User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Mr. Darcy is INTJ. Elizabeth is INFJ in the book, but was played as an ENFP in the recent movie.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Any guesses on the oldest sister Jane Bennett's type? She's the only one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Any guesses on the oldest sister Jane Bennett's type? She's the only one that hasn't been mentioned yet.
    We went into it some here:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...e-theatre.html

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    ISFJ would be mine.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

“I do not have the talent of conversing easily with people I have never met before” ~Darcy

INTJ to the core

*swoon*

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5W6
    Socionics
    intp

Default Darcy Not Intuitive

Why is it automatically assumed that Darcy is intuitive? I see this at every MBTI site but he is anything but that. If intuition can be defined as the ability to recognize patterns and possibilities without the need for readily apparent facts and details, then Darcy fails miserably as an intuitive type. While everyone in the book can see that Jane is in love with Bingley, he needs a smack upside the head from Elizabeth to see it. Nor can he even intuit his own love for Elizabeth. When she asks him how he can account for his love of her he replies, "I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”

Intuitives see foundation principles long before supporting facts, yet here he admits that only after a long succession of events could he see his feelings. No Eureka moment. And as great as the book is Jane Austen does not ever really develop Darcy's interests. He manages his affairs, avoids dancing, and rides his horse quite a bit.

So where is the evidence of intuition?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Merged Pride and Prejudice threads.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Darcy: INTJ or ISTJ. WaveFlipper makes a good point about Darcy... I'm leaning more toward ISTJ because of that, even though my initial reaction was INTJ.

Lizzy: ENFP in both movie and book. I don't think she's an I, even though she enjoys time by herself. She reacts and makes decisions very quickly; she doesn't take time to ponder them like an I would.

Jane: INFP.

Mr. Bingley: ESFP. He's definitely a sensor (this becomes more obvious in the book.) Lydia is also ESFP, along with the other sister she's always with (her name is slipping my mind at the moment.)

Mrs. Bennet: ESFJ.

Mr. Bennett: INTP.

Kitty: ISFJ? Maybe.

Miss Bennet (Bingley's sister): ENTJ.

Ever since getting into MBTI, I can no longer read a book or watch a movie without typing everyone in my mind.
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."
    Likes Alassea liked this post

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by michL87 View Post
    Ever since getting into MBTI, I can no longer read a book or watch a movie without typing everyone in my mind.
    Same, although getting my English degree makes me critically analyse whatever books or movies/TV I come across anyway.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    Same, although getting my English degree makes me critically analyse whatever books or movies/TV I come across anyway.
    I'm an English Major, too
    I'm always looking for foreshadowing, symbolism, etc. when I watch something. One time I pointed out a symbol from a movie to my family and they thought I was crazy --- they just don't know to analyze everything!

Anyway, back on topic, I'm mid-way through re-reading Pride and Prejudice (I read it when I was much younger, but don't remember much now except for what I saw in the movie), and right now I'm thinking Lizzy might be more "S" than "N," although I'll try giving my opinion after finishing the book

I could see her as ESFP. We'll see.

Edit: What type do you all think Mr. Collins is??? ESTJ? (A really socially awkward one...)
    Last edited by michL87; 06-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    "Imagination creates beauty, hope, magic, and happiness, which are everything in this world."