Rachael Ray - ESFP - there is no way that woman is an introvert
    Giada DeLaurentiis - ESFJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

IDK who Gordon is? I tend to like the UK chefs a lot for some reason.. don't watch as much TV anymore..

Ina (Barefoot Contessa) is ISFX? I wish she was my grandma.. I LOVE her. She looks like she bakes really good meals and gives really GREAT HUGS! Ina..

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Ina (Barefoot Contessa) is ISFX? I wish she was my grandma.. I LOVE her. She looks like she bakes really good meals and gives really GREAT HUGS! Ina..
    Yeah, but she follows Giada. That's a tough act to follow, if you know what I mean...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Paula Dean: ESFJ

I'd say Ina is ISFJ. She's relaxing, but also sometimes coma-ifying. Sometimes the Stepford-ness of her life scares me too.

I agree with the Rachel Ray ESFP and the Giada ESFJ guesses (watching her sloooooowly do everything absolutely perfectly is sort of hilarious, mostly painful- no wonder her show has to skip forward all the time).

Anyone watched Iron Chef? (I've seen some America and tons of Japan)
    Bobby Flay: ESTP

What do y'all say to Jacques Pepin? Some sort of IxFj, I think.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Is Gordon Ramsay really an ENTJ? I have never watched the show, but I think he seems too petty and volatile to be an ENTJ. If that is what people know ENTJs to be, no wonder they don't like us...
    I think Ramsay is an ENTJ, but I wouldn't if I had seen only his US/Fox shows. He really seems to be playing a character in those shows - a narrowed and exaggerated version of himself. In the UK Kitchen Nightmares show he is pretty textbook ENTJ (and much, much more tolerable in general), as he also is in his F Word show - also UK based. I'm quite fascinated by Gordon (and anyone who says it's just because I want to make sweet love to him in a big tub of perfectly sauteed shallots ... is lying!!!), but his US shows are disappointing crap. Of course, I still watch them all.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I'm quite fascinated by Gordon (and anyone who says it's just because I want to make sweet love to him in a big tub of perfectly sauteed shallots ... is lying!!!), but his US shows are disappointing crap. Of course, I still watch them all.
    Hahaheheh.. Creative sexual fantasies, I must say.. cute!!

I agree. Flay seems ESTP. What about Anthony Bourdain? I wanna say EXTP, probably ENTP.. he has that kind of cool, rebellious streak to him, sorta like a lone-wolf who doesn't give a damn (but really does deep down inside).

Ina- sometimes I question whether or not what we see on television (kitchen/house being all spic & span if it really is like that IRL). Everytime I see her on TV or on the cover of a book, makes me want to give her a hug. Love you Ina!

Pepin? He's really passionate about his food in a romantic kind of Parisian sense.. as if it's his zest & flair for life. I think he's IxFJ. I wish we can keep him in a time capsule. Truly amazing.. ;D

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I think we have discussed Anthony Bourdain's type before: Here it is. I stand by ESTP.

I watch a lot of TV cooking. Anyone got a clue on Julia Child?

Quote Originally Posted by Viv
    Ina- sometimes I question whether or not what we see on television (kitchen/house being all spic & span if it really is like that IRL). Everytime I see her on TV or on the cover of a book, makes me want to give her a hug. Love you Ina!
    Well, yeah, it is television. But sometimes I wonder, you know. Like watching Ina and Martha Stewart and such. Is this really the image of what we should (according to society) aspire to? How people really live? How TV producers think we should aspire to really live?

Especially Martha Stewart. All that decorating for the sake of... decorating. Buying M&Ms just the express purpose of putting it in decorative jars. Like, wtf. Cooking things that take half a billion steps over several hours of the day. Seriously wow, a different world. I'm just too working class I think.

I call Paula Dean as my TV granny. She's really funny and lively. I am both appalled and fascinated by her usage of butter and mayonnaise. It's kind of inspiring too how she used to be an extreme agoraphobe.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

alton brown, mario batali, nigel slater, thomas keller,charley trotter, morimoto, cora, the oregon guy on iron chef, rick bayless, others?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Alton Brown = INTP
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Yeah, Alton is definitely an INTPish looking guy. I'd be curious to know what Batali is... I'd almost say he acts NFJish, but that's just a wild guess.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.