interviews, and doing an analysis of her acting style I believe she is ENFP, and if I am mistaken I believe it is in regards to P/J.

I must ask you though, what signs and characteristics would you look for to determine if a person that you know in RL is an ENFP?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ushername, yes, you're likely a socionics ENFj. There's another forum member at the socionics forum that used to test as a MBTI INTJ - Kristiina.
    Well... it never occured to me to read an "E" socionics profile, nor an "NF" one... now I can't diss the validity of that personality system any mofe

lol thanks; I totally am.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    As I've said earlier in this thread, I don't really like to type people solely based on a five minute interview. After reading through all the links in this thread, her IMBD page, watching the interviews, and doing an analysis of her acting style I believe she is ENFP, and if I am mistaken I believe it is in regards to P/J.

I must ask you though, what signs and characteristics would you look for to determine if a person that you know in RL is an ENFP?
    My dad and closest friend are both ENFP; this is one of the types I have zero trouble picking out. (Yes, I typed them and got them to test.)
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

If she a) is only a mild-moderate introvert and b) has one large unit of time per week where she doesn't have to do anything and can hide from people, yes.
    I believe INTJs can go very far in pwning the world () but I have to admit that I am extremely skeptical that an INTJ celebrity could consistently pass for ENFX in the eyes of experienced typers. But like whether Marilyn Manson is an STP faking being NFJ, that's really not debatable.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

My dad and closest friend are both ENFP; this is one of the types I have zero trouble picking out. (Yes, I typed them and got them to test.)
    So what does an ENFP look like if you don't have the luxury of having them take the test? I mean what details do you specifically look for?
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    So what does an ENFP look like if you don't have the luxury of having them take the test? I mean what details do you specifically look for?
    *non-linear brain; multiple topics in a discussion. This is pretty clear, in my experience, when I get into a discussion with them past 10 minutes.
    *someone who makes sure to put everyone in the room at ease
    *eats up compliments like there's no tomorrow
    *laid back but simultaneously passionate

i dunno, ENFs are really easy for me to pick out. I think they're totally different than ESFs. It's like an on-off switch when they interact with me... we click together and light up the room, or you hear someone flicking the on/off switch repeatedly but it seems there's a bad connection and no light is being produced. So i guess I would say I base it off my interaction with them most heavily.
    C.S. Lewis

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    How does a socionics ENFj look like an MBTI INTJ?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How does a socionics ENFj look like an MBTI INTJ?
    it doesn't really, which is why I never thought to even look there.

I'll bold the parts that fit me, one sec.
    C.S. Lewis