• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Star Trek Characters

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Dunno if there already is such a thread, I hope not, I'll start (dont have much knowledge about DS9 and Enterprise though.)

TNG

Caiptan Jean Luc Picard : INTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTJ
Lieutenant Commander Data: ENTP or INTP
Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: ENTJ
Doctor Beverly Crusher: ESFJ or ENFJ?
Councelor Diana Troy: ENFP (or ENFJ?)
Wesley Crusher: INFP
Lieutanant Worf: ISTJ ?
Chief O' Brien : xSTJ
Barclay : INTP
Zephram Cochran: ENTP
The Borg: ENTJ

Voyager:
Caiptan Kathryn Janeway: ENFJ
Commander Chakotay: difficult, ISFJ?, or INFJ?
Tom Paris: ESFP
B'elana Torres: ESTJ
Harry Kim: ENTP
Seven of Nine: INTJ
Tuvok: INTJ or ISTJ
Neelix: ENFP
The Doctor: ENTP
Kes: INFJ
The Borg: ENTJ

TOS:
Kirk: ESTP
McCoy: ENFJ
Spock: INTJ or ISTJ
Scotty: xSxP

I dont have watched enough DS9 or Ent to try any typing there, so please feel free to add series and characters I havent mentionend yet :) .

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My guesses are as follows:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
William T. Riker: ESTP
Beverly Crusher: ISFJ
Deanna Troi: INFP

Star Trek

James Tiberius Kirk: ENFP
Leonard McCoy: ISFJ
Mr. Spock: ISTJ

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Deanna Troi INFJ?

Mr. Spock INTJ - his logic is too pure for ISTJ who are very tradition and rule bound.

I'd say Kirk is an ESFP

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP

I second that motion - he had that SP "gung-ho" style.

What about Guinan...? Probably E (bartending), not sure S or N, T almost for sure, and I'd say P because she was always open to a lot of different viewpoints and experiences, etc. :thinking:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP

What about Guinan...? Probably E (bartending), not sure S or N, T almost for sure, and I'd say P because she was always open to a lot of different viewpoints and experiences, etc. :thinking:

Disclaimer: only seen up to season 4.

My guess is either INFJ or possibly INFP. But she's portrayed as the most mature character on the show, which means she's gonna come across as pretty balanced in all areas.

Bartending isn't as sociable a job as it may seem, but it's the perfect job to watch people from without getting especially involved. Especially with all the dim lights. Plus, she rarely seems to seek out other people's company unless they have a problem she has to fix. She seems to prefer to stay in the background. So I don't think she's an E.

She's always giving people the bigger picture and how their problems fit into that (giving them perspective), which suggests N. And she's usually helping people with emotional problems especially, which suggests NF to me.

No clue when it comes to J/P. Leaning towards very balanced J. But she could easily be a P, because she seems (as has been mentioned) to see many different perspectives and she never seems to judge people for their failings.

Edit: I don't think she's a T because she seems more concerned with people than with anything else. And if she were an NT I think she would display a drive towards competence which I don't see in her character.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
My guess is either INFJ or possibly INFP. But she's portrayed as the most mature character on the show, which means she's gonna come across as pretty balanced in all areas.

True 'dat - isn't she like 500 years old or something? :shock:

I'm not sure if F fits the bill or not.. Whenever Picard or someone would come to her with some big ass moral decision, her response would usually be "Do what's right (from a universal good point of view)". Picard might be like "Should I bomb the shit out of this planet to eliminate evil at the cost of the greater good?" and she'd be more inclined to answer "Yes, we must eliminate evil FOR the greater good" instead of "ZOMG - no way man, you'd totally be killing innocent people".

But then again, I don't really know many (any?) NFs in real life.

Post-script: I think we were totally debating the T/F divide simultaneously. :high-five:

Post-post-script: Maybe as a 500 year old NT, she's developed all the competence she cares to develop? Hrmm...

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

The reason why I thought ESTJ for Riker is that throughout the series he choose to remain first officer under Picard rather than getting his own command, I figure an SP would not be bound by duty that much.

ESTJs can be "gung-ho" as well, if their sense of justice is threatend or attacked they can become very crusader-like.

Guinan might be ENTJ ;) , Q is probaly ENTP.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
The reason why I thought ESTJ for Riker is that throughout the series he choose to remain first officer under Picard rather than getting his own command, I figure an SP would not be bound bay duty that much.

Good point, but I think an SJ would be more concerned about rank (and advancement of) than an SP. I'd think SP would be happier to just chill as first officer. I agree with Worf as SJ - he's very honor & duty bound. Riker seems a lot more flexible in his approach to things.

ESTJs can be "gung-ho" as well, if there sense of justice is threatend or attacked they can become very crusader-like.

True true.. He always just stuck me more as a "Shoot first, ask questions later" SP kind of guy. Tough call on that one.

Post-script: Was "Q" anyone else's favorite character?? He was such a sweet bastard!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not sure if F fits the bill or not.. Whenever Picard or someone would come to her with some big ass moral decision, her response would usually be "Do what's right (from a universal good point of view)". Picard might be like "Should I bomb the shit out of this planet to eliminate evil at the cost of the greater good?" and she'd be more inclined to answer "Yes, we must eliminate evil FOR the greater good" instead of "ZOMG - no way man, you'd totally be killing innocent people".

Maybe that would be a less mature automatic NF response. Even then, NFs often put values ahead of people, especially INFPs with the Fi primacy.

