User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: John Lydon

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But why?
    I dunno. It was a guess. I'm still relatively new to this so i'm just having a go. Intially i was tempted by ESTP. I have problems with the functions side of things when trying to type people. I tend to see them more as "whole" sort of thing. Ok can anybody tell me, using examples from any of the interviews why they think he's ESTP? And why they don't think he's ENTP?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

The fury of his physical presence not only precludes him being ENTP, it pretty much screams ESTP. That man would not have survived his hideously Dickensian upbringing without that level of physical force.

*quirts Flak with a riding crop*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I don't know if I can survive a good quirting. Anyhoo, any other ESTPs he could be compared more equitably with?

Lydon reminds me a bit of Trent Reznor and Sascha Konietzko, other musicians I call ENTP.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I'm destroying you with my mind.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm destroying you with my mind.
    I'll take that over a clawhammer any old day of the week.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Nocapszy, for example.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know if I can survive a good quirting. Anyhoo, any other ESTPs he could be compared more equitably with?

Lydon reminds me a bit of Trent Reznor and Sascha Konietzko, other musicians I call ENTP.

Reznor strikes me as more INTJ. He doesn't revel in ambiguous in-jokes and self-mockery the way we do, and he's reportedly very particular about the exact methodologies applied to making his records (note that he is the sole performer on NIN records; NIN is really more a stage name for just him. The only time other people get involved is in the live show, because he can't do it all himself there.) His self-loathing is characteristic of INTJ. Plus he's just so god damned serious all the time, and I don't know any ENTPs who could keep that up consistently.

Other ESTP musicians would probably include Axl Rose, Liam Gallagher, any obnoxious, over-the-top rock singer that you always hear about in the news for their ridiculous rock star antics. They are also generally not the primary songwriter, but gravitate toward being the frontman. I use the emphasis because often they're better at that than they are at actually being the lead singer, as in the cases of Lydon and Roth.

On a side note, Paul McCartney and Roger Daltrey strike me as the closely-related ESFP. They both have that flair for showmanship and performance (as opposed to the NT compulsive need for technical competence) and the random, off-the-wall craziness, but they're just not such fucking dicks all the time. Damn ESTPs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Reznor strikes me as more INTJ. He doesn't revel in ambiguous in-jokes and self-mockery the way we do, and he's reportedly very particular about the exact methodologies applied to making his records (note that he is the sole performer on NIN records; NIN is really more a stage name for just him. The only time other people get involved is in the live show, because he can't do it all himself there.) His self-loathing is characteristic of INTJ. Plus he's just so god damned serious all the time, and I don't know any ENTPs who could keep that up consistently.

Other ESTP musicians would probably include Axl Rose, Liam Gallagher, any obnoxious, over-the-top rock singer that you always hear about in the news for their ridiculous rock star antics. They are also generally not the primary songwriter, but gravitate toward being the frontman. I use the emphasis because often they're better at that than they are at actually being the lead singer, as in the cases of Lydon and Roth.

On a side note, Paul McCartney and Roger Daltrey strike me as the closely-related ESFP. They both have that flair for showmanship and performance (as opposed to the NT compulsive need for technical competence) and the random, off-the-wall craziness, but they're just not such fucking dicks all the time. Damn ESTPs.
    Agreed. Trent is an INTJ. Lydon, Axl and Liam are ESTPs (don't know Roth). However could McCartney not legitimately be an ISFP? :/
    4w5 sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I do. I'm completely confident in his type (There's absolutely no way he's INTJ.)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I do. I'm completely confident in his type (There's absolutely no way he's INTJ.)
    Well Jack, if there's one thing I've noticed from reading your threads it's that you seem to have appropriated very high levels of certainty about your opinions from our J friends here. How certain are you that YOU'RE not an INTJ?

Well, I'm assuming extremely certain, but even so it would be helpful if you'd provide reasoning instead of just repeatedly asserting that you're certain you're right. Seems useful for purposes of a discussion forum, no?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?