• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Celebrity Chefs

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Heston Blumenthal: INFP
Gordon Ramsay: ENTJ
Nigella Lawson: ISFP
Hugh Fearnely-Whittingstall: ENFP
Jamie Oliver: ESFP

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Emeril Lagasse?

ESTP?

He is loud, and makes things go bam, and doesn't really measure things out...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Giada De Laurentiis

I'm thinking ESFJ

Rachel Ray - ?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Emeril Lagasse?

ESTP?

He is loud, and makes things go bam, and doesn't really measure things out...
LoL. Just what I was thinking..

Rachel.. she gives me ESFP vibes.. She could be ISFP since I remember her mentioning how she was a bit introverted/shy as a kid, something like that, but she's kinda too loud to be introverted. (I like her personality though).

Giada seems ESFJ-ish..

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LoL. Just what I was thinking..

Rachel.. she gives me ESFP vibes.. She could be ISFP since I remember her mentioning how she was a bit introverted/shy as a kid, something like that.

Giada seems ESFJ-ish..

Hmm.....ISFP rachel ray
Giada-ESFJ

Yes.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Giada is very big into her family traditions and heritage, so I would think that she would be some sort of SJ, but would most likely be an ESFJ.

Rachel Ray is anything but an introvert now. You can't pretend to be an extrovert and be that loud. I think she is an ESFP.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Hmm.....ISFP rachel ray
Giada-ESFJ

Yes.

I had to add in the "I like her part" not necessarily the 30 minute recipes (which I doubt take 30 mintues to make)- Kuddos to the woman for her entrepreneurial skillz!!

Yes- Giada is an ESFJ (a healthy one, I think).

They're both lucky.. they get paid to travel & eat. LoL!

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
They really are lucky.

Is Gordon Ramsay really an ENTJ? I have never watched the show, but I think he seems too petty and volatile to be an ENTJ. If that is what people know ENTJs to be, no wonder they don't like us...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rachel Ray is anything but an introvert now. You can't pretend to be an extrovert and be that loud. I think she is an ESFP.

She is loud - but she isn't talking to every body and engaging
I could see her as an Extrovert.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Rachael Ray - ESFP - there is no way that woman is an introvert
Giada DeLaurentiis - ESFJ

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
IDK who Gordon is? I tend to like the UK chefs a lot for some reason.. don't watch as much TV anymore..

Ina (Barefoot Contessa) is ISFX? I wish she was my grandma.. I LOVE her. She looks like she bakes really good meals and gives really GREAT HUGS! :hug: Ina..

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Ina (Barefoot Contessa) is ISFX? I wish she was my grandma.. I LOVE her. She looks like she bakes really good meals and gives really GREAT HUGS! :hug: Ina..
Yeah, but she follows Giada. That's a tough act to follow, if you know what I mean...:newwink:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Paula Dean: ESFJ

I'd say Ina is ISFJ. She's relaxing, but also sometimes coma-ifying. Sometimes the Stepford-ness of her life scares me too.

I agree with the Rachel Ray ESFP and the Giada ESFJ guesses (watching her sloooooowly do everything absolutely perfectly is sort of hilarious, mostly painful- no wonder her show has to skip forward all the time).

Anyone watched Iron Chef? (I've seen some America and tons of Japan)
Bobby Flay: ESTP

What do y'all say to Jacques Pepin? Some sort of IxFj, I think.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Is Gordon Ramsay really an ENTJ? I have never watched the show, but I think he seems too petty and volatile to be an ENTJ. If that is what people know ENTJs to be, no wonder they don't like us...

I think Ramsay is an ENTJ, but I wouldn't if I had seen only his US/Fox shows. He really seems to be playing a character in those shows - a narrowed and exaggerated version of himself. In the UK Kitchen Nightmares show he is pretty textbook ENTJ (and much, much more tolerable in general), as he also is in his F Word show - also UK based. I'm quite fascinated by Gordon (and anyone who says it's just because I want to make sweet love to him in a big tub of perfectly sauteed shallots ... is lying!!!), but his US shows are disappointing crap. Of course, I still watch them all. ;)

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I'm quite fascinated by Gordon (and anyone who says it's just because I want to make sweet love to him in a big tub of perfectly sauteed shallots ... is lying!!!), but his US shows are disappointing crap. Of course, I still watch them all. ;)
Hahaheheh.. Creative sexual fantasies, I must say.. cute!! :laugh:

I agree. Flay seems ESTP. What about Anthony Bourdain? I wanna say EXTP, probably ENTP.. he has that kind of cool, rebellious streak to him, sorta like a lone-wolf who doesn't give a damn (but really does deep down inside). :)

Ina- sometimes I question whether or not what we see on television (kitchen/house being all spic & span if it really is like that IRL). Everytime I see her on TV or on the cover of a book, makes me want to give her a hug. Love you Ina! :heart:

Pepin? He's really passionate about his food in a romantic kind of Parisian sense.. as if it's his zest & flair for life. I think he's IxFJ. I wish we can keep him in a time capsule. Truly amazing.. ;D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think we have discussed Anthony Bourdain's type before: Here it is. I stand by ESTP.

I watch a lot of TV cooking. Anyone got a clue on Julia Child?

Viv said:
Ina- sometimes I question whether or not what we see on television (kitchen/house being all spic & span if it really is like that IRL). Everytime I see her on TV or on the cover of a book, makes me want to give her a hug. Love you Ina!

Well, yeah, it is television. But sometimes I wonder, you know. Like watching Ina and Martha Stewart and such. Is this really the image of what we should (according to society) aspire to? How people really live? How TV producers think we should aspire to really live?

Especially Martha Stewart. All that decorating for the sake of... decorating. Buying M&Ms just the express purpose of putting it in decorative jars. Like, wtf. Cooking things that take half a billion steps over several hours of the day. Seriously wow, a different world. I'm just too working class I think.

I call Paula Dean as my TV granny. She's really funny and lively. I am both appalled and fascinated by her usage of butter and mayonnaise. It's kind of inspiring too how she used to be an extreme agoraphobe.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alton brown, mario batali, nigel slater, thomas keller,charley trotter, morimoto, cora, the oregon guy on iron chef, rick bayless, others?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alton Brown = INTP

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, Alton is definitely an INTPish looking guy. I'd be curious to know what Batali is... I'd almost say he acts NFJish, but that's just a wild guess.