User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 49 of 49

  1. #41
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pansophie View Post
    seems ESTP on the show, yeah. I guess. ISTP in history I tend to mix the two up and then side with history, in my head.

    The reason I give Xena an "I" is because of the way the fought against Gabrielle traveling with her at the start of the series. I know she led armies and things before, but she was also an evil version of herself who was simply using others to get what she wanted. Also, despite her gaining the rep she gained throughout the years, her traveling party was never larger than 4, even counting Argo the horse.
    Eh, but she's clearly an in-charge type, which would mean ESTP (or ESTJ, though I think ESTP is a better guess.) If she were ISTP she'd be chart-the-course, and, well, she just straight-up doesn't seem that way. She's a gung-ho leader of armies (even while she's not evil), not a quiet, calculating person who only takes charge when no one else will (or is able to) do so.

    Also, while I can see the ISTP typing for Xena because of the whole loner thing (even if I don't agree), I definitely don't see it for Ares. He's as ESTP as they get.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I don't see Xena as being a "gung-ho" leader when she is balanced and in her positive mode. She actually seems pretty resistant to the role and only takes charge when it's life or death. Granted much of the show is life or death, but there are enough instances throughout the series to build her complex character. Remember, E vs I is about where a person gathers their strength. Xena clearly collects hers when she is alone, or with one other trusted person. I guess what I'm saying is, leader doesn't necessary mean E. Leaders very often actually feel very alone. Even when evil and commanding armies, Xena would retreat to her luxurious tent to hang out with a singular person. On that note, her entire adult life can be mapped by her singular human obsessions. First it was Julius, then it was M'Lila, then Borias, then Lao Ma, and Gabrielle. Oh and the Japanese girl somewhere in there.

    I've watched Xena all the way through about 5 times hate to be so nerdy :/

  3. #43
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Xena: ?STP 8w7 Sx/Sp
    Gabrielle: ENFP 6w7 or 9w1 Sx/So
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #44
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Eh, but she's clearly an in-charge type, which would mean ESTP (or ESTJ, though I think ESTP is a better guess.) If she were ISTP she'd be chart-the-course, and, well, she just straight-up doesn't seem that way. She's a gung-ho leader of armies (even while she's not evil), not a quiet, calculating person who only takes charge when no one else will (or is able to) do so.

    Also, while I can see the ISTP typing for Xena because of the whole loner thing (even if I don't agree), I definitely don't see it for Ares. He's as ESTP as they get.
    I agree with your Aries comment. Aries is the poster-child ESTP. Anyway, I'm starting to think Xena may be ENTJ because she is Te as hell in that show, makes very quick decisions, and orders people around right and left. She's also a brilliant military strategist. In addition, she also has a very strong Se.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INXX
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Xena: ?STP 8w7 Sx/Sp
    Gabrielle: ENFP 6w7 or 9w1 Sx/So

    Agree with you. Gabrielle is the perfect ENFP, with pretty balanced S in there. Remember how she's also kind of a bard? She thought she wanted to be one here and there, even participating in contests and such. So close to the ESFP Performer, but not quite. Her calling was more NFish in the end.

  6. #46
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pansophie View Post
    Agree with you. Gabrielle is the perfect ENFP, with pretty balanced S in there. Remember how she's also kind of a bard? She thought she wanted to be one here and there, even participating in contests and such. So close to the ESFP Performer, but not quite. Her calling was more NFish in the end.
    Again. Gabrielle is an ENFP poster-child.

  7. #47
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    This show is a guilty pleasure.

    ISTP for Xena and ENFP Gabrielle

    I like Xena. She's got a "F" mindset at times, but it's because she's a reformed screwup. Gabrielle kind of opens up her mind too. The whole show is about finding redemption, unlike Hercules who defies evens the gods from birth. He's more of a natural do gooder.

    Agreed on Ares as ESTP. The actor was really cheesy, but I'm bummed that he died.

  8. #48
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    I remember Xena as estj and Gabriella as infp. Been awhile though
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  9. #49
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    This show is a guilty pleasure.

    ISTP for Xena and ENFP Gabrielle

    I like Xena. She's got a "F" mindset at times, but it's because she's a reformed screwup. Gabrielle kind of opens up her mind too. The whole show is about finding redemption, unlike Hercules who defies evens the gods from birth. He's more of a natural do gooder.

    Agreed on Ares as ESTP. The actor was really cheesy, but I'm bummed that he died.
    Damn. I didn't know he died. I just looked it up and he died after falling from a prop tower in 2002, that sucks. No wonder I haven't seen him in anything else since then.

Similar Threads

  1. What kind of warrior are you?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 10-15-2017, 11:47 AM
  2. Flame warriors, what are you?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 09:50 PM
  3. The Princess Bride
    By Night in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
  4. Ninja Warrior! It's Like A Real Live Ninja Camp,lol.
    By ladypinkington in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO