User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ok, not to open up a can of worms but couldn't that be attributed to an stp shadow?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ she appeals to you Kalach because of her brokenness, which appeals to your Fi. *spoiler alert* Think about how Callisto transformed into what she would have been after Xena went down to hell and touched her, redeeming her soul back into heaven. Innocent, full of empathy and love.

I agree she's hard to type because of the pain she carried from her youth, and of the hatred she carried for Xena, and essentially because she's a fictional character. But I would go with Fi somewhere in the equation based on the depiction of her cleansed, healthy character after transformation.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

Eh, pffft, I have issues with that transformation. I like her for how she creates meaning. The things she wants are impossible and reprehensible, and she goes ahead anyway. By impossible, I mean literally. She cannot achieve her goals. And this is demonstrated again and again. And that there are such demonstrations is a vital part of her appeal. The requirements aren't just thought, they are attempted. Again and again. And not weakly. She maintains that if her requirements cannot be met, then she must be without purpose. Not just will be, but must be. So all force is used.

Introverted judgement FTW.

With extroverted expression.

And boobies.

EDIT: also, she's aware of the contradictions. That's part of the appeal. She's aware, or appears to be aware that she has no chance, but she proceeds anyway, and creates her chance. If she were not aware, she'd be pathetic. As it is, I suppose objectively she is pathetic anyway. Except, and this is the vital exception, something is present that gives her enough presence that change might come.

Etc.

Objective vs subjective, and the suggestion that substance may so powerfully arise from the subjective that the objective will change. Which of course it won't. Except that it will. And so on.

EDIT #2: if it's not plain, I am and have been projecting mightily. Callisto may be none of these things. But I enjoyed the character for those reasons. And images.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I think what she wants is encompassed by a single goal; very simply, she wants peace of mind. As a focal point, she believes that if she kills Xena or at least causes her to suffer it will ease her own suffering. Vengeance-driven. Rationality be damned.

And of course, boobies + leather. FTW.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Still..I love the show coz it can laugh at itself, it's filled with action and at the same time filled with profound self-reflection.

I do agree though. Leather helps.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Callisto...

I'm few at this compared to mostly everyone here but i'm gonna give it a shot anyway...

INFJ. VERY VERY VERY unhealthy INFJ (understandably) and therefore a negative version of her shadow ESTP.

I'm probably way off.. but it seems plausible to me.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Another Xena thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-hercules.html

Xena: ISTP
    Gabrielle: ENFP
    Autolycus : ENTP
    Joxer: ESFP (maybe ISFP)
    Aphrodiety: ESFP

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Agree with all except for joxer. ESFP?? Really?? The man coudln't put one foot in front of the other if his life depended on it and you wanna give him primary Se?
    Agreed that he smells like Fi, but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.

I'm going to go for ISxJ. I'd say he's an Si-dom. He remembers the darnest things and always wants the girls to be careful (just isn't careful himself as he feels it's his duty to be the protector). Due to the Fi he's oozing, my preference is towards ISTJ, though I'm not sure I've seen much effective Te from him just yet...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Agree with all except for joxer. ESFP?? Really?? The man coudln't put one foot in front of the other if his life depended on it and you wanna give him primary Se?
    Agreed that he smells like Fi, but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.

I'm going to go for ISxJ. I'd say he's an Si-dom. He remembers the darnest things and always wants the girls to be careful (just isn't careful himself as he feels it's his duty to be the protector). Due to the Fi he's oozing, my preference is towards ISTJ, though I'm not sure I've seen much effective Te from him just yet...
    I like/agree with that about IxxJ...my IxxJ brother always wanted to protect me, yet he couldnt even control himself or be careful in the slightest.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    If the character functions and thinks like and ESFP, does it then change him completly if the writers make him clumsy to foil Xena's competence and create comedic relief?
    I see Se as basically being "a spade is a spade" type of thinking, not being a natural born athlete. He likes Se things like dance, song and adventure, which indicate that he's expressive and unstructured which, in turn suggests he's not ITJ, maybe not even IJ.

Agreed that he smells like Fi,
    yeah

but he also has that whole hero, must save the damsel in destress thing going for him, as well as wanting traditional stuff.
    I can see that as his Fi values telling him how things should be, and who it is that someone needs to be in order to be liked and loved. Unfortunatley, that means his Fi has decided to suppress itself, leaving him with nothing he is good at. he's the looser because he tries and fails to be someone he's not.

I think that's Joxer trying to be something he's not, which is why he's so bad at it. His virtue is how sweet, kind and friendly he is. He's a very innocent, sensitive and gentle person, which is the opposite of who he pretends to be. He also values being charismatic and suave, things which suggest at least F or E.
    I can't really see an ISxJ making up a song about themselves, or bursting into a brothel and causing a group sing a long. This scene is important because it displays him being natural; a fun and attention loving, super friendly guy. He's also quick to make friends when he isn't annoying people by being so clumsy, like that time he was in a cell and quickyl started a conversaion/game with the guard.

I can see Si in him wanting to be being caring of others. Even in STJs, Si seems to be a mother hen function.

If he's an ISJ, i'd say he's ISFJ. I see him as very F driven. But when broken down into actualy functions, it's Fi he seems to use, not Fe. so .

Really ESFP for Joxer is more a working title. He could be something else, my next guess is ISFP. I'm not convinced on the ISJ thing, but i'll think about is next time i watch and episode.