• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DN's Dead Celebrity List

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd merge this with my Celebrity Type thread, but I want to keep that one relatively light-hearted. When you throw recently dead celebrities such as Heath Ledger into the mix, things can get a bit heated, so best to keep them at bay here.

ESTJ

ESTP

ESFJ
Roseanne Cash

ESFP
Steve Irwin

ISFP
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe

ISFJ

ISTP

ISTJ
Johnny Cash

INTJ

INTP

INFP
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Buckley
Elliot Smith
Nick Drake
Heath Ledger
Audrey Hepburn
Princess Diana

INFJ
Marlon Brando

ENFJ

ENFP
Bob Marley
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin

ENTP
Alfred Hitchcock
Walt Disney
Hunter S Thompson

ENTJ

Undecided

Last edited by a moderator:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTJ John Lennon

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
This is tough, but would expect Es to far outnumber Is because of the old studio system that was in place when most of them started their movie careers:

Bogart, ISTJ
Spencer Tracy, INTJ
Myrna Loy, ENTJ
Katharine Hepburn, ENFJ (have seen others say T, but there seems to be a strong value based thinking process going on)
John Wayne, ESTJ
Jimmy Stewart, ESTP or J
Cary Grant, would have thought of as more FP than TJ, but may have read the wrong biography
David Niven, ENFP, but possibly I instead of E
Richard Widmark, ESTJ
Lauren Bacall, ENTJ
John Payne, seems like an INTP, but ?
Clark Gable, ESTJ
Gregory Peck, ENTJ

At least this gets their names out there. I've only read a couple of the biographies, and those are often written to obscure the negative aspects of the personality which is often the best clue as to type. Dead is difficult to guess and the characters they played on screen, often misleading.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is tough, but would expect Es to far outnumber Is because of the old studio system that was in place when most of them started their movie careers:

Bogart, ISTJ
Spencer Tracy, INTJ
Myrna Loy, ENTJ
Katharine Hepburn, ENFJ (have seen others say T, but there seems to be a strong value based thinking process going on)
John Wayne, ESTJ
Jimmy Stewart, ESTP or J
Cary Grant, would have thought of as more FP than TJ, but may have read the wrong biography
David Niven, ENFP, but possibly I instead of E
Richard Widmark, ESTJ
Lauren Bacall, ENTJ
John Payne, seems like an INTP, but ?
Clark Gable, ESTJ
Gregory Peck, ENTJ

At least this gets their names out there. I've only read a couple of the biographies, and those are often written to obscure the negative aspects of the personality which is often the best clue as to type. Dead is difficult to guess and the characters they played on screen, often misleading.

God I know hardly any of these, although I thought Gregory Peck was INTP myself.

It's a helluva lot harder to type these old actors as we didn't have as great an insight into celebs' private lives as we do now. And they did less interviews and such. And there images were more carefully controlled in a more conservative world of old. If Cary Grant was gay for example, that would probably change our typing of him.

Katherine Hepburn: INFJ?

ADDS: Audrey Hepburn (INFP)

It doesn't help that a lot of our information on them depends on very subjective biographies of varying quality.

Will need second opinions on these.

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
God I know hardly any of these, although I thought Gregory Peck was INTP myself.

It's a helluva lot harder to type these old actors as we didn't have as great an insight into celebs' private lives as we do now.

Will need second opinions on these.

I know many claim Peck as INTP, but if he's an I, then J would seem more fitting. Some of the characters he played seemed more INTP, but the actor seems J. I might want him to be INTP, but it doesn't really fit the man.

It will be interesting to see other opinions about the rest of them. I tried to consider the interviews and biographies, but yes, those aren't always ideal sources.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ADDS: Princess Diana (INFP) Her having identified herself as an INFP, that's evidence good enough for me.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
DN's Dead Celebrity List II

I'd merge this with my Celebrity Type thread, but I want to keep that one relatively light-hearted. When you throw recently dead celebrities such as Heath Ledger into the mix, things can get a bit heated, so best to keep them at bay here.

ESTJ

ESTP

ESFJ
Roseanne Cash

ESFP
Steve Irwin

ISFP
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe

ISFJ

ISTP

ISTJ
Johnny Cash

INTJ

INTP

INFP
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Buckley
Elliot Smith
Nick Drake
Heath Ledger
Audrey Hepburn
Princess Diana

INFJ

Marlon Brando

ENFJ

ENFP
Bob Marley
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

ENTP
Alfred Hitchcock
Walt Disney
Hunter S Thompson

ENTJ

Undecided

Last edited:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ADDS: Freddie Mercury (ENFP)
Janis Joplin (ENFP)
Marlon Brando (INFJ)
Hunter S Thompson (ENTP)

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

ESTJ

ESTP

ESFJ

ESFP
Steve Irwin

ISFP
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe

ISFJ

ISTP
Johnny Cash

ISTJ

INTJ

INTP

INFP
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Buckley
Elliot Smith
Nick Drake
Heath Ledger
Audrey Hepburn
Princess Diana

INFJ
Marlon Brando

ENFJ
Roseanne Cash

ENFP
Bob Marley
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Jim Morrison

ENTP
Alfred Hitchcock
Walt Disney
Hunter S Thompson

ENTJ

Last edited:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

ESTJ

ESTP

ESFJ

ESFP
Steve Irwin

ISFP
Jimi Hendrix
Marilyn Monroe

ISFJ

ISTP
Johnny Cash

ISTJ

INTJ

INTP

INFP
Kurt Cobain
Jeff Buckley
Elliot Smith
Nick Drake
Heath Ledger
Audrey Hepburn
Princess Diana

INFJ
Marlon Brando
Miles Davis
John Coltrane

ENFJ
Roseanne Cash

ENFP
Bob Marley
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Jim Morrison

ENTP
Alfred Hitchcock
Walt Disney
Hunter S Thompson

ENTJ
John Lennon

Last edited:

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Since there are no ENFJs on here, I will not die.

Indisputable logic.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've typically seen Morrison typed as a T and Hendrix as an N. I feel like Morrison was more focused on pushing the boundaries of thinking and perception, to put it tritely, than he was on experiencing or even expressing pure emotion, and when he did it was usually an outburst of nihlism, libido, rage, drunkenness, or all of the above, not to detract from the man, but I'm just not sure F is more fitting than T.

Hendrix HAS to be an N. He pulled too much crazy shit deep from the recesses of his mind not to be. I'm sure it's all been said before when it comes to Hendrix, but the unique ways he expressed himself with a guitar were nothing anybody had heard before; it all came from within. Most accounts by those who knew him seem to suggest he was off in his own world much of the time, imagining and creating.

I've seen Miles Davis as an INFP before, but INFJ is probably more fitting. Any thoughts on Charlie Parker as an INTP?