User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I could make a case for her being ENFJ as well. I saw one E! Interview with her that made me think, wow she's in my head (same thing with Kate Winslet), but I couldn't find it and didn't feel like dragging the internet to support ENFJ. I don't think she's a P, at the very least an EJ or NJ. The way she approaches her film projects is like she's married to them once she commits herself and she's very upset when they fall through (most recently "Bunny Lake is Missing") and she's quite litigious, although I don't know how much that has to do with her personality. I'd think a P would just shrug off what the gossip rags print about her but she takes it most seriously and has sued quite a few mags for libel and slander. Also, research the beginning of her relationship with Ryan Phillipe really traditional, but she said it wasn't because it was "tradition" but how she envisioned it would be. But this is all stuff I don't remember very well because I was reading it as it happened, so once again eh.
    Well I'll admit that ENFJ is the only other type I could conceiver her being other than ENFP. (For the record I think, "there is no way that she could possibly be an INTJ".) However you should know that an ENFP would probably take libel and slander even worse than an ENFJ would. ENFP's have a need to be liked to the point that some can define their self worth by how much everyone likes them. Yes I know ENFJ's can do this too, but ENFP's are even worse about this.

Also she's very independent, and her approach to child rearing doesn't sound anything like an ENFJ approach. I still think she's a P based on everything I know about her including the various links posted in this thread, but I'll admit that it's possible more info could turn up to reveal her to be ENFJ. As for now I am comfortable placing her as an ENFP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Kate Winslet's an ENFJ. I'm so sure of it that I won't even bother to start a thread about it.
    I LOVE this Kate Winslet interview, the first 30 seconds are sufficient. So me.

But I guess another good solution would be to compare Kate Winslet to Reese Witherspoon. I see way more similarities than differences. They could both be ENFs.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I've seen ISFJ named, not here.

She does look and express herself like an ISFJ woman I know. Borderline on I/E. So I'm for ISFJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I've seen ISFJ named, not here.

She does look and express herself like an ISFJ woman I know. Borderline on I/E. So I'm for ISFJ.
    You think she's I?

This typing thread has made me realize that I have typed too few women IRL.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You think she's I?

This typing thread has made me realize that I have typed too few women IRL.
    She just is overall very alike this ISFJ girl, and this girl can only be ISFJ, even if she's pretty sociable. I don't have any other argument; on the I vs E, SFs generally can appear E in their sociable time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think her type is ANNOYING (at least her movies are). Yeah, I know that's 8 letters. I don't think she's that complex.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Well I'll admit that ENFJ is the only other type I could conceiver her being other than ENFP. (For the record I think, "there is no way that she could possibly be an INTJ".) However you should know that an ENFP would probably take libel and slander even worse than an ENFJ would. ENFP's have a need to be liked to the point that some can define their self worth by how much everyone likes them. Yes I know ENFJ's can do this too, but ENFP's are even worse about this.

Also she's very independent, and her approach to child rearing doesn't sound anything like an ENFJ approach. I still think she's a P based on everything I know about her including the various links posted in this thread, but I'll admit that it's possible more info could turn up to reveal her to be ENFJ. As for now I am comfortable placing her as an ENFP.
    I mentioned this in the ENFJ thread in teh NF forum, but due to my values of prioritizing people, I generally appear as ENFJ in more impersonal social situations (such as the ones where she would be exposed to in interviews, at work with a camera in front of her, etc.). I do this, too. (Typelogic INTJ description: "many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality.")

I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe. I just spend a hugely disproportionate time alone, and know that I'm an INTJ. It's not that any of these personas are a misrepresentation of myself... they are just what happens when an INTJ values social interaction and people. An INTJ female I know online attests to this as well.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I think her type is ANNOYING (at least her movies are). Yeah, I know that's 8 letters. I don't think she's that complex.
    Supervision relationship ENFp-ISFj at work

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I hide my quirks when I'm around people I don't know that well, and appear ENFJ. I've got Mad Social Skillz since I've been trying this. Around people that know me well, I give off the ENFP vibe.
    I agree that Introverts can almost perfectly emulate Extroversion for short durations.

Do you think, though, that as a celebrity akin to RW you would (not just "could if your life depended on it", but would) consistently appear ENFX to people who know and have experience with MBTI?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Do you think, though, that as a celebrity akin to RW you would (not just "could if your life depended on it", but would) consistently appear ENFX to people who know and have experience with MBTI?
    You are observing her in a social setting which prizes ENF type - that is, acting. If you were to run a factor analysis on actors, you would probably find a factor orthogonal to type that is "acting proficiency", and that factor would likely be highly correlated with ENFx descriptions.

Yet if we refer as typing-baselines tests and not descriptions, it is entirely possible that the baseline personality of Resee Witherspoon is introverted due to the reason outlined above.