• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Laura Linney

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's HAWT.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
No one knows or has any idea?

In Emily Rose she was an ESTJ because of the way that her character was written, like her need for tangible evidence to convince her of the existence of God. In Primal Fear she was defiantly Te, but I think she was closer to ENTJ- - it could have been the way that they wrote the character, but I saw a lot of similarities in between us when she did this role.

Can she be on the ENTJ team? Please!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, not ENTJ.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She's pretty warm in interviews, but restrained.

Some sort of I_F_ I'd guess.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I know a few Tes that fit that bill. I'll look into watching some.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
YouTube - Laura Linney Interview

This is the first one I brought up and I think that she is E_TJ here.

"My nomination will keep it in theaters for longer... The distributor will be behind it more, and it won't evaporate."

“16 or 17 hour days… I don’t need to suffer for my art.”

She is very concise in her answers, and is on the ball. She is warm, but rational.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
....When you do make a determination I'd be interested to know how she compares to a Michelle Pfeiffer or Amy Irving....Like Laura they also seem to me to be "Ice Queens" of a sort. That is, I can't find any real sense of emotion underlying their actions onscreen. It always seems very much like they pull on a cloak of emotion for acting but it just doesn't cover...Laurence Olivier seemed to be like this to me as well.

Perhaps it is indicative of american actresses generally?

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
....When you do make a determination I'd be interested to know how she compares to a Michelle Pfeiffer or Amy Irving....Like Laura they also seem to me to be "Ice Queens" of a sort. That is, I can't find any real sense of emotion underlying their actions onscreen. It always seems very much like they pull on a cloak of emotion for acting but it just doesn't cover...Laurence Olivier seemed to be like this to me as well.

Perhaps it is indicative of american actresses generally?

So, you would say that they are some form of T, correct?

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
So, you would say that they are some form of T, correct?

....I have to admit (as I have before) that I have an insufficient knowledge of type theory to render a useful opinion...I can only offer what I have observed as fodder for those who have can actually apply the theory to a subject. Sorry.

I find your post interesting as a way to expand my insight into the theory though....

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
....I have to admit (as I have before) that I have an insufficient knowledge of type theory to render a useful opinion...I can only offer what I have observed as fodder for those who have can actually apply the theory to a subject. Sorry.

I find your post interesting as a way to expand my insight into the theory though....

Ok, I will let you know when we come up with a type. :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
She's pretty warm in interviews, but restrained.

Some sort of I_F_ I'd guess.

Definitely not. The only thing F about her is that she does that weird smile/stare that starts to seem a bit awkward and fake after she keeps doing it for no reason. Like she wants to look 'nice.'

....When you do make a determination I'd be interested to know how she compares to a Michelle Pfeiffer or Amy Irving....Like Laura they also seem to me to be "Ice Queens" of a sort.

She reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer in a way, but not totally. I think Pfeiffer is an ESTP because she seems very cunning and smooth. Linney, OTOH, seems more controlling and rigid. The way that she makes sure that she doesn't get interrupted by the interviewer and her curt answers (followed by a full answer after further prompting) seems very J to me. And you're right, it doesn't seem like she has any warmth underneath her characters or her public persona. In fact, it's like she tries to display warmth on the surface, but she really is, as you say, an "ice queen."

Will someone give me a second opinion?

I say ESTJ or ENTJ. She comes off as very practical and rational, and her demeanor in general strikes me as fairly domineering. Like she already knows what's going to be asked, and she already knows how she's going to answer, and she's not going to deviate from that or be toyed with by the interviewer. And she doesn't seem to care too much for joking around...she gives the courtesy laugh, but nothing more is forthcoming.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Definitely not. The only thing F about her is that she does that weird smile/stare that starts to seem a bit awkward and fake after she keeps doing it for no reason. Like she wants to look 'nice.'
Heh, maybe she was drunk in the interview I saw!

MBTI Type
ENTP
In Emily Rose she was an ESTJ because of the way that her character was written, like her need for tangible evidence to convince her of the existence of God. In Primal Fear she was defiantly Te, but I think she was closer to ENTJ- - it could have been the way that they wrote the character, but I saw a lot of similarities in between us when she did this role.
So you think she must be ESTJ or ENTJ because she played characters that might be ESTJ or ENTJ?

I say ESTJ or ENTJ. She comes off as very practical and rational, and her demeanor in general strikes me as fairly domineering. Like she already knows what's going to be asked, and she already knows how she's going to answer, and she's not going to deviate from that or be toyed with by the interviewer. And she doesn't seem to care too much for joking around...she gives the courtesy laugh, but nothing more is forthcoming.

I'll guess ISTJ, and btw she probably does know what's going to be asked.

The chance of an actress, much less a career actress, being ENTJ is probably less than for the female population as a whole.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
So you think she must be ESTJ or ENTJ because she played characters that might be ESTJ or ENTJ?

I'll guess ISTJ.

The chance of an actress, much less a career actress, being ENTJ is probably less than for the female population as a whole.

I think she is an E_TJ because of the way that she acts in during the interview, and if she plays a role well and often, than I do think that it is an indication of her type.

What about Candace Bergen? Sigourney Weaver? They are both ENTJ actresses.

What makes you think ISTJ?