• ISFP

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 1.39%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I like to spend time and talk with people, in fact that is what I do a lot of the time I'm offline if I'm not working. But I'm definitely an introvert.

I wouldn't be so quick to label him T based on those reasons alone. We have no idea what is going on in his head and what he bases his decisions on. Not saying he is NF because I have doubts on that, but in a role like his one would need to at least appear to be logical.

Edit: I think he is close to the E/I and J/P lines, with preference for I and P.

As for him being ENTP, if he is, he is unlike any other I've known. I know many ENTPs personally and one attribute of theirs is a remarkable inability to understand how others view them. Obama is very understanding of his image and how people see him, and has been his whole life according to his autobiography.
    I don't know, you think he's an INFP then?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I don't know, you think he's an INFP then?
    That is the impression he gives in his memoir. I'm not going on his public image because public figures can look like any type. Dreams from My Father is a pretty moving book and is about his search for self and his true identity. It sounded like typical INFP soul searching and he didn't have a ghostwriter. Definitely nothing extraverted or logical about him at all in there and anyone who has read it will agree on that. He seemed pretty conflict avoidant and compromising throughout the whole thing. Especially telling was his reaction to his father -- silent withdrawal, although he idealized and desparately clung to him in his fantasies.

Just give him to us. You all know he is. Goofiness and all.

And to help you agree with me from the thread...

ENTP. He's very adaptable in his decision making process. He employs a wide spectrum of people from the left and right.
    It sounded like typical INFP soul searching and he didn't have a ghostwriter.
    Obama is very understanding of his image and how people see him, and has been his whole life according to his autobiography.
    I don't think I've ever seen Obama do something that wasn't calm and calculated
    So we are looking at a calculated but adaptable, even tempered idealist, who sees other's perspectives and understands them, and writes and soul searches like an INFP. Does it need to be more clear? Mistaking the same person for an ENTP and INFP is almost conclusive enough on its own.

Obama is not a traditionalist, and he isn't afraid to shake things up. He thinks old methods are faulty, and progressive innovation is the only applicable option. He isn't good at making decisions right away. He likes to collect all data first, and consider possible scenarios. He consults and trusts people of real merit, not those merely touted as exceptional. His choice in treasury is a great example. Inauguration speech, he mentioned there are those that want to remain conservative in the methods implemented for improvement. He then stated America could handle changes of large scale. He basically announced he didn't care what they thought. He's rational enough to accept ideas from anyone regardless of affiliation, as long as they are solid. He's a very abstract thinker that sees the potential in ideas and people.
    From this also I see inferior Si untraditional, not J because he takes time on decisions, Ne because of the big picture possibilities, Fi because he accepts ideas from anyone regardless of affiliation, as long as they are solid. (in practice I've never seen a Ti type be this neutral and adaptable.) And the last line is bolded because it is in most of the ENFP profiles .

And for entertainment, and for those who have no clues what an ENFP is apart from weird idiots who make too many smilies and send threads off course

Most Developed Skill

ENFPs strongest drive is thinking in possibilities - the patterns, connections, relationships (both people and ideas) and implications. Innovation, creativity and imagination are well developed. They adapt quickly, are resourceful and uninhibited about possible solutions. That is, they are not constrained by the traditional or normal view.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yea, I would tend to lean INFP too... or maybe enfp.. But if you watched the debates between him and mccain; It seemed to quite boring or watching two similar people talk.. The only difference was obama was quite "Vague" and Mccain had more details/strategy. which, In dark times, The person that is able to indentify with people through feelings: is usually the one that comes out on top.. Plus I've heard people complain about his "flowery- no substance speeches"; WHich this would steer me to think hes more of an "F"...
    "People often Find out the truth, when its too late!!!"

Introverted (I) 78.79% Intuitive (N) 61.54% Feeling (F) 65.85% Judging (J) 60.53%

MBTI
    ESTJ

Default Barack Obama

ENFP

Lasting_Pain

I think this has already been a thread in the past, but Barrack Obama is most likely a INTP or ENTP. Leaning towards an ENTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

isfj.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Threads merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    There seems to be a consensus of sorts on Barack's type with most believing him to be ENFJ.
    I've never seen anyone less ENFJ in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    isfj.
    I totally agree.