• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Star Trek Characters

R

Riva

I agree Ravana. Picard is much more Te and legalist. INTJs are too impressionable and realist for his role. More importantly ENTJs are strong team-based leaders. INTJs are much more in it to be completely in charge, plan and assign a system of lesser roles to people. ENTJs are less inclined to act quickly in critical circumstances than INTJs, so that I don't know about.

THANK YOU! for agreeing with me.:D

"INTJs are too impressionable" i noticed this in my INTJ friends. but they are my friends. i didn't know that it is true in other INTJs. and i am yet to realize this in INTJs in critical situations.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
Hmm, what strikes me as odd is that Picard is an INTJ and Data is an INTP and yet they are good friends and get along well. Don't INTPs and INTJs usually have a hard time getting along? I guess with Picard as a likely 1w9 INTJ rather than, say, a 5w4, we avoid the usual petty arguments those two types often find themselves in... any thoughts?

My husband is an INTJ. If I remember correctly, he is a 1w9. I am mostly an INTP. I'm not sure whether we are an exception to a commonality or the rumor is wrong, but we get along pretty well.

Never heard such a rumor. I'm INTJ, and I've always gotten along fine with INTPs of either gender.

TOS:

Kirk: ESTP
Spock: INTP
Scotty: ESTJ
McCoy: ENFJ

Anyway, Spock has always struck me as an INTP. The way he expresses himself with such certainty gives him an INTJ-like flair, but I think his thinking process is more expressly logical than intuitive. INTPs who have chewed on a problem long enough to work out its logic such that they fully believe themselves to be correct can represent themselves with the same kind of certainty that comes reflexively to INTJs. But with Spock the certainty isn't reflexive. It's the steel trap of flawless formal logic.

Just my take. Your milage may vary.

TNG:

Caiptan Picard : INTJ
William Riker: ESTP
Data: INTP
Geordi La Forge: INFP/ISFP
Doctor Crusher: INFJ/ISFJ
Diana Troy: INFP
Wesley Crusher: INFP
Worf: ISTJ
Chief O' Brien: ISTJ
Barclay: INTP
Guinan: INFP/INFJ

To my read, Giordi seems far too gentle, patient, flexible, and sensitive for a hard-charging ETJ.

Voyager:

Janeway: ENTJ
Chakotay: INFJ
Paris: ESTP
Belanna: ESTJ
Harry Kim: ENFJ
Tuvok: INTJ
Neelix: ENFP/ESFP
The Doctor: ENTP
Seven: INTP/INTJ
Kes: INFP
Vorik: INTP

Chakotay: very into his private search for self and understanding other viewpoints, but still a stand-alone individual, not a joiner; Harry Kim: constantly thinking about his parents and worried about how his absence might effect them, constantly full of hope and idealism (that THIS time, they're going top get home). Both seem very much "NF" types to me.

KDude

I'd peg Scotty a Ti type before Spock even. He proposed more subjective thinking and theoretical workarounds than anyone (besides Kirk maybe), rather than be a steward of objective data or protocol...or what have you. Maybe his down-homey Scottish nature gives him an ESTJ vibe, I don't know, but I don't think he acts like one at all.

Same with Seven. More INTP than Spock.

Neelix is like the alien version of a doting grandma ESFJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Disclaimer: only seen up to season 4.

My guess is either INFJ or possibly INFP. But she's portrayed as the most mature character on the show, which means she's gonna come across as pretty balanced in all areas.

Bartending isn't as sociable a job as it may seem, but it's the perfect job to watch people from without getting especially involved. Especially with all the dim lights. Plus, she rarely seems to seek out other people's company unless they have a problem she has to fix. She seems to prefer to stay in the background. So I don't think she's an E.

She's always giving people the bigger picture and how their problems fit into that (giving them perspective), which suggests N. And she's usually helping people with emotional problems especially, which suggests NF to me.

No clue when it comes to J/P. Leaning towards very balanced J. But she could easily be a P, because she seems (as has been mentioned) to see many different perspectives and she never seems to judge people for their failings.

Edit: I don't think she's a T because she seems more concerned with people than with anything else. And if she were an NT I think she would display a drive towards competence which I don't see in her character.

I have nothing to add to that. :happy0065::happy0065:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In the 2009 movie, I think Kirk is an ESTP, Spock is an INTJ, Bones is an SJ of some kind (probably ISFJ if I was forced to guess), and Scotty is an ENTP.

KDude

It just dawned on me that Belanna is the closest a fictional character gets to my mom. lol

ESTJ eh? :thinking:

rav3n

B'Elanna's too emotionally volatile to be an ESTJ, even one who's in the grip of inferior Fi.

KDude

B'Elanna's too emotionally volatile to be an ESTJ, even one who's in the grip of inferior Fi.

