• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kurt Russell

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFJ! Who else could take down apocalyptic Los Angeles and still feel Fe-warm and Daddy-like? Plus, my ESFP gf used to have a major jones for him. She loves her ISFJs.

I'd want Kurt Russell to save *me* from yucky bad mutant people.

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
ISFJ! Who else could take down apocalyptic Los Angeles and still feel Fe-warm and Daddy-like? Plus, my ESFP gf used to have a major jones for him. She loves her ISFJs.

I'd want Kurt Russell to save *me* from yucky bad mutant people.

I was picking up Guardian vibes watching the video actually, "We gotta watch out for our own Pompei here in LA"

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know about Kurt Russell, but Snake Plissken is definitely an ISTP.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I actually think he's ISTJ.

Well no doubt Snake’s a pretty surly guy…but he seems overall more flexible and adaptaple, good at improvising, able to revise plans quickly to adjust to changing circumstances. Plus his belief in anarchy, not to say it’s impossible for an ISTJ to be an anarchist, but it seems less likely. And if you go by temperament theory, he seems more SP than SJ.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's this bullshit! Kurt Russel is an ESTP! He's not usually so quiet and serious...

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any new developments on this? From the quotes he has on IMBb, and he's all over the place. Some of them seem almost Si, but then there's one where it's all Se:

(1996) I am like Thomas Jefferson or Benjamin Franklin. I love life. I have a comic outlook, I laugh at myself harder than at anybody else. I get extremely vociferous about things I don't believe in, but I'm in the moment. Benjamin Franklin loved life, he wasn't a negative person. And I do sense that I'm being more perceived like that now.

Then there's this that I can't pin down at all:

(1996, on being part of the Hollywood community) At times I take great pride in it. But most of the time I'm completely ashamed of it, especially on the night of the Academy Awards. It's the one night of the year where I just want to crawl in a hole and hide. It's a bit like standing shoulder-to-shoulder with assholes. Mike Nichols and I were talking about politics once and he said, "The thing is, you can't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with assholes." And he's right. I can't. What's interesting about Oscar night is it's a joke-it's about how bad everything is. Everybody knows that that's the night to applaud Hollywood in all its horror. And yet...There's no other business that can create such enjoyment of life as this business. I love being part of that. Actors have changed my life at times. When people get to know me, I can't tell you how many times they come up to me and say, "You're nothing like what I've read about." I think people feel me more than they hear me. I've read interviews I've done and it's exactly what I've said but it's not what I was saying. I have an acerbic, sardonic sense of humor. I'm being facetious 90 percent of the time, but then 10 percent of the time I'm not. So unless I was to qualify everything I say, I'm not going to be understood.

And this, which almost seems Si PoLR, which would make him either INTJ or INFJ:

[on The Expendables (2010)] I mean, I'm glad Sly's done well with this. He's a great person. The fellas all seem to have a good time. I've never seen any of them. It's not a beat I get. It's like looking backwards to me.

Any opinions?

Just seen Tango & Cash too...