User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Guinan however seems like a deliberate long term strategist, I am most torn between ENFJ and ENTJ, though I am also open to her beeing introverted .
    I just can't see her being an E. She's usually in the background, and when she talks it's mostly to one character at a time, in fairly intimate settings. Unless circumstances force her to step to the forefront and leave her den, but they are usually fairly extraordinary circumstances. And people often express surprise to see her away from her usual setting.

And what does she do with her free time? Does she visit ppl? Does she socialize? Do we even know? If not, doesn't that suggest that she keeps to herself when she isn't actually working?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    True true.. He always just stuck me more as a "Shoot first, ask questions later" SP kind of guy. Tough call on that one.
    Actually - I take it back. I'm sticking with ESTP - if anyone was likely to go against "Starfleet protocol" or "Orders from the Admiral", it was Riker.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    And what does she do with her free time? Does she visit ppl? Does she socialize? Do we even know? If not, doesn't that suggest that she keeps to herself when she isn't actually working?
    If a character got a visit from Guinan, it meant something important was happening. She almost never dropped by just to shoot the shit. +1 for Introverted.

Maybe that would be a less mature automatic NF response. Even then, NFs often put values ahead of people, especially INFPs with the Fi primacy.
    I see, I see... Again, I don't really know NFs that well. I tend to agree with you here.

Possibly. Such extreme maturity muddies the waters quite a lot. But what would you suggest those areas of competence are?
    But then again, the age thing is really killing us. I could argue that Guinan has a mature NT "Taoist" thing going on. Struggle and develop yourself early in life then strive to achieve simplicity later in life...

If nothing else, mixing drinks is appeals to NT competency (at least, I'd get a kick out of it ) Maybe she's spent a lifetime striving to give damn good advice?

I think your argument holds more water overall, but I gotta play 's advocate.

MBTI
    INTj

Moved from The Fluff Zone.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Kirk: ESFP. I don't know how people see him as an ENxP, he's clearly an adventure seeker, whereas an ENxP would be more of a creator.

Spock: INTJ*

McCoy: ESFJ

Scotty: ESTP

Sulu: ISFP, maybe?

Uhura: ISTJ.

*I've decided that Spock is more likely an INTJ, I think, at least in the movies, because he's also looked upon as a mystic and has a constant need for understanding without necessarily having a practical application. He also looks for the meaning of human actions ("This is highly illogical"). I would suspect an ISTJ would be more meat-and-potatoes about that sort of thing.

He also shows some INFJ tendencies in Star Trek II by sacrificing himself for the crew. Although his decision was logical, it was also selfless. But as we have stated before, the T and F dichotomy is not about emotion or intellect. Regardless, I think an INTJ would more likely look out for himself before other people.

But Ni is quite clear in Spock, because he tries to comprehend the meaning of things. (Like in Star Trek V and the campfire scene.)

EDIT: In related news the new Star Trek film due for release next Xmas will have Leonard Nimoy making an appearance as Spock.

ILM will also be providing the special effects. Interestingly, the last two Trek films, Insurrection and Nemesis, did not have ILM involvement, and they were among the poorer entries to the franchise. Sometimes I wonder if ILM is Star Trek's good luck charm.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Moved from The Fluff Zone.
    I agree. Star Trek is Serious Business!!

heart on fire

I say Kirk is ENFP.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    My guesses are as follows:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
    William T. Riker: ESTP
    Beverly Crusher: ISFJ
    Deanna Troi: INFP

Star Trek

James Tiberius Kirk: ENFP
    Leonard McCoy: ISFJ
    Mr. Spock: ISTJ
    Tomcat, any sort of NF? Naaah - ESFP.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Caiptan Jean Luc Picard : INTJ
    Commander William Riker: ESTJ
    Lieutenant Commander Data: INTP
    Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge: ISFP
    Doctor Beverly Crusher: INFJ
    Councelor Diana Troy: INFP (maybe ENFP)
    Wesley Crusher: INxP
    Lieutanant Worf: ISTJ
    Chief O' Brien : ISTx
    Barclay : INTP

Voyager:
    Captain Kathryn Janeway: ENxJ
    Commander Chakotay: ISFP
    Harry Kim: ExxP
    Tuvok: IxTJ
    Neelix: ExxP
    The Doctor: ENTP
    Kes: INFJ

TOS:
    Kirk: ESTP
    McCoy: ISxJ
    Spock: IxTJ
    Scotty: ISFP
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I just can't see her being an E. She's usually in the background, and when she talks it's mostly to one character at a time, in fairly intimate settings. Unless circumstances force her to step to the forefront and leave her den, but they are usually fairly extraordinary circumstances. And people often express surprise to see her away from her usual setting.

i can see her as an INFJ because she is also always analyzing subjective systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Kirk: ESTP
    Yeah, that is closer than my guess. Kirk does seem like a T, but not an NT. ESTP.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    i can see her as an INFJ because she is also always analyzing subjective systems.
    I had thought about INFJ for Deanna, but I am certain of Beverly Crusher being INFJ -- and Deanna is more like an INFP in comparison. Even if she is sometimes a cliche...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft