• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Will: ESTP
Carlton: INTJ
Ashley: ISFJ
Hillary: ESFP
Uncle Phil: ENTP
Aunt Viv: INFJ
Geoffrey: ISFJ

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Will: ENFP
Carlton: ENFJ
Ashley: ISFP
Hillary: ESFP
Uncle Phil: ESTJ
Geoffrey: INTP
Jazz: ISTP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Carlton doesn't have the charisma nor the social skill/grace that comes so naturally to ENFJ's, and he's too present to be an INTJ mastermind. I'd say an unbalanced ENTJ overlord in the making.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carlton doesn't have the charisma nor the social skill/grace that comes so naturally to ENFJ's, and he's too present to be an INTJ mastermind. I'd say an unbalanced ENTJ overlord in the making.

Actually, you're right, Carlton is an xNTJ, but I've bielived he could be an ENFJ for his tendancy to manipulate others, but he've not enough success to be one. I think Will and Carlton form a ENFP-INTJ supervision relation.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's too much of an attention whore to be an INTJ, I think. They're usually more sneaky in letting the world know they're awesome. Also, for Will, I'm not sure about the N...

I'm still learning this whole typing thing though, so I'll see what the verdict of some of the others brings :)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think Carlton is an INFJ.

He had a lot of sensitive and emotional moments. Definitely a J type. INxx nerdiness.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I..pulled... uptothehousearoundsevenoreightandIyelledtothecabby yaho smellya lata!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...lookedatmykingdomIwasfinallythere,...

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love this show!

Will is the ENFP prototype.

I think Carlton is an INFJ.

He had a lot of sensitive and emotional moments. Definitely a J type. INxx nerdiness.

Carlton was too much of a sycophant and too focused on doing the "right" thing in the eyes of others to be INFJ. I would rather poke myself in the eye repeatedly than ever play follow the leader. I would think either ISFJ or ESFJ.

...lookedatmykingdomIwasfinallythere,...

...tositonmythroneastheprinceofbelair.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Carlton: INFJ as the opposite of Will, but I see him as low N and with a tad more E as well --> inFJ or isFJ. It's mainly a case of that P vs. J stereotyping methinks.
Hillary: ESFJ
Uncle Phil: ENTP
Geoffrey: ISFJ[/QUOTE]

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
say an unbalanced ENTJ overlord in the making.

Why not an ENFJ overlord in the making? Carlton is not introverted and not thinking at all. He's very people oriented, charistmatic, emphatic and enthusiast to defend the Bank's family values, but not in a Guardian way but in a Idealist way and he's too excentric and too relationals problems with Jazz to be ESFJ.
He corresponds to the achetype of the Teacher because he's very giver of lessons and able to defend his values, for exemple, at the begining of the show, he's enthusiast to give lessons of social comportement to Will and give him social skills adapted to the environment of Bel-Air and to defend the tea-time.
It's mainly a case of that P vs. J stereotyping methinks, so they're both ENFx but the J/P difference change everithing or almost. So, I persist to type Carlton as an ENFJ.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
So, so wrong....

Will: ENTP
Cartlon: ESTJ
Hillary ESFP
Phil: INTJ
Viv: ENFJ

Carlton is STATUS ORIENTED... the anti-thesis of INFJ. Cartlon Studies like a nerd because he feels he has to live up to Phil

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, so wrong....

Will: ENTP
Cartlon: ESTJ
Hillary ESFP
Phil: INTJ
Viv: ENFJ

Phil is hardly to concerned with social conventions to be an INTJ, I'm pretty sure he's xSTJ, and Will is'nt T in no way.

Cartlon Studies like a nerd because he feels he has to live up to Phil
Carlton sudies like a nerd for affective reasons.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Phil is hardly to concerned with social conventions to be an INTJ, I'm pretty sure he's xSTJ, and Will is'nt T in no way.

INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc. Phil only plays the social kissass card at times because A) he's older, and B) he has to as a Judge

And I look at whole types, not individual factors... the sub-processes are bullshit: so Let me ask you this: What type best explains Will's INEXHAUSTIBLE display of antics?! ENTP, IMO.... ESTP perhaps

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc

And I look at whole types, not individual factors... the sub-processes are bullshit

Let me ask you this: What type best explains Will's INEXHAUSTIBLE display of antics?! ENTP, IMO.... ESTP perhaps

What exactly do you mean? Wanna see my list of antics? :D
If Will isn't an ENFP I doubt there are any other recognizable male ENFPs on TV history... obviously I'm exaggerating but...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I look at whole types, not individual factors... the sub-processes are bullshit

What individuals factors? Phil have a typical xSTJ's route: hard-worker from the childhood, and next, very able to challenge that society present like succes: material success and etablishment of a conventional family. He takes this honorable route like his values. He too unconfortable with novelty to be an N.

Display of antics? Many ENFPs love that! But under the will's exuberance, there's not a cold logic, but a golden heart. Will is really too concerned for peoples to be NT.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I clicked on this thinking "wow, I totally think will is ENFP" but thought he would probably be typed totally different in the thread.

So yay, I wasn't alone in that.