MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Default MythBusters

Jamie Hyneman: INTJ
    Adam Savage: ISTP
    Others Characters: I don't know

Actually I think that show is a pure SP/NT connection, like Jackass who meets Mr Wizard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
    Adam Savage - ENTP
    Grant Imahara - INTP
    Tori Belleci - ESTP
    Kerri Byron - ENFP
    Scottie Chapman - ISTP

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
    Adam Savage - ENTP
    Grant Imahara - INTP
    Tori Belleci - ESTP
    Kerri Byron - ENFP
    Scottie Chapman - ISTP
    I'm with Night on this one. Especially on Adam - if he's actually like he is on the show, he's the most ENTP-ish ENTP I've met (and I have/had a couple of very good ENTP friends). He definitely brings the zany-fun to the show.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

Jamie Heyneman - IxTJ
    Adam Savage - ENTP
    Grant Imahara - INTP
    Tori Belleci - ESTP
    Kerri Byron - ENFP
    Scottie Chapman - ISTP
    I always thought Tori was the least interesting character (person would be the more "humanizing" term, I suppose) on the show. Perhaps this is because his S negatively stands out in a cast of mostly Ns?

I think Jamie's x is an N. He doesn't seem to to have the Si-dom approach of gathering loads of information to establish a norm. He seems to have a few Ni intuitive "guesses."

Other than that, I agree with the post I've quoted.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I always thought Tori was the least interesting character (person would be the more "humanizing" term, I suppose) on the show. Perhaps this is because his S negatively stands out in a cast of mostly Ns?

I think Jamie's x is an N. He doesn't seem to to have the Si-dom approach of gathering loads of information to establish a norm. He seems to have a few Ni intuitive "guesses."

Other than that, I agree with the post I've quoted.
    Yeah, up until a little while ago, I always pegged Jamie as an INTJ. Someone recently made a convincing argument that his attention to safety/tried-and-tested personal approach to problem solving were hallmark characteristics of Si.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the description was true, or that these de facto components overlap N traits in terms of importance. Just that he seems to have a good balance of tradition with abstraction.

MBTI
    xxxx

Yeah, up until a little while ago, I always pegged Jamie as an INTJ. Someone recently made a convincing argument that his attention to safety/tried-and-tested personal approach to problem solving were hallmark characteristics of Si.

Doesn't necessarily mean that the description was true, or that these de facto components overlap N traits in terms of importance. Just that he seems to have a good balance of tradition with abstraction.
    While I don't at all disagree with the possibility that he could be ISTJ, INTJ simply appears more likely.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

He's sort of OCD in a way I associate with Ni doms, though.

It's a tough call. Part of the problem is that they have to edit Jamie's stuff so much that we may not be quite getting an accurate portrayal of him.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    While I don't at all disagree with the possibility that he could be ISTJ, INTJ simply appears more likely.
    Agreed. In terms of function preference, much of what he does gives me the impression of an xNTJ mindset.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    He's sort of OCD in a way I associate with Ni doms, though.

It's a tough call. Part of the problem is that they have to edit Jamie's stuff so much that we may not be quite getting an accurate portrayal of him.
    I've noticed that, too.

The INTJs I know rarely fumble for words or humor. Jamie seems to have difficulty with both (at least insofar as his television personality behaves).

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I've noticed that, too.

The INTJs I know rarely fumble for words or humor. Jamie seems to have difficulty with both (at least insofar as his television personality behaves).
    Good point - the INTJs I've known are at least very good at recalling a database of humor, if nothing else. Also, when I have noticed Jamie getting a really good joke in, it usually comes out of left field in an Ne type manner.