User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I think Will is an ENFP.
    Partially because I'm pretty sure Will Smith is an ENFP.
    I agree with Speed Gavorche for the most part except that I think Carleton is more of a T than an F.
    Yeah, Carlton is the stereotypical ENTJ.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Carlton is NOT an ENTJ..... OMG, you so can't afford to be this naive about Fresh Prince!

When has Carlton EVER taken someone under his wing to show that person all he knows, or to accomplish a great intellectual goal? The only time he's leading, he does it because it gets him social status to impress people with. His primary concern is his social status and his family (and the inheritance) .... ESTJ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Carlton is NOT an ENTJ..... OMG, you so can't afford to be this naive about Fresh Prince!
    I agree. Carlton as ENTJ or any intuitive is laughable. SJ for sure, I'm thinking more of ESFJ though because of his sensitivity and self-preservation.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I guess SJ is possible for Carleton but one also has to understand the long-term implications of social status, so I can see an NT being into acquiring it- especially the more extraverted ones since well, having high social status is um... kind of useful for whatever it is you want to do and whatever intellectual hobbies one wants to take on.

An NT won't want to acquire high social status simply for the sake of impressing people BUT if impressing people brings more power and autonomy to the person- then it's in the NT's best interest to work for that. Also Extraverts are more likely to try to acquire it than Introverts because being too independent makes for a lonely world.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    nnnn

INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc.
    We are also very concerned with the difference between doing something for the sake of convention and doing something because the possible outcome doesn't warrant the risk even if the convention that's attached to the risk is something we have no inherent respect for.

Think.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Will: ESTP
    Carlton: INTJ
    Ashley: ISFJ
    Hillary: ESFP
    Uncle Phil: ENTP
    Aunt Viv: INFJ
    Geoffrey: ISFJ
    Uncle Phil is a judge for a living and you don't think he's a J? There's nothing ambiguous about him and that's a hallmark of ENTPs. He strikes me as awfully ESTJ, personally. Quite authoritarian, and very fulfilled when he punishes rule-breakers on a daily basis.

Carlton is an ISTJ. Way too traditionalist and a stickler for rules. ("Will, you can't DRINK! YOU'RE UNDERAGE!!!!!")

And Geoffrey must be an INTx. He is constantly making smart ass remarks that float just over everyone's heads.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Why not an ENFJ overlord in the making? Carlton is not introverted and not thinking at all. He's very people oriented, charistmatic, emphatic and enthusiast to defend the Bank's family values, but not in a Guardian way but in a Idealist way and he's too excentric and too relationals problems with Jazz to be ESFJ.
    He corresponds to the achetype of the Teacher because he's very giver of lessons and able to defend his values, for exemple, at the begining of the show, he's enthusiast to give lessons of social comportement to Will and give him social skills adapted to the environment of Bel-Air and to defend the tea-time.
    It's mainly a case of that P vs. J stereotyping methinks, so they're both ENFx but the J/P difference change everithing or almost. So, I persist to type Carlton as an ENFJ.
    Carlton is not even remotely charismatic! Most of the humor with his character revolves around showing how socially inept he is. And as others are saying, he's clearly status-oriented. He could be ISFJ, but nothing other than ISxJ seems reasonable much at all.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INTJ's are VERY concerned with conventions.... I can't get a single one of them to smoke pot. Not one, because "they could get busted" etc etc. Phil only plays the social kissass card at times because A) he's older, and B) he has to as a Judge

And I look at whole types, not individual factors... the sub-processes are bullshit: so Let me ask you this: What type best explains Will's INEXHAUSTIBLE display of antics?! ENTP, IMO.... ESTP perhaps

Some of the biggest stoners I know are INTJs; they're just more selective about when and where they smoke because they know it would be poor strategy to do it in an unsafe environment and risk getting caught. And when they refuse, it has nothing to do with convention--INTJs are less concerned with convention for its own sake than any other type, just about. They'll follow a convention to the death if it works logically, though.

Being pretty involved in marijuana culture myself, the only types I've noticed that typically dislike pot are SJs, either because it's illegal or because it removes their natural sense of control/distorts too much the primary function through which they gather data (Sensing.)

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Uncle Phil is a judge for a living and you don't think he's a J? There's nothing ambiguous about him and that's a hallmark of ENTPs. He strikes me as awfully ESTJ, personally. Quite authoritarian, and very fulfilled when he punishes rule-breakers on a daily basis.

Carlton is an ISTJ. Way too traditionalist and a stickler for rules. ("Will, you can't DRINK! YOU'RE UNDERAGE!!!!!")

And Geoffrey must be an INTx. He is constantly making smart ass remarks that float just over everyone's heads.
    Yeah, you're right about Phil. Phil's definitely an E, T, and J. But he seems more N to me - a good example is when he said to Will in a serious way that Phil was less worried about Will because he knew Will would find a way to make it. And yeah Geoffrey is INTP. Carlton is still a toss-up, all I have is T and J. S seems likely too, he's always concerned about details and he's more practical and not an imaginative or creative guy.

That original list I made was not my best analysis. Here's what I think at the moment:

Will - ENFP
    Carlton - xSTJ
    Ashley - ISFP
    Hillary - ESFP
    Phil - ENTJ
    Viv - ISFJ
    Geoffrey - INTP

That's how I would view it now.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Carlton is not even remotely charismatic! Most of the humor with his character revolves around showing how socially inept he is. And as others are saying, he's clearly status-oriented. He could be ISFJ, but nothing other than ISxJ seems reasonable much at all.
    Carlton is charismatic, he frequents many club and can't do it without being choosed to lead them. Carlton defends status and conventions for affective reasons, he's entirely lead by affective concerns and he've a considerable need of affection and condideration.
    He's so an extroverted feeler, ESFJ or ENFJ, but if he's ESFJ, he's the more excentric, nerdy and unable to physical tasks that I ever seen, moreover, admitting Jazz is an ISTP, it should be a sort of relation of supervision or pedagogy between Jazz and Carlton if he's ESFJ, but nothing in this way, so Carlton is ENFJ.
    And he've weaknesses in social relationships compared to Will, because he's trapped by his lack of spontaneity.