Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Hell yes for the Borg being ENTJ!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Douwd – INFJ (Kevin Uxbridge is a pristine example of INFJ mentality)
    50 billion people, an entire race, erased in a fit of rage, and you call that a "pristine example of INFJ mentality" ?!?! I don't know if I should feel offended, suicidal, or scared of myself out of my own wits... Or maybe all three at the same time ??
    Last edited by Wandering; 03-25-2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Post didn't go through in its entirety

MBTI
    INFJ

Breen - xNFJ
    Based on what ???

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    50 billion people, an entire race, erased in a fit of rage, and you call that a "pristine example of INFJ mentality" ?!?! I don't know if I should feel offended, suicidal, or scared of myself out of my own wits... Or maybe all three at the same time ??
    You are analyzing a fraction of his personality.

Look to his stimulus and subsequent response towards his genocide (of a vicious enemy).

I say again: INFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ

You are analyzing a fraction of his personality.
    Sure, but a very important fraction

Look to his stimulus and subsequent response towards his genocide (of a vicious enemy).
    Ah, but see, I don't know that an INFJ would "treat" themselves the way he does, by recreating his home and wife and happily going on with his life as though nothing had happened. Sure he goes into self-judgement when forced to reveal his crime, but it doesn't look like he would ever face it *voluntarily*, if left on his own. I personally couldn't live like that: I'd have to ATONE for my crime, one way or the other. I most definitely would NOT just go on with my life.

But then of course, all of this happens only three days after the attack. He's still under the shock of everything that happened, and he's looking for solace, thus the re-creating of his wife and home... (Which by the way smells very much of Si, a very *not* INFJ function...)

See, that's the problem with DomNis: we need TIME to absorb what happens. And time is exactly what we do NOT get in this case. We don't know how Kevin changes - or not - over the following months and years. If he just keeps on enjoying his private little life, then he's definitely no INFJ. If he faces up to what he did and seeks to somehow atone for his crime, then I can maybe see INFJ.

But then here's another thing: the way he stuck to his VALUES in the face of the danger his home and wife were confronted to. That's not INFJ, that's INFP. When confronted with an emotional situation (like being attacked by an alien race and threatened with total destruction), INFJs are far more likely to take a short-term approach: what is needed NOW? What do my family and community need from me? It's the INFPs who will choose the higher ground and stick to their values no matter what.

And it's the INFPs who are the most likely to throw open the gates of Hell, all values be damned, because you emotionally hurt them...

So I'll go for INFP, maybe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved from Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

So I'll go for INFP, maybe
    I'd also considered INFP.

His sense of accountability for the gravity of his behavior is what continues to push me towards an INFJ disposition.

The Husnock were a horrifying race equipped with vastly superior technology to the Federation - a race guilty of open holocaust. After their annihilation, Uxbridge still felt a sense of conscience towards them -- despite their crimes against the colonists and Rishon. This seems xNFJ to me.

Yet, you make good points to the INFP persuasion.

In the end, I'd wager his profound reluctance to kill is what elevates him to INFJ for me. Perhaps his atonement is the realization that he is left to love an illusion - the finality of his inaction as a self-inflicted punishment, shall we say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Moved from Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Thanks Ivy.

MBTI
    INFJ

His sense of accountability for the gravity of his behavior is what continues to push me towards an INFJ disposition.

The Husnock were a horrifying race equipped with vastly superior technology to the Federation - a race guilty of open holocaust. After their annihilation, Uxbridge still felt a sense of conscience towards them -- despite their crimes against the colonists and Rishon. This seems xNFJ to me.
    OK, this I can see. The Husnock "deserved" their punishment, and yet he can't stop feeling guilty for providing this punishment. Conflict between reason, values and feeling: that's more INFJ than INFP. An INFP would be more likely to know whether they acted according to their values, and to judge themselves accordingly, they wouldn't wish-wash like that.

In the end, I'd wager his profound reluctance to kill is what elevates him to INFJ for me.
    That sounds weird Sounds like INFJs are somehow "higher" than INFPs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

That sounds weird Sounds like INFJs are somehow "higher" than INFPs

Hehe.

The context was akin to "elevating" judgment from a basis of uncertainty (NFP v. NFJ) into one of certainty - hence the elevation.

MBTI
    INFJ

The context was akin to "elevating" judgment from a basis of uncertainty (NFP v. NFJ) into one of certainty - hence the elevation.
    Phew, I'm relieved!