User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Laura Linney

  1. #11
    HUZZAH! Bougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    ....When you do make a determination I'd be interested to know how she compares to a Michelle Pfeiffer or Amy Irving....Like Laura they also seem to me to be "Ice Queens" of a sort. That is, I can't find any real sense of emotion underlying their actions onscreen. It always seems very much like they pull on a cloak of emotion for acting but it just doesn't cover...Laurence Olivier seemed to be like this to me as well.

    Perhaps it is indicative of american actresses generally?
    So, you would say that they are some form of T, correct?


    Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

  2. #12
    Senior Member Hirsch63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    So, you would say that they are some form of T, correct?
    ....I have to admit (as I have before) that I have an insufficient knowledge of type theory to render a useful opinion...I can only offer what I have observed as fodder for those who have can actually apply the theory to a subject. Sorry.

    I find your post interesting as a way to expand my insight into the theory though....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

  3. #13
    HUZZAH! Bougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    ....I have to admit (as I have before) that I have an insufficient knowledge of type theory to render a useful opinion...I can only offer what I have observed as fodder for those who have can actually apply the theory to a subject. Sorry.

    I find your post interesting as a way to expand my insight into the theory though....

    Ok, I will let you know when we come up with a type.


    Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

  4. #14
    HUZZAH! Bougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Will someone give me a second opinion?


    Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

  5. #15
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    She's pretty warm in interviews, but restrained.

    Some sort of I_F_ I'd guess.
    Definitely not. The only thing F about her is that she does that weird smile/stare that starts to seem a bit awkward and fake after she keeps doing it for no reason. Like she wants to look 'nice.'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirsch63 View Post
    ....When you do make a determination I'd be interested to know how she compares to a Michelle Pfeiffer or Amy Irving....Like Laura they also seem to me to be "Ice Queens" of a sort.
    She reminds me of Michelle Pfeiffer in a way, but not totally. I think Pfeiffer is an ESTP because she seems very cunning and smooth. Linney, OTOH, seems more controlling and rigid. The way that she makes sure that she doesn't get interrupted by the interviewer and her curt answers (followed by a full answer after further prompting) seems very J to me. And you're right, it doesn't seem like she has any warmth underneath her characters or her public persona. In fact, it's like she tries to display warmth on the surface, but she really is, as you say, an "ice queen."

    Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    Will someone give me a second opinion?
    I say ESTJ or ENTJ. She comes off as very practical and rational, and her demeanor in general strikes me as fairly domineering. Like she already knows what's going to be asked, and she already knows how she's going to answer, and she's not going to deviate from that or be toyed with by the interviewer. And she doesn't seem to care too much for joking around...she gives the courtesy laugh, but nothing more is forthcoming.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Definitely not. The only thing F about her is that she does that weird smile/stare that starts to seem a bit awkward and fake after she keeps doing it for no reason. Like she wants to look 'nice.'
    Heh, maybe she was drunk in the interview I saw!

  7. #17
    / booyalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    In Emily Rose she was an ESTJ because of the way that her character was written, like her need for tangible evidence to convince her of the existence of God. In Primal Fear she was defiantly Te, but I think she was closer to ENTJ- - it could have been the way that they wrote the character, but I saw a lot of similarities in between us when she did this role.
    So you think she must be ESTJ or ENTJ because she played characters that might be ESTJ or ENTJ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

    I say ESTJ or ENTJ. She comes off as very practical and rational, and her demeanor in general strikes me as fairly domineering. Like she already knows what's going to be asked, and she already knows how she's going to answer, and she's not going to deviate from that or be toyed with by the interviewer. And she doesn't seem to care too much for joking around...she gives the courtesy laugh, but nothing more is forthcoming.
    I'll guess ISTJ, and btw she probably does know what's going to be asked.

    The chance of an actress, much less a career actress, being ENTJ is probably less than for the female population as a whole.
    I don't wanna!

  8. #18
    HUZZAH! Bougal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    So you think she must be ESTJ or ENTJ because she played characters that might be ESTJ or ENTJ?

    I'll guess ISTJ.

    The chance of an actress, much less a career actress, being ENTJ is probably less than for the female population as a whole.
    I think she is an E_TJ because of the way that she acts in during the interview, and if she plays a role well and often, than I do think that it is an indication of her type.

    What about Candace Bergen? Sigourney Weaver? They are both ENTJ actresses.

    What makes you think ISTJ?


    Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

Similar Threads

  1. Right winger Laura Ingraham is revealed to be pro-Nazi
    By Julius_Van_Der_Beak in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2017, 06:06 PM
  2. Dr. Laura
    By sleuthiness in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
  3. Replies: 112
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
  4. Laura, the ENTJ.
    By PurpleCloud in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO