• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bulletpoints for Socrates as INTP or ENTP

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Dear all,

I know that we have discussed this several times earlier. I do not expect us to come to an agreement, but I would appreciate it if the users with an opinion on the subject would post their arguments for Socrates as eigther INTP or ENTP, preferably in bullet-point form.

I'll start:

INTP: Indulged in solitary meditations where he neglected his appearance and social appointments.

INTP: Very Ti-driven in dissecting the arguments of others.

ENTP: Died talking, and died of talking.

ENTP: Philosophical doctrine is extensive rather than deep.

Etc.

PS: To the people who would problematize the historical source material on Socrates, these are the sources that I consider the most historically acurate:

* Apology * Charmides * Crito * Euthyphro * Ion * Laches
* Lesser Hippias * Lysis * Menexenus * Protagoras

Works that _cannot_ be used to type the historical Socrates:

* Republic * Laws

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear all,

I know that we have discussed this several times earlier. I do not expect us to come to an agreement, but I would appreciate it if the users with an opinion on the subject would post their arguments for Socrates as eigther INTP or ENTP, preferably in bullet-point form.

I'll start:

INTP: Indulged in solitary meditations where he neglected his appearance and social appointments.

Etc.

PS: To the people who would problematize the historical source material on Socrates, these are the sources that I consider the most historically acurate:

* Republic * Laws

Well atleast we agree he was NTP so hahahahahaha NTJs! :yes:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
an INTP would act extraverted when drinking as much and as often as Socrates did.... so, difficult to tell

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
is that true for all introverted types do you know?

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
is that true for all introverted types do you know?

I definitely know this to be true for most INT's and IST's. But I have absolutely no idea about INF's or ISF's.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Socrates is violently rolling around in his grave right now at the suggestion that he wasn't an INTP.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Socrates was told to always be running around in the market place arguing for sports.
He never had the patience to write anything, plato actually had to do all the 'serious work' for him.

Plato seems more of an INTJ, maybe INTP.
The effect socrates had on him and the dynamic of their relation reminds me very much of the effect I have on my intp and intj friends.

Additionaly, If socrates was an introvert, his interpretation and translation of socrates' teachings could feel introvertish, but all the stories about his social life in athens are pretty much E traits.

His general patern really reminds me of an entp.

Also socrates had been said to be really ugly, this might have given him some apparently I traits.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
He never had the patience to write anything, plato actually had to do all the 'serious work' for him.

That's because only slaves were scribes in ancient Greece.... very few scholars in Athens had the ability to write. They presented everything orally.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought of one against him being an ENTP.

Socrates is known for being extremely modest which would be very unusual for an ENTP.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Dear all,

I'll start:

Etc.

* Republic * Laws

I'm curious about how one would be able to type Socrates without actually observing his projected personality.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
an INTP would act extraverted when drinking as much and as often as Socrates did.... so, difficult to tell

Interestingly, however, it was drinking that stopped him from talking.

Proselyte

MBTI Type
EPIC
I read that he is E because he seems I through Plato, who was I. I personally feel that an Introvert like Plato would represent an Extrovert as a very big personality.
Anyway, Socrates never wrote anything down, which seems more an I because an Extrovert is focused on the outside world and would seek to record in the outside world anyway. Basically INTP is superior to ENTP.