• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Star Trek Characters

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
Douwd – INFJ (Kevin Uxbridge is a pristine example of INFJ mentality)
50 billion people, an entire race, erased in a fit of rage, and you call that a "pristine example of INFJ mentality" :shock: ?!?! I don't know if I should feel offended, suicidal, or scared of myself out of my own wits... Or maybe all three at the same time :cry:??

Last edited:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
50 billion people, an entire race, erased in a fit of rage, and you call that a "pristine example of INFJ mentality" :shock: ?!?! I don't know if I should feel offended, suicidal, or scared of myself out of my own wits... Or maybe all three at the same time :cry:??

You are analyzing a fraction of his personality. ;)

Look to his stimulus and subsequent response towards his genocide (of a vicious enemy).

I say again: INFJ.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
You are analyzing a fraction of his personality. ;)
Sure, but a very important fraction ;)

Look to his stimulus and subsequent response towards his genocide (of a vicious enemy).
Ah, but see, I don't know that an INFJ would "treat" themselves the way he does, by recreating his home and wife and happily going on with his life as though nothing had happened. Sure he goes into self-judgement when forced to reveal his crime, but it doesn't look like he would ever face it *voluntarily*, if left on his own. I personally couldn't live like that: I'd have to ATONE for my crime, one way or the other. I most definitely would NOT just go on with my life.

But then of course, all of this happens only three days after the attack. He's still under the shock of everything that happened, and he's looking for solace, thus the re-creating of his wife and home... (Which by the way smells very much of Si, a very *not* INFJ function...)

See, that's the problem with DomNis: we need TIME to absorb what happens. And time is exactly what we do NOT get in this case. We don't know how Kevin changes - or not - over the following months and years. If he just keeps on enjoying his private little life, then he's definitely no INFJ. If he faces up to what he did and seeks to somehow atone for his crime, then I can maybe see INFJ.

But then here's another thing: the way he stuck to his VALUES in the face of the danger his home and wife were confronted to. That's not INFJ, that's INFP. When confronted with an emotional situation (like being attacked by an alien race and threatened with total destruction), INFJs are far more likely to take a short-term approach: what is needed NOW? What do my family and community need from me? It's the INFPs who will choose the higher ground and stick to their values no matter what.

And it's the INFPs who are the most likely to throw open the gates of Hell, all values be damned, because you emotionally hurt them...

So I'll go for INFP, maybe ;)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved from Science, Technology, and Future Tech

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
So I'll go for INFP, maybe ;)

I'd also considered INFP.

His sense of accountability for the gravity of his behavior is what continues to push me towards an INFJ disposition.

The Husnock were a horrifying race equipped with vastly superior technology to the Federation - a race guilty of open holocaust. After their annihilation, Uxbridge still felt a sense of conscience towards them -- despite their crimes against the colonists and Rishon. This seems xNFJ to me.

Yet, you make good points to the INFP persuasion.

In the end, I'd wager his profound reluctance to kill is what elevates him to INFJ for me. Perhaps his atonement is the realization that he is left to love an illusion - the finality of his inaction as a self-inflicted punishment, shall we say.

Moved from Science, Technology, and Future Tech

Thanks Ivy.

Wandering

Highly Hollow
MBTI Type
INFJ
His sense of accountability for the gravity of his behavior is what continues to push me towards an INFJ disposition.

The Husnock were a horrifying race equipped with vastly superior technology to the Federation - a race guilty of open holocaust. After their annihilation, Uxbridge still felt a sense of conscience towards them -- despite their crimes against the colonists and Rishon. This seems xNFJ to me.
OK, this I can see. The Husnock "deserved" their punishment, and yet he can't stop feeling guilty for providing this punishment. Conflict between reason, values and feeling: that's more INFJ than INFP. An INFP would be more likely to know whether they acted according to their values, and to judge themselves accordingly, they wouldn't wish-wash like that.

In the end, I'd wager his profound reluctance to kill is what elevates him to INFJ for me.
That sounds weird :huh: Sounds like INFJs are somehow "higher" than INFPs :shock:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
That sounds weird :huh: Sounds like INFJs are somehow "higher" than INFPs :shock:

Hehe.

The context was akin to "elevating" judgment from a basis of uncertainty (NFP v. NFJ) into one of certainty - hence the elevation. ;)

Griffi97

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay Night, what else do you have for us? How about the alien captain in the Darmok episode? :D

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
I'd agree that Spock is more ISTJ than INTJ, though he does show a few INTJ traits now and then... especially by the time the movies come out. I don't think an INTJ would go around quoting Starfleet regulations... On that thought, Saavik's definately an STJ.

I'd have to go with McCoy and Sulu being more extroverted than not, especially McCoy. I'd say EsFP. He's certainly not shy about making his thoughts, feelings or opinions known around anyone else and almost lacks that "shut up filter" I have seen commonly lacked in many ExFPs.

Sulu might be an INTP with a tendency towards extroversion (ie, not one of the reclusive, odd INTPs). He has his areas of expertise as is typical with NTs (fencing, botany), but he's constantly seen having fun and socializing with the other crew members...

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Do people who love Star Wars, love Star Trek too, or is it two different worlds. (You craziez)

lrathbon

MBTI Type
INTj
Hmm, what strikes me as odd is that Picard is an INTJ and Data is an INTP and yet they are good friends and get along well. Don't INTPs and INTJs usually have a hard time getting along? I guess with Picard as a likely 1w9 INTJ rather than, say, a 5w4, we avoid the usual petty arguments those two types often find themselves in... any thoughts?

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
My husband is an INTJ. If I remember correctly, he is a 1w9. I am mostly an INTP. I'm not sure whether we are an exception to a commonality or the rumor is wrong, but we get along pretty well.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Watching Star Trek The Original Series today, Spock says to McCoy (when offered a decent meal) - "you are such a sensualist!". McCoy replies, "absolutely".

Sounds kinda sensory!

R

Riva

Jon Luc Picard - ENTJ

everyone of you have labeled him as a INTJ. care to explain?

these are the reasons why i think he is an ENTJ -

(1)
most people think he is an INTJ is i think because he is extremely private about his emotions, thoughts etc. much like a INTJ. but the thing is he is the captain of the ship. he has to be a bit more private than the rest of the crew. captain of any army, navy, air force or even star fleet in this world is expected remain a bit private and hidden about themselves. which is exactly why i think he hides a part of him. which come of as INTJ to many observers.

(2)
and mind you extreme T dominant(dependent) ENTJ are like INTJ. total suppression of feelings is common. and i think Picard is one of them.

(3)
another point to be made is Picards younger self. in the episode the Tapestry flashbacks of his youth are shown to him by Q. and he very much acts like a ENTJ in him youth.

(4)
and Picard himself admits that he made a lot of mistakes in his youth. ENTJ with a well developed tertiary Se and an Underdeveloped Ni acts a lot on their impulses. especially when they are YOUNG and when they are having fun. i think Picard is one of the best examples of this.

(5)
and i think Ni which is secondary to ENTJs develop with maturity. meanwhile because of the lack of Ni they will be inclined to use their Se which is tertiary but easier to use for such individuals.

deleted
I agree Ravana. Picard is much more Te and legalist. INTJs are too impressionable and realist for his role. More importantly ENTJs are strong team-based leaders. INTJs are much more in it to be completely in charge, plan and assign a system of lesser roles to people. ENTJs are less inclined to act quickly in critical circumstances than INTJs, so that I don't know about.