• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barack & Michelle Obama's Type

What type is Obama

• ENFJ

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • INFJ

• INTJ

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISTP

• Total voters

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
My roomates and I recently did a comparison between Obama and Bill Clinton's inaugural adresses and came to the conclusion that Obama is an ENFP and Clinton is an ENTP.

I'm pretty sure the established consensus on Clinton is that he is and was an ESFP.

Obama is an ENFP fo 'sho.

S

Sniffles

I voted ENFJ, due to his charismatic leadership. Although it is interesting the description given on the one Frontline special about his life and character, saying he's pretty much a white glove over an iron fist.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His body language is most consistent with NT types. Probably ENTJ or INTJ.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Ok, let me break it down..

E - He's extroverted, I think this is the most obvious one. He loves to be around people, whether they be fans, friends, or other politicians.

N - He does think in terms of the "big picture". He's thinking years in advance in terms of the Iraq war.

T - He uses a very logical and analytical approach for the most part, and I don't see him really taking too many feelings into account in his decision-making. He's more of a straight-up logical thinker.

P - He's got all the P characteristics - he's laid back, he takes fun in his job, he's spontaneous, and he's a multitasker.

ENTP.

ENTP description from Wikipedia:

Myers-Briggs description

The ENTP has been described variously as the innovator,[9] the originator,[10] the lawyer,[11] the inventor,[12] the explorer,[13] and the visionary.[11] ENTPs also fall into the general categories of thinkers, rationals, and engineers.[14] Using their primary function-attitude of extraverted intuition (Ne), ENTPs are quick to see complex interrelationships between people, things, and ideas. These interrelationships are analyzed in profound detail through the ENTPs auxiliary function, introverted thinking (Ti). The result is an in-depth understanding of the way things and relationships work, and how they can be improved. To the ENTP, competence and intelligence are particularly prized, both in themselves and in other people.

ENTPs are frequently described as clever, cerebrally and verbally quick, enthusiastic, outgoing, innovative, flexible, loyal and resourceful. ENTPs are motivated by a desire to understand and improve the world they live in. They are usually accurate in sizing up a situation. They may have a perverse sense of humor and sometimes play devil's advocate, which can create misunderstandings with friends, coworkers, and family. ENTPs are ingenious and adept at directing relationships between means and ends. ENTPs "think outside the box," devising fresh, unexpected solutions to difficult problems. However, they are less interested in generating and following through with detailed plans than in generating ideas and possibilities. When ENTPs are used correctly on a team, they offer deep understanding and a high degree of flexibility and problem solving ability. The ENTP regards a comment like "it can't be done" as a personal challenge, and, if properly motivated, will spare no expense to discover a solution.

Fits that to a tee. ENTP, ENTp, ILE, Originator, whatever you want to call it - he's an ENTP through and through.

CopyPaste

MBTI Type
INFP
I've never seen anyone less ENFJ in my life.
Agreed. My Fi tells me he's like car salesmen I've met with a friendly face... err facade, and a deeper agenda. I definitely see N in him but not a genuine Fe.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
ENFP. he's not a robot, he cannot allow himself to be T.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
I voted INTJ. It seems to me like he's working just enough charisma and diplomacy to not get bashed as too cold and calculating. He uses tactfully displayed minimalist emotion in his speeches and stuff, always working the same smile because he's not too comfortable with it. I agree with ISTJ for Michelle. John McCain I believe is an ENFP.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJ Michelle
INFJ Obama

deleted
Good ol' Obama
Young-Obama-12.jpg
young-obama-smoking.jpg

I'm pretty certain he's FiSe / ISFP.

Not sure about his wife, INTJ makes sense though. They seem to share the same Ni/Fi wavelength.

deleted
I agree with anyone who thinks he's Fi. I'll even take ENFP lol (even though I think he's a good example of Fi/Se.) He's in no way Fe or Ti. I don't know where people go to learn the functions or if they just don't care. Meh...

Preference-wise he looks a little more J now that he's older.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with anyone who thinks he's Fi. I'll even take ENFP lol (even though I think he's a good representative of Fi/Se.) He's in no way Fe or Ti. I don't know where people go to learn the functions or if they just don't care. Meh...

Preference-wise he looks little more J now that he's older.

I don't know where you learned the functions, because you appear to be the same individual who was calling Britney Spears an ISFJ earlier. I believe you to be quite confused on the Fi/Fe issue.

Obama definitely has Fe..if he is not ENFJ (which is my first guess), then he is ENTP.

He compromises very well, and he is well-received internationally, I believe, due to his strength in Fe, and his ability to compromise actually pisses some liberals off, because they don't think he's tough enough.

Obama: so Fe.

deleted
Obama definitely has Fe..if he is not ENFJ (which is my first guess), then he is ENTP.

He compromises very well, and he is well-received internationally, I believe, due to his strength in Fe, and his ability to compromise actually pisses some liberals off, because they don't think he's tough enough.

You have a twisted view of things if you think compromise and being agreeable in business is inclusive to only one of the feeling types. That doesn't make him Fe. He's not like any Fe type I know of. I never said Spears has J behaviors, not sure why you're bringing that up. I did say she's definitely Fe with a more P-ish behavior. You think she has a strong use of Fi and Obama doesn't? You might want to try reading the functions some more.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You have a twisted view of things if you think compromise and being agreeable in business is inclusive to only one of the feeling types. That doesn't make him Fe. He's not like any Fe type I know of. I never said Spears has J behaviors, not sure why you're bringing that up. I did say she's definitely Fe. You think she has a strong use of Fi and Obama doesn't? You might want to try reading the functions some more.

Have you actually ever read Jung?

deleted
Have you? It's a good question.

If you have, then you might just be unfamiliar with Obama's personality. Try looking at more personal interviews and read about his past personality.

You should also try Lenore's book, its for more advanced MBTI users and doesn't over emphasize the preferences.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes I have and I am of the opinion that you have no idea what you're talking about, calling Obama ISFP.

I'm not sure I've ever seen such a terrible typing in my life.

deleted
First off, this may help understand ENFJs temperament better.

ENFJ Presidents:
Ronald Reagan
John F. Kennedy
Bill Clinton

Barrack Obama as ENTP? That's even worse. He's very Fi.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Bill Clinton, not ENFJ.

However, you do generally see Obama on lists with Abraham Lincoln and Reagan as ENFJ presidents.

So, no, overall ...not helpful.

deleted
Oh, they're on lists? You should have told me earlier.

Bill Clinton, not ENFJ.

However, you do generally see Obama on lists with Abraham Lincoln and Reagan as ENFJ presidents.

So, no, overall ...not helpful.

I believe they are all Fe/Ni, so check them out if you're interested. I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln was Fi/Ne.

I don't know of any other Fi/Se presidents off the top of my head. Interview-wise, Johnny Depp is also ISFP and a good comparison to Barrack Obama, though he's more coarse and socially inadept or politically incorrect in the way he comes across, but you get the exact same feel of Fi and the brisk straightforward Se. Depp's Se is a bit stronger.

Fi/Se types:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFSVG7jRp_g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt0eqVAwhP8

If you have any more questions, or want some more explanation, just feel free to ask / PM me. I don't like using preferences, especially like J and P, because they attempt to oversimplify the core of the personality that Jung emphasizes so well. Jung has a different perception of J and P anyway.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, they're on lists? You should have told me earlier.

Your sarcasm meter must be down, since my mentioning of lists was in response to yours - because your list doesn't prove anything.

Do you know Aleksei?