• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Xena: Warrior Princess

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Xena.....ESTJ

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
I thought first ENTJ, but then I realized. When did Xena actually used her intuition? I mean, she seemed very much like a sensing person.

Therefore, I would say ESTJ.

edit: Actually, the ESTJ theory might have sense, since most of her actions were in order to restore the previous equilibrium, to restore normalcy, which were defined by a set of clear rules for Xena.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Why not an I for Xena?

It seems like Fi was awakened in her when she changed.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Xena has often been used as an example of a "modern" ESTP women by several writers. event though the show is set in a mythological past, the various characters behaved in a thoroughly modern fashion. People either liked of hated that, but for me it just added to the charm of the show. Xena is a highly observant, realistic, grounded, response-ready and sensual woman (Se) who cool-headedly assesses her options, is a master of tactical combat maneuvers and demonstrates extraordinary spatial awareness (Ti).

Gabrielle is harder to type: definitely ENFJ or ENFP. No way is she an introvert - many of the other characters frequently comment on how she never stops talking! She's pretty flexible, and her ethical principles are not tied to what is socially appropriate, so I'll go with ENFP.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not an I for Xena?

It seems like Fi was awakened in her when she changed.

That looked like Fi, but it was actually her auxiliary Ti rising to the surface. Ti can also be a highly "Moral" function just like Fi, but its morals are tied to firmly held Thinking principles such as Freedom, Fairness, Justice and Equality.

welshlass

MBTI Type
INTP
Callisto i have no idea. I'd say an unbalanced Type at least. As for Hudson i watched a couple of other Tubes of her & i'll go out on a limb & suggest ENTP?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Hmm, ESTP for Xena?

Yeah, okay, just looking over the type descriptions, I could go for that. Maybe much more than ENTJ. ENTJ I liked because Xena actually was a Fieldmarshall and she has that ridiculous melancholy. I can't cope with ESTJ if she's EXTJ at all but, yeah--her intuition? Does she do a lot of foreseeing implications, making connections between ideas? Maybe the whole thing at the beginning where she makes her break with her army? But then, on a day to day basis...

I realise the only real reason I like ENTJ for her is because I know an ENTJ with black hair who is very Xena. But then, that supposed ENTJ keeps wanting to claim ESTJ. And I'm INTJ so I always use the slimmest evidence for things and hell, the girl I know might not even be ENTJ...

Gabrielle as ENFP... yeah, probably.

Hudson as ENTP? Yeah, was thinking that last night.

Callisto as ENTP? (With a lot of ISFJ shadow showing?)

Nuts, why do I like Callisto so much?

I used to like Xena as a character, but watching the show it got to be a kind of a joke: Xena was doomed! Doomed to always win! She couldn't not lose.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
My gut feeling for Xena was ISTP...ESTP with awakened Ti could indeed explain that.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
ESTP for Xena.

I'm not sure about Gabrielle. NF of some kind.

am_i_evil666

It's been a long time since I watched Xena. Therefore I can't remember who Callisto was, but what I remeber about XEna is some sort of ESTJ or ESTP. As for Gabrielle, I'd say ENFJ.

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
My guess for Callisto is ENFJ. She's so focussed on Xena and when Xena won't pay her enough attention or won't kill her or gives in she goes into furious mode.
I think Xena and Gabrielle are opposites: ENFP and ISTJ.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dragging this one up since I'm watching the show..

I doubted for a long time between ENTJ and STP for Xena..but the more I watch the show the more I have to go with eSTP. The Fi that flows through the show had me doubting for a long time but I've found that STPs are actually genuinly intrigued by Fi once they've grown up a bit...which is what Gabrielle is for to Xena. Xena, on the other hand has a way to tap into Fe and win the favour of the crowd, by establishing her social position, only to then transform the norms within that group into the Fi feelings Gabrielle supplied her with. Gabrielle is unable to do this on her own as she's Fe-tarded. Aside from that, I think it's clear that Xena is grand at tactics and physical movement=> STP

Gabrielle is so ENFP it hurts. Shoots her mouth off, champions every cause she comes across, does the whole 'writing' gig to then perform it on stage (story telling) and feels for every soul she encounters.

Callisto is a good question...she's so unhealthy it's hard to determine. Also, I haven't seen *that* much of her yet. She's consumed by feelings though and cannot help but take them out on everyone around her. *ponders*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
So-o-o-...

Xena: ESTP (but per the premise of the show constantly reflecting on or attempting to alter the outcomes of her past so seemingly I.)
Gabrielle: ENFP

Callisto: ...

a stressed ENTP? Very come hither/go away. Repeats patterns too, a lot. Is able to forsee but apparently not to alter. Keeps going anyway. Which is what I like about her. Appears Se, but isn't. Appears F, but isn't.

I am such a fanboy. And two years on, apparently still unable to type. :solidarity:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like ENFJ, actually..one that's gone c ompletely crazy and projects all her pain and hurt on the person who was responsible for turning her that way. She feels like an ENFJ who's only vision left is to annihilate as she doesn't believe in anything else. And she has a good grip on Se and a very good grip on Fe, especially the unhealthy way (guilttripping), and knows how to plan and strategize.

I wonder how often you find ENFJ villains actually *ponders*

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Doesn't need to be loved by enough people. Is too obvious, for example, in how dismissive she is of Darfus. She has him work for her, but doesn't particularly work to keep him interested.

And while she does do the sensational superstar act, it looks a lot more like an expression of something introverted and overwhelming than something naturally extroverted. But there is also a natural extroversion present. I mean, to me she looks like someone who projects an inner world onto the outer world, and does so relatively more naturally than an introvert, even as she routinely, even necessarily, ignores the lessons the extroverted world teaches her again and again.

Also she maintains an aloofness that to me suggests introverted judgment over extroverted. But it's not Fi.

This is some part of what appeals to me in that character. I don't know if it's particularly conclusive as to what she actually is.