User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Angelina Jolie's type

What say you to Angelina Jolie as an ESTP?

Inside the Actor's Studio, part 1

She strikes me as having been a poster child for Extroverted Sensing in her early years - impulsive, thrill-seeking and overtly sexual - and she seems definitely T in the interview.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    What say you to Angelina Jolie as an ESTP?

Inside the Actor's Studio, part 1

She strikes me as having been a poster child for Extroverted Sensing in her early years - impulsive, thrill-seeking and overtly sexual - and she seems definitely T in the interview.
    One thing I noticed is that she seems to gesture properly, display emotions in the right places, has plenty of comments, recalls information rapidly, and usually seems to have clothing that is well coordinated. I tend to assume that an ESTP wouldn't be that intelligent, or articulate. A few quotes from her, however, suggest that she actually expresses her other sides through her characters, and sometimes wishes she were somewhere else. Also, she got pleasure out of cutting herself, and the idea of being a vampire. A fascination with death doesn't seem very "here and now." That implies that she has a lot of imagination. Then again, maybe I'm just seeing her inferior Ni coming through? I mean, her imaginings don't seem at all healthy. It's hard to say.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    One thing I noticed is that she seems to gesture properly, display emotions in the right places, has plenty of comments, recalls information rapidly, and usually seems to have clothing that is well coordinated. I tend to assume that an ESTP wouldn't be that intelligent, or articulate.
    If everyone who shows intelligence 'can't' be a Sensor, then of course that assumption would stand. Sensors can be extremely intelligent, however generalized prejudicial positions are a sign of ignorance. (i'm responding more to the general persistence of this assumption than to your statement in isolation.)

I'd place my bets on ESTP as well. As far as clothing is concerned - she is a celebrity. She has staff to take care of that. The ability to display emotion at the right time means she is good at PR.

The stereotype of the ESTP is that of a conman. If such people aren't ever intelligent, what does that say for the rest who get fooled by them?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    If everyone who shows intelligence 'can't' be a Sensor, then of course that assumption would stand. Sensors can be extremely intelligent, however generalized prejudicial positions are a sign of ignorance.
    I wasn't assuming that because she was a sensor, I was assuming that because she was specifically SP. I tend to assume that SJ's are reasonably intelligent because they have good memories and evaluate things against standards. I assume NP's are intelligent because they can see patterns in things. I assume NJ's are intelligent because they can see things from different perspectives.

I believe she could be an ESTP, I was just not expecting an ESTP to be able to mask their general lack of higher processes so well.
    (I might be a little biased against them because I'm an INFJ, and I'm obviously going to expect that an ESTP is disgusting and insane. It's just natural for me to do so.)

However, I assume that SP's just perceive and react to what's obviously going on around them, and can't think ahead without great effort. They don't even value or process things, they just react. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just personally couldn't respect or like anyone who behaved that way.

Having researched her more completely, I believe she might be ESTP, but am impressed by her ability to pretend to appear reasonably sociable and humane for the length of the interview. I had no idea they were that good. Now I can see how they would make good con men. I just expect SP's to be the people who run around starting fights, learning to read later than other people, and lacking the ability to pay attention in class. I also expected them to be good at sports, working with tools, and dealing with a situation using the resources at hand.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I had thought ISTP before, but you're right, ESTP probably fits better...Se is pretty evident, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The stereotype of the ESTP is that of a conman. If such people aren't ever intelligent, what does that say for the rest who get fooled by them?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wasn't assuming that because she was a sensor, I was assuming that because she was specifically SP. I tend to assume that SJ's are reasonably intelligent because they have good memories and evaluate things against standards. I assume NP's are intelligent because they can see patterns in things. I assume NJ's are intelligent because they can see things from different perspectives.

However, I assume that SP's just perceive and react to what's obviously going on around them, and can't think ahead without great effort. They don't even value or process things, they just react. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I just personally couldn't respect or like anyone who behaved that way.
    Of course, all Fs are incapable of using logic anyway so your opinions on the intelligence of others can hardly be considered valid.

(/sarcasm, if it wasn't completely obvious...)

MBTI
    INTJ

I believe she could be an ESTP, I was just not expecting an ESTP to be able to mask their general lack of higher processes so well.
    (I might be a little biased against them because I'm an INFJ,
    I nominate this for understatement of the year.

and I'm obviously going to expect that an ESTP is disgusting and insane. It's just natural for me to do so.)
    athenian200, your prejudicial and degrading comments about other types border on hate speech at times like these. If the above comment was intended as a joke, I suggest you clarify, otherwise: See a therapist.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    IEE

that's rough... i think she's changed a lot since her younger years though.. she's doing a lot a lot of humanitarian work now... and watch this interview!! she looks pretty F to me... she might just have been unhealthy before?

YouTube - Angelina Jolie

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a brother-in-law ESTP who has his own unique approach to humanitarianism. He once saw a couple of kids making fun of a Downs Syndrome child, so he walked up to them, knocked the two kids heads together - HARD - and gingerly walked away never saying a word.

He's basically 'action man', and is plenty intelligent. He's in the military and has no tolerance for CO who are not competent. I haven't interacted with him that much, but i remember family conversations about current internet scams and noticed it seemed important to him to know about all of them and how to avoid getting taken in. Many of his anecdotes are about dangerous situations and how he avoided harm. He has also been charitable to people, but never if they can fend for themselves. It's about directness, action, clever solutions, in the thick of the action. The ESTP charity is about identifying an actual need (not a scam), finding a clever solution, acting now, then moving on.

I'm surprised INFJs don't value the ESTP. The INFJ senses the motives in people, but the ESTP can identify all the false tricks. The INFJ will analyze the situation from every possible perspective while the ESTP acts. The two could potentially work quite well in tandem, assuming they have mutual respect and goals.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    IEE

YouTube - Angelina Jolie Inside Actor's Studio Interview (Part 2)
    she really values honesty, she believes in fate, she believes in instinct, she has many tattoos, she likes traveling