• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Barack & Michelle Obama's Type

What type is Obama

• ENFJ

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • ENFP

• ENTP

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • INFJ

• INTJ

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • ESFJ

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ESTJ

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • ESFP

• ESTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ISFP

• ISTP

• Total voters

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I like to spend time and talk with people, in fact that is what I do a lot of the time I'm offline if I'm not working. But I'm definitely an introvert.

I wouldn't be so quick to label him T based on those reasons alone. We have no idea what is going on in his head and what he bases his decisions on. Not saying he is NF because I have doubts on that, but in a role like his one would need to at least appear to be logical.

Edit: I think he is close to the E/I and J/P lines, with preference for I and P.

As for him being ENTP, if he is, he is unlike any other I've known. I know many ENTPs personally and one attribute of theirs is a remarkable inability to understand how others view them. Obama is very understanding of his image and how people see him, and has been his whole life according to his autobiography.

I don't know, you think he's an INFP then?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know, you think he's an INFP then?

That is the impression he gives in his memoir. I'm not going on his public image because public figures can look like any type. Dreams from My Father is a pretty moving book and is about his search for self and his true identity. It sounded like typical INFP soul searching and he didn't have a ghostwriter. Definitely nothing extraverted or logical about him at all in there and anyone who has read it will agree on that. He seemed pretty conflict avoidant and compromising throughout the whole thing. Especially telling was his reaction to his father -- silent withdrawal, although he idealized and desparately clung to him in his fantasies.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Just give him to us. You all know he is. Goofiness and all.

barack_obama_jeremiah_wright.jpg
senatorbarackobama1.jpg

And to help you agree with me from the thread...

ENTP. He's very adaptable in his decision making process. He employs a wide spectrum of people from the left and right.
It sounded like typical INFP soul searching and he didn't have a ghostwriter.
Obama is very understanding of his image and how people see him, and has been his whole life according to his autobiography.
I don't think I've ever seen Obama do something that wasn't calm and calculated

So we are looking at a calculated but adaptable, even tempered idealist, who sees other's perspectives and understands them, and writes and soul searches like an INFP. Does it need to be more clear? Mistaking the same person for an ENTP and INFP is almost conclusive enough on its own.

Obama is not a traditionalist, and he isn't afraid to shake things up. He thinks old methods are faulty, and progressive innovation is the only applicable option. He isn't good at making decisions right away. He likes to collect all data first, and consider possible scenarios. He consults and trusts people of real merit, not those merely touted as exceptional. His choice in treasury is a great example. Inauguration speech, he mentioned there are those that want to remain conservative in the methods implemented for improvement. He then stated America could handle changes of large scale. He basically announced he didn't care what they thought. He's rational enough to accept ideas from anyone regardless of affiliation, as long as they are solid. He's a very abstract thinker that sees the potential in ideas and people.

From this also I see inferior Si untraditional, not J because he takes time on decisions, Ne because of the big picture possibilities, Fi because he accepts ideas from anyone regardless of affiliation, as long as they are solid. (in practice I've never seen a Ti type be this neutral and adaptable.) And the last line is bolded because it is in most of the ENFP profiles :).

And for entertainment, and for those who have no clues what an ENFP is apart from weird idiots who make too many smilies and send threads off course :)

Most Developed Skill

ENFPs strongest drive is thinking in possibilities - the patterns, connections, relationships (both people and ideas) and implications. Innovation, creativity and imagination are well developed. They adapt quickly, are resourceful and uninhibited about possible solutions. That is, they are not constrained by the traditional or normal view.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yea, I would tend to lean INFP too... or maybe enfp.. But if you watched the debates between him and mccain; It seemed to quite boring or watching two similar people talk.. The only difference was obama was quite "Vague" and Mccain had more details/strategy. which, In dark times, The person that is able to indentify with people through feelings: is usually the one that comes out on top.. Plus I've heard people complain about his "flowery- no substance speeches"; WHich this would steer me to think hes more of an "F"...

L

Lasting_Pain

I think this has already been a thread in the past, but Barrack Obama is most likely a INTP or ENTP. Leaning towards an ENTP.

L

Lasting_Pain

ENTP because he thinks when he talks as if he talking from the top of his mind. That is why he uses a teleprompter. Also his voice is inspirational, he can easily become the center of the conversation and is very persuasive. He uses his words with masterful technique. Basically, he is almost a master at semantics and pragmatics.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
isfj because he always acts like a wittle wabbit fwanticwy twying to acknowledge evwyone wif his Fe. Look left, look right, look left again/repeat, speak in fast forward. He gives a little more of a shit than an entp would.

The bottom line is that he was packaged as the perfect ethical prescription to our 2001 exponentially growing pains. Are we still puking?

deleted
I think his "book" is a lot of things. But when I actually look at the real person in front of my TV screen doing the presidential walk and talking the talk, it adds up to ENTP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So Michelle is estj and Barack is isfj. McCain is intp, yeah?

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Obama is most likely a INTP or ENTP

He is too emotional fot T. Sincerely emotional.
His plastique is similar to Will Smith, wich, I think, is ENTP (J/P and S/N are preferences most influencing on plastique, I suppose).
His behavior when he have a speech at rostrum and plays "serious president of great nation" is less meaningful, than when he is in more spontaneous situations such as going to crowd and shaking hands there, for example.
INTP among famous politicians is Putin, you may compare how emotionaly different they are.

maliafee

President Obama, "S" for sure

I no longer am SURE President Obama is ISFP (I admit that sounded far fetched, though I feel I had my good reasons).

But I really feel I need to address claims that he is an "N".

Did anyone watch the 100 days press conference?

When he was asked what has "enchanted" him about his new job, he joked about it and you could see in his face that he didn't feel comfortable with the term. It was way too "N" for him.

Besides that, consider his specificity and attention to detail and propensity for getting things done, and his statement that if anyone can serve, they should, and that's why he is doing it. Also, look at his down-to-earth gait and stance.

He is such an obvious "S"!

Anyone have any thoughts about why he wouldn't be an "S"?

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
i wouldn't go so far as to base his type on one press conference. instead i would read his books and research his life a little bit. having said that, i haven't done either to any great extent. i just look at his policies -- i can't make any claims about his type one way or the other.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Besides that, consider his specificity and attention to detail and propensity for getting things done, and his statement that if anyone can serve, they should, and that's why he is doing it. Also, look at his down-to-earth gait and stance.

I have no idea what he is, but the above quote doesn't have much to do with being an S.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When he was asked what has "enchanted" him about his new job, he joked about it and you could see in his face that he didn't feel comfortable with the term. It was way too "N" for him.

I'd puke if asked the same question myself and I'm an N.

I don't know much about Obama to say that he's an N, though.

maliafee

i wouldn't go so far as to base his type on one press conference. instead i would read his books and research his life a little bit. having said that, i haven't done either to any great extent. i just look at his policies -- i can't make any claims about his type one way or the other.

Of course -- that's what I base my guess on (his life/behavior/etc). I just was wondering if anyone had seen the 100 days press conference.

I have no idea what he is, but the above quote doesn't have much to do with being an S.

It certainly can...

I'd puke if asked the same question myself and I'm an N.

I don't know much about Obama to say that he's an N, though.

Hehe, FINE!