• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Star Trek Characters

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Nerdy post- Star Trek

My girlfriend and I were discussing what all the types of personalities of Star Trek characters were.

Since I'm relatively new to MBTI theory, I was only making random extrapolations, but am curious if others have opinions about the matter.

Since one of her favorite shows had been The Next Generation, after perusing through some sites, she and I came across these assessments:

Picard: ENTJ/INTJ (he was a brash, arrogant officer before he had heart surgery in a duel and then chilled out to be a pensive scholar)

Deanna Troi: INFJ/ INFP

Dr. Krusher: ESTP

Riker: ENFJ (he's a womanizer, nuff said)

Jordi: INTP

Q: ENTP

What say you?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Moved to Pop Culture and Type. Carry on and live long and prosper.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
My girlfriend and I were discussing what all the types of personalities of Star Trek characters were.

Since I'm relatively new to MBTI theory, I was only making random extrapolations, but am curious if others have opinions about the matter.

Since one of her favorite shows had been The Next Generation, after perusing through some sites, she and I came across these assessments:

Picard: ENTJ/INTJ (he was a brash, arrogant officer before he had heart surgery in a duel and then chilled out to be a pensive scholar)

What say you?

Picard: INTJ.
Troi: I agree
Beverly Crusher: ESFJ
Riker: ESTP
Geordi: ISTP
Q: ESTP

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What say you?
Those sound reasonable. I might consider Riker an ENXJ because he can seem T-ish at times, although that could be the male style of communication as an ENFJ. My nephew is huge into StarTrek now, so my mom watches it with him. She thinks I'm like Troi, which I'm not sure what to think about. I certainly do not have the hair.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Picard: INTJ
Deanna Troi: INFP
Dr. Crusher: INFJ
Riker: ESTJ
Jordi: ISFP
Wesley: IxTx
Tasha Yar: ISTx
Data: INTP
Worf: ISTJ

There are some other threads about this, I think, here somewhere... if you want to search for them.

EDIT: Oh bother, here's one of them.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every time I see something like this, for the *most* part everyone agrees on Picard, Troi, Q, Data and Worf, but the rest are a mixed bag.

Wesley I am pretty sure is INFP, Troi could be INFP or J, not sure.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I say Garak, Gul Dukat, Julian Bashir, Trip and Dr Flox (Enterprise) and possibly Jadzia-Dax and Jake Sisko are also ENTP's.

And O'Brian is ISTP, and Sisko and Janeway are ENTJ. I'm not sure about Kira - maybe ESFJ, but I can't really tell... I like her anyway, in an odd kinda way. And Odo's ISTJ as is T'Pol. Quark's ESTP and Rom's possibly INFP.

I mean, just off the cuff, like ;)

(NOT)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
O'Brian is ISTP
Sisko and Janeway are ENTJ.
Kira - maybe ESFJ
Odo's ISTJ as is T'Pol
Quark's ESTP

Bolded ones -- yup.
Others? Plausible. Not sure, tho.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Capt. Archer is an ENFP. (Sorry, it doesn't specifically say TNG characters.)

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I asked an LJ community (typers?) about the DS9 characters... I was guessing Sisko was INFJ actually, I definitely do not see ENTJ in him. The man has way too much compassion underlying that serious look. Janeway though, totally.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Picard: INTJ.
Troi: I agree
Beverly Crusher: ESFJ
Riker: ESTP
Geordi: ISTP
Q: ESTP

It's hard to type Dr. Crusher- she seems like a Thinker type to me, who puts her emotions aside when making decisions. However she is very ethical, which makes me think she might be ENTJ/ ESTP even if her decisions work against her own interests. Let's remember that she chose to remain close friends with Picard even after he had made the decision to save another man's life instead of her husband's during a war and never held a grudge against him and was able to see that he only had a split second to make that decision and did not blame him for it.

hotmale

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Picard: INTJ
Deanna Troi: INFP
Dr. Crusher: INFJ
Riker: ESTJ
Geordi: ISFP
Wesley: IxTx
Tasha Yar: ISTx
Data: INTP
Worf: ISTJ

There are some other threads about this, I think, here somewhere... if you want to search for them.

EDIT: Oh bother, here's one of them.

Ah, well done, Jennifer. I will use the search function next time. :)

Those sound reasonable. I might consider Riker an ENXJ because he can seem T-ish at times, although that could be the male style of communication as an ENFJ. My nephew is huge into StarTrek now, so my mom watches it with him. She thinks I'm like Troi, which I'm not sure what to think about. I certainly do not have the hair.

You could be right about that. He seems like a very "warm" character however, which I've heard is indicative of NFs but it could be possible that is somewhere in between.

Counselor Troi does seem very interesting- although being a product of two different races could perceivably make her more attuned to her ability to analyze from an external point of view. However, she also seems very "warm" to me, you, on the other hand, from your posting history strike me as being very logical with a compassionate nature. :)

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I only really got into TNG and, to a lesser extent, TOS. So those are the ones I'll guess at:

TNG:

Caiptan Jean Luc Picard : INTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTP
Lieutenant Commander Data: INTP
Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: ENTP
Doctor Beverly Crusher: ISFJ
Councelor Diana Troy: INFP
Lieutanant Worf: ISTP
Gynan: INFP

TOS:

Kirk: ESTP
McCoy: ISFJ
Spock: INTJ
Scotty: ESXP
Uhura: ISFJ
Checkov: ISTJ
Sulu: INTP

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mr. Spock - INTJ
Mr. Scotty - ISTJ
Mr. Mccoy - ESFP
Captain Kirk - ENFJ

developer

MBTI Type
INTJ
Riker seems ESTJ to me, which would also fit well with him living happily as the right hand man of an INTJ (Picard).

Spock is a difficult one (ISTJ vs. INTJ), but I would go for ISTJ, because so often he is about Starfleet regulations and Vulcan traditions. Also, his answers are very often focused on pretty irrelevant details.

Janeway could be an ENFJ, but I would personally believe more in the ENTJ interpretation. She does care about her crew, but she can be very tough on them and she also is always ready to get into a good fight, blasting some uncooperative aliens out of the sky.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Star Trek MBTI

Here are some impressions of MBTI for major races in the Star Trek universe:

Humans – xStj
Klingon – xSTJ
Ferengi – xSTP
Vulcan – InTJ
Douwd – INFJ (Kevin Uxbridge is a pristine example of INFJ mentality)
Borg – ENTJ
Q – ENTP (flashes of J behavior when circumstances warrant)
Betazoid - xNFx
Species 8472 – xxTJ
Cardassian - xNTP
Bajorans - xnFP
Romulans – xSTJ
Breen - xNFJ
Jem’Hadar – EsTJ

Feel free to revise / add as you see fit.

As always, I’ve many more to add, if anyone is interested.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Fugg yeah!

KLINGON
klingon1.jpg

I'd totally make love to a good looking Romulan chic. :)