Post-post-script: Maybe as a 500 year old NT, she's developed all the competence she cares to develop? Hrmm...

Possibly. Such extreme maturity muddies the waters quite a lot. But what would you suggest those areas of competence are?

Guinan might be ENTJ ;) , Q is probaly ENTP.

:shock: Who does she lead? Who does she want to lead?

Dark Razor

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
:shock: Who does she lead? Who does she want to lead?

Mh, I was more like contrasting her and Q, she is very much concerned with long term consequences and keeping the balance of the universe intact, so to speak, while Q seems to be more playful and interested in providing immediate lessons, overall he seems more random. Guinan however seems like a deliberate long term strategist, I am most torn between ENFJ and ENTJ, though I am also open to her beeing introverted :) .

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Guinan however seems like a deliberate long term strategist, I am most torn between ENFJ and ENTJ, though I am also open to her beeing introverted :) .

I just can't see her being an E. She's usually in the background, and when she talks it's mostly to one character at a time, in fairly intimate settings. Unless circumstances force her to step to the forefront and leave her den, but they are usually fairly extraordinary circumstances. And people often express surprise to see her away from her usual setting.

And what does she do with her free time? Does she visit ppl? Does she socialize? Do we even know? If not, doesn't that suggest that she keeps to herself when she isn't actually working?

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
True true.. He always just stuck me more as a "Shoot first, ask questions later" SP kind of guy. Tough call on that one.

Actually - I take it back. I'm sticking with ESTP - if anyone was likely to go against "Starfleet protocol" or "Orders from the Admiral", it was Riker.

And what does she do with her free time? Does she visit ppl? Does she socialize? Do we even know? If not, doesn't that suggest that she keeps to herself when she isn't actually working?

If a character got a visit from Guinan, it meant something important was happening. She almost never dropped by just to shoot the shit. +1 for Introverted.

Maybe that would be a less mature automatic NF response. Even then, NFs often put values ahead of people, especially INFPs with the Fi primacy.

I see, I see... Again, I don't really know NFs that well. I tend to agree with you here.

Possibly. Such extreme maturity muddies the waters quite a lot. But what would you suggest those areas of competence are?

But then again, the age thing is really killing us. I could argue that Guinan has a mature NT "Taoist" thing going on. Struggle and develop yourself early in life then strive to achieve simplicity later in life...

If nothing else, mixing drinks is appeals to NT competency (at least, I'd get a kick out of it :cool: ) Maybe she's spent a lifetime striving to give damn good advice?

I think your argument holds more water overall, but I gotta play :devil: 's advocate. :)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Kirk: ESFP. I don't know how people see him as an ENxP, he's clearly an adventure seeker, whereas an ENxP would be more of a creator.

Spock: INTJ*

McCoy: ESFJ

Scotty: ESTP

Sulu: ISFP, maybe?

Uhura: ISTJ.

*I've decided that Spock is more likely an INTJ, I think, at least in the movies, because he's also looked upon as a mystic and has a constant need for understanding without necessarily having a practical application. He also looks for the meaning of human actions ("This is highly illogical"). I would suspect an ISTJ would be more meat-and-potatoes about that sort of thing.

He also shows some INFJ tendencies in Star Trek II by sacrificing himself for the crew. Although his decision was logical, it was also selfless. But as we have stated before, the T and F dichotomy is not about emotion or intellect. Regardless, I think an INTJ would more likely look out for himself before other people.

But Ni is quite clear in Spock, because he tries to comprehend the meaning of things. (Like in Star Trek V and the campfire scene.)

EDIT: In related news the new Star Trek film due for release next Xmas will have Leonard Nimoy making an appearance as Spock.

ILM will also be providing the special effects. Interestingly, the last two Trek films, Insurrection and Nemesis, did not have ILM involvement, and they were among the poorer entries to the franchise. Sometimes I wonder if ILM is Star Trek's good luck charm.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
My guesses are as follows:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
Beverly Crusher: ISFJ
Deanna Troi: INFP

Star Trek

James Tiberius Kirk: ENFP
Leonard McCoy: ISFJ
Mr. Spock: ISTJ

Tomcat, any sort of NF? Naaah - ESFP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Caiptan Jean Luc Picard : INTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTJ
Lieutenant Commander Data: INTP
Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: ISFP
Doctor Beverly Crusher: INFJ
Councelor Diana Troy: INFP (maybe ENFP)
Wesley Crusher: INxP
Lieutanant Worf: ISTJ
Chief O' Brien : ISTx
Barclay : INTP

Voyager:
Captain Kathryn Janeway: ENxJ
Commander Chakotay: ISFP
Harry Kim: ExxP
Tuvok: IxTJ
Neelix: ExxP
The Doctor: ENTP
Kes: INFJ

TOS:
McCoy: ISxJ
Spock: IxTJ
Scotty: ISFP

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just can't see her being an E. She's usually in the background, and when she talks it's mostly to one character at a time, in fairly intimate settings. Unless circumstances force her to step to the forefront and leave her den, but they are usually fairly extraordinary circumstances. And people often express surprise to see her away from her usual setting.

i can see her as an INFJ because she is also always analyzing subjective systems.

Yeah, that is closer than my guess. Kirk does seem like a T, but not an NT. ESTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can see her as an INFJ because she is also always analyzing subjective systems.

I had thought about INFJ for Deanna, but I am certain of Beverly Crusher being INFJ -- and Deanna is more like an INFP in comparison. Even if she is sometimes a cliche... :)