She's a half Klingon whose father left her when she was young, and had to deal with school kids who called her "turtlehead".

rav3n

She's a half Klingon whose father left her when she was young, and had to deal with school kids who called her "turtlehead".
Yes, I'm aware of her background. Voyager is one of my fave STs. But the way she flips out on Paris and pretty much everyone around her, doesn't point to an ESTJ.

R

Riva

Yes, I'm aware of her background. Voyager is one of my fave STs. But the way she flips out on Paris and pretty much everyone around her, doesn't point to an ESTJ.

ExTJs are less emotionally stable than some gives them credit for.
In the NT category ENTJs are the least emotionally stable of the group.
Also in my experience ESTJ flips out on their loved ones from time to time.
This is mostly evident due to their hugely observable natures.

Also I agree with Kdude is his typing of her as an ESTJ.

KDude

You might be right. But I'm not sold on F either, just because of emotions. I have a hard time typing her myself. And on a side note.. my own mom too (But I'm serious about the resemblance...as far as fiction goes).

I might agree with someone above about Paris being ESTP. If they're both T, he's a good contrast on being the type that uses Fe and likes to deflect and humor people.

rav3n

You might be right. But I'm not sold on F either, just because of emotions. I have a hard time typing her myself. And on a side note.. my own mom too (But I'm serious about the resemblance...as far as fiction goes).

I might agree with Paris being ESTP. If they're both T, he's a good contrast on being the type that uses Fe and likes to deflect and humor people.
Yeah, it's difficult to type her since she displays a "splitting" personality.

Totally agree that Paris is an ESTP! Thrills, chills, Ti-ishness.

KDude

I think Janeway might be ENTJ, but played by an ENFJ actress.

Whatever she is, she makes every other captain look like a wuss.

rav3n

Oh yeah, Janeway's ENTJ. Just watch the episode "Counterpoint".

R

Riva

I think Janeway might be ENTJ, but played by an ENFJ actress.

Whatever she is, she makes every other captain look like a wuss.

Oh yeah, Janeway's ENTJ. Just watch the episode "Counterpoint".

Yes at times she exhibits ENTJ qualities. (The episode you mentioned is an example.)

But most of the time she depends and implements traditional methods.
And she does not display Ni (Ahaa! moments) at all.
I would type her as an ESTJ.

On the other hand John Luc Picard is a stereotypical ENTJ.
He always always does something out of the box but smoothens the edges with Te.
And also although he exhibits introversion he is not an INTJ.
He is the captain of the ship and has to maintain a considerable amount of distance (emotional) from the crew.
His younger days (episode - Tapestry I believe) is a perfect example of his ENTJ nature.
Age has made him calmer, which could be mistaken to be introversion.

:)

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five
He is the captain of the ship and has to maintain a considerable amount of distance (emotional) from the crew.

His distance is extreme, even for a Captain. He didn't join the senior staff poker game until at the end of the seventh season. Compare to Kirk (ESTP), Sisko (ESTJ), and Janeway (ENTJ), all of whom are very much involved with their crew and senior staff.

His younger days (episode - Tapestry I believe) is a perfect example of his ENTJ nature.
Age has made him calmer, which could be mistaken to be introversion.

As an INTJ, I have to disagree with you. I, too, was sometimes a little brash and crazy like that when I was young.

R

Riva

As an INTJ, I have to disagree with you. I, too, was sometimes a little brash and crazy like that when I was young.
The point you made is quite a good one since it is a real life example.
I can't deny your behaviour nor can I speak for INTJs since I am not one.

:)

But I have some more points to make.
His distance is extreme, even for a Captain. He didn't join the senior staff poker game until at the end of the seventh season..
In that episode we are both discussing he was not only wild and crazy, he was a player. I know quite lot of INTJs (many of whom are my best friends) from RL, all of whom exhibit many traits not common to stereotypical INTJ descriptions but one thing they are stereotypical in is that none of them are players.John Luc Picard in his youth was pretty much a reckless, impulsive player.

This could be due to a Te+Se loop. And obviously he has changed over time and has fallen to a Ni+Fi loop.

R

Riva

Compare to Kirk (ESTP), Sisko (ESTJ), and Janeway (ENTJ), all of whom are very much involved with their crew and senior staff

Sisko -

What ever his type is he is not an ESTJ. His father was surely a one. But not him. No no. He was surely feeling based.
I guess all of us can agree on his J though.
And most of the episodes he struggles with making decisions due to his emotions getting in the way. So that suggests F.
And also his standards are internal based not external. That suggests I.
(And he emotionally bonds with his crew as opposed to socially bonding shown by Janeway.)
So for sisko I would believe IxFJ.