User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 53

  1. #11
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    I've read through these points and I don't see any of them pointing to an INTJ in particular.

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm kind of convinced she's an INTJ (which, I know people often see qualities they like in stars and then convince themselves that they are like them... but seriously, i see a lot of INTJ in her).
    i don't have links; these are off the top of my head. swamped with stuff right now but will find them after wednesday if people want references.

    *she talks about how education is such an important thing; how her grandmother has all her respect b/c of how much she was into learning even though she could've been the typical housewife of a rich guy
    You can find any of the types talk about how important education is. There is a reason why every politician always says how important education is. Because practically everyone considers education important.

    *she has a perfectionistic streak (she talked about how she had a mini-meltdown in the car when she realized that her singing wasn't *perfect* after listening to a recording of herself, like she wanted it to be for June Carter and pretty much gave up the role but was forced back into it)
    Practically all NT's have a perfectionistic streak as well as plenty of NF's and SJ's. Perfectionism in this one way just shows that she is probably not an SP.

    *she talks about how important it is to give kids space to dream up things for themselves; she says she doesn't babysit her kids and they often have room to be by themselves and do their own thing. she doesn't baby them; she wants them to develop to their own full potential and she thinks watching over them all the time like obsessive parents gets in teh way of their development
    The "hands off" style which allows a person to develop their strenghts is really an NP style more than anything.

    *the "type A" label, as mentioned above (which she clairifies as being called that b/c as a kid she knew all the proper terms of behaviors and medical conditions, etc., which is an INTJ thing)
    The ability to learn is something that any type has. The fact that she was interested in personality types really slants her toward ENFP. If she were an INTJ I'd expect her to be into building lego fortresses, or tearing things apart to see how they work and then putting them back together a new way, or maybe just sitting by herself and brooding a lot.

    She really doesn't have the personality of an INTJ. Especially if you consider that from the clips it is pretty obvious that she is both E and F.

    *she stands up for the truth as opposed to being politically correct/keeping friends
    All N's are capable of doing this. NF's feel strongly about doing what is right rather that what is popular or politically correct.

    *incredibly independent
    This is both an I and a P trait. Since it's obvious that she is not I, then she must be a P.

    in my opinion, she's an INTJ who really respects relationships and developing humans. all the things like rings from drinks, etc. can totally be more appropriate as an INTJ.
    Or she's an ENFP who has a pet peeve about drink rings on the table.

    Well I will say this: opinions about her type certainly vary widely. Maybe someone will post soon about how she is an ISTP.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  2. #12
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    after all this I'd laugh my ass off if she managed to happen upon this place and state her type, lol
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #13
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    I've always thought she was an EFJ, but eh.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  4. #14
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just going to assert why I said what I said.

    The "hands off" style which allows a person to develop their strenghts is really an NP style more than anything.
    As parents, INTJs' relentless pursuit for self-improvement becomes a model for their children as well. They encourage a child's independence and self-sufficiency, the sooner the better. What may be seen by others as uncaring or unaffectionate is, to INTJs, the ultimate in caring; teaching their children to stand on their own. The situation may best be illustrated by the way in which an INTJ parent likely teaches a child to swim. An INTJ parent may allow the child to dive into deep water that other parents might consider risky--all the while supervising intently--in the name of learning how to swim. Other types may stick to shallower waters, wanting the child to feel more comfortable in the learning process. To the INTJ, the issue of comfort or fear is irrelevant. What's important is learning how to swim. An old Chinese proverb was probably INTJ-inspired: "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach him to fish, and he eats for a lifetime."

    The same model drives all INTJ relationships: any relationship that's good today can be better tomorrow and both parties must be directed to constant self-improvement: learning, growing, confronting, and anything else that leads to mutual self-competency.
    from murraystate's description of INTJ

    The fact that she was interested in personality types really slants her toward ENFP.
    Where is this fact from? It's been my experience that waayyy more INTJs are interested in personality typing, but, that's my personal experience.

    She really doesn't have the personality of an INTJ. Especially if you consider that from the clips it is pretty obvious that she is both E and F.
    In fact, I would say she has quite the personality of an INTJ. I know three INTJ females (other than myself) and all of us appear extraverted in relating to others. Actually, I met an INTJ female online who says she's always perceived as an ESFP type in public (which I can totally relate to)... her theory is that because females are socially directed to be "ESF" types, that (competent) INTJ females learn to turn this on so as to function well within society and not be constantly butting heads. I know I do this for a) ease of relating to people when it's in a more superficial environment/conversation with people I don't know very well and b) because when I'm around people, I give off an ESFP personality type. But that's on the one in three weekends I leave the house!

    (edit: actually, I take back the "S" persona in public... people think I'm really "unusual" or "unique" which gives off the N vibe, I guess. So ENFP in public)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  5. #15
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    after all this I'd laugh my ass off if she managed to happen upon this place and state her type, lol
    that would be cool. but even if she did, what could she say? no one would believe her!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #16
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    that would be cool. but even if she did, what could she say? no one would believe her!
    good counter there, I didn't bother thinking that far...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    that would be cool. but even if she did, what could she say? no one would believe her!
    Touche*. I actually pulled that one.

    (For the record, I now believe it is possible that she is INTJ as she tested instead of ENTP as I claimed. )

    * Can't we do accents here?

  8. #18
    Senior Member Littlelostnf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I've always thought she was an EFJ, but eh.
    I'm with you Proteanmix..
    Actually I'm going further and saying ENFJ. Why does everyone discount..if she's not an ENFP she MUST be an INTJ. I'm going with ENFJ. That's my story and I'm stickin with it.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

  9. #19
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    I'm with you Proteanmix..
    Actually I'm going further and saying ENFJ. Why does everyone discount..if she's not an ENFP she MUST be an INTJ. I'm going with ENFJ. That's my story and I'm stickin with it.
    I could make a case for her being ENFJ as well. I saw one E! Interview with her that made me think, wow she's in my head (same thing with Kate Winslet), but I couldn't find it and didn't feel like dragging the internet to support ENFJ. I don't think she's a P, at the very least an EJ or NJ. The way she approaches her film projects is like she's married to them once she commits herself and she's very upset when they fall through (most recently "Bunny Lake is Missing") and she's quite litigious, although I don't know how much that has to do with her personality. I'd think a P would just shrug off what the gossip rags print about her but she takes it most seriously and has sued quite a few mags for libel and slander. Also, research the beginning of her relationship with Ryan Phillipe really traditional, but she said it wasn't because it was "tradition" but how she envisioned it would be. But this is all stuff I don't remember very well because I was reading it as it happened, so once again eh.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  10. #20
    Dhampyr Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I could make a case for her being ENFJ as well. I saw one E! Interview with her that made me think, wow she's in my head (same thing with Kate Winslet)
    Kate Winslet's an ENFJ. I'm so sure of it that I won't even bother to start a thread about it.

Similar Threads

  1. Each type in 3 words.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-02-2016, 07:32 AM
  2. No Type
    By paulwhy in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:01 PM
  3. Help figuring out your type?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 354
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 12:12 PM
  4. Reese Witherspoon's type, take 2
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
  5. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO