• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A little late but I'm curious what you all think anyway.

I was inspired to ask by the letter in this thread.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He seems more introverted than extraverted to me.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ. I'm going by what I read of his letter from Jail. He laid the ground work with facts--a haulmark of INTJ thinking. His interest in God seems to put a damper on this theory; not so unusual, however, considering the time.

I have to admit the letter was a little long for my attention span, so I could be way off.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
INTJ. I'm going by what I read of his letter from Jail. He laid the ground work with facts--a haulmark of INTJ thinking. His interest in God seems to put a damper on this theory; not so unusual, however, considering the time.

I have to admit the letter was a little long for my attention span, so I could be way off.

You're probably right about the I, N, and J. But after seeing him speak and knowing everything I do about him, there's no way he's not an F.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
You're probably right about the I, N, and J. But after seeing him speak and knowing everything I do about him, there's no way he's not an F.

I'm in no position to argue. I've not studied him in great depth. Some INFJs on here have impressed me more than I otherwise would have thought.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
keirsey said:
There are many attributes and actions one must use when attempting to judge an individual’s type. There is a whole life here, so it is hard to convey my compete reasoning in changing my mind in determining King was a Champion Idealist versus a Teacher Idealist, as I thought for 10 years, in a short blog. Here are a few things that suggest that King was a Champion. The first was that Martin Luther King, Jr. was a poet at heart – a trait in many Champions. He labored over his speeches to make them poetic. Secondly, King’s preference seems to have been to be much more an advocate than a mentor. He did not seek to become the leader of the Montgomery bus boycott; he was more interested in continuing as a preacher of his church. He came into his leadership role through the efforts of others - EJ Nixon engineered the election of King to lead the boycott, for King had just arrived from Atlanta. Being new, Nixon felt that King had a clean slate with the local white community, and which would serve better in the upcoming struggle. In the mark of a Champion, once King accepted the challenge of the cause, he was fully committed – to the eventual cost of his own life. He persisted, traveling the country through all adversities until his death in the service of the cause of civil rights.

Keirsey.com • View topic - In response: “Martin Luther King”

I agree with Keirsey and think that King is an ENFP or possibly an INFP.

heart

heart on fire
ENFJ

INFP no way. He's out there chasing the pavement, pressing the boards. Impressing his ideas on the world as a mentor.

An INFP in my opinon would have written works of fiction or music in a take or leave it way to inspire people but never out there impressing it on the masses. I think it takes Fe to understand how to directly relate like this and be effective, but that's just me.

But I haven't ready biography on him, so that's not my final take.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think ENFJ. He seems too confident and outspoken in his perspective to be an INJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have only read some of his quotes, but I'd guess 1w9. Mbti, not sure. Is there a thread on this already here?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Obviously he wasn't an sp type! Is that what you're trying to say?!?!?!?!